Is Wolfmother the new Led Zeppelin?

McSeven

I know that there will never be another Led Zeppelin. It just that when I listen to them/The media always describes them as LZ, Its the image that pops up.

I have Cosmic Egg. Its very Zep in certain songs. The only thing that they don't have is a big Guitar hero thing happening. I will have to go to their concerts to see if thats the thing that they have going on.

Anyone hear of Wolfmother? The only other band that had the Led Zep tag was Soundgarden.

MC7

I agree they are not the new Led Zeppelin but they are a good listen. Can't remember the name of the guitarist but in concert he raises the guitar above his head in emulation of Page. Funny how my favorite bands of all time are LZ and Soundgarden

I know that there will never be another Led Zeppelin. It just that when I listen to them/The media always describes them as LZ, Its the image that pops up.

I have Cosmic Egg. Its very Zep in certain songs. The only thing that they don't have is a big Guitar hero thing happening. I will have to go to their concerts to see if thats the thing that they have going on.

Anyone hear of Wolfmother? The only other band that had the Led Zep tag was Soundgarden.

MC7

Where do you get your weed?

Well, I think they are good, comparing to the most of nowadays stuff which sells as music, but considering them new LZ, now way man. Oh and I don't think there is ever going to be a band as good as LZ again. You can copy them, and cover Communication Breakdown, but that is as far as it goes :mellow:

I think the only thing remotely close to being the new zeppelin is The Dead Weather. They are a bluesy supergroup that has emphasis on the groove and they have a famous session guitarist except he plays the drums. They also both have a bluesy singer with a higher pitched voice

But i definitely agree that there will not be a new zeppelin

I think the only thing remotely close to being the new zeppelin is The Dead Weather. They are a bluesy supergroup that has emphasis on the groove and they have a famous session guitarist except he plays the drums. They also both have a bluesy singer with a higher pitched voice

But i definitely agree that there will not be a new zeppelin

I love Dead Weather but I don't think of them being a new Zep.

Jack White isn't a famous session guitarist. And the reason their singer has a higher pitched voice is that she's a woman!

Must admit, I don't hear any resemblance to Zep except in the most general terms of using blues forms, and then not on all songs.

Jack White isn't a famous session guitarist. And the reason their singer has a higher pitched voice is that she's a woman!

Must admit, I don't hear any resemblance to Zep except in the most general terms of using blues forms, and then not on all songs.

Yea, they definitely don't sound like zep but i guess i mean there are some similarities between in some aesthetic parts of each band.

I should've said that Jack white was well known before the dead weather, like Page was before zep

haha i should have been more accurate with what i wanted to say

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like singing not screaming, so I would have to say no, nein, niet, never to Wolfmother as the new LZ! And I always thought of Soundgarden as a grunge or an alternative rock band. So, I would like to quote Wolfman if I may, Where do you get your weed? wacko.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The closest you'll get to a "new zeppelin" are The Answer.

Bleh, their singer certainly relates to Plant in both voice and style, but I had the opportunity to see them as the opener for ACDC(front row, btw) and I really didn't like them. But then again it was live.

I like WolfMother, but no.

I love The Answer, best new band I've seen in years, Everyday Demons was the best album of 2009 as far as I'm concerned, but again no.

Remember these kinds of things need to be judged on a careers' worth of output and not just on a snapshot of a band 2 or 3 albums into their lifespan.

Is Wolfmother the next Led Zeppelin? Are you Really serious with this question? No disrespect intended, but, there Will NEVER be another band like LED ZEPELLIN that will EVER equal the Sound, Power, Mystique, Showmanship, Production, Etc... that Jimmy Page/Robert Plant/John Paul Jones/John Bonham created amongst themselves that will EVER be duplicated. Thousands have tried but none have ever succeeded to the level of Led Zeppelin. I hope that Most of You would concede to that fact. There are alot of Great bands that followed in the wake of Led Zeppelin, but none ever came close to the sheer "Power" and "Creativity" that the "Mighty Led Zeppelin" Music ever produced.

MC7

I work @ Oakley. They're gonna be playing here all week. I'm personally not a fan of Wolfmother but I can hear the similarities.

• 2 years later...

The new Wolfmother is going to be released as an Andrew Stockdale solo album, in the last interview I read, Mr. Stockdale said that since the band isn't signed to any music label, they will go ahead and release this on iTunes exclusively, though the album is already streaming on soundcloud.com. Earlier today, Stockdale posted these as tentative back and front covers of the CD, titled Keep moving.

482229_10151518657567667_108377539_n.jpg

300309_10151518548947667_1650340905_n.jp

Archived