Random Newspaper Articles

I wanted all this newspaper in original.

Wow!

But this is all copie ?

Roger

Roger, the article posted to the timeline is clearly a print from microfilm. I removed some of the microfilm scratches (above) but it is still just a copy of the original newspaper article.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Paul Gilbert worked at MacNeill Press Ltd in London in the heyday of vinyl albums, the early–mid 1970s.

">http://MacNeillPressLondon_zpsb3fe2e64.png

...Once printed, the flat sheets went down to the letterpress to be cut and then up to the bindery to be folded and glued, where they were boxed up and sent out to the record companies Most of the finishing (folding and glueing) was done in house, but any covers that needed laminating were sent out to a place in Peckham..

11. Tell me more about Led Zeppelin turning up…

I think it was one or two of the band with the usual hangers-on/flunky types. They turned up in a limo in the afternoon, they were all smashed!

houses-of-the-holy-gatefold.png?w=627

There was some arty person too. They were supposed to sign off the Houses Of The Holy sleeve but they didn’t like the colour of the sky on the inner gatefold picture. So, we overprinted a 5th colour to make the sky darker as we couldn’t get it how they wanted with standard 4 colour process.

Paul Gilbert Memories of MacNeil Printing Press/Houses of the Holy Era....

http://www.rarerecordcollector.net/hot-off-the-pressmacneill-press-record-sleeve-printer-remembers-the-good-old-days/

"Sometimes a member of the band used to turn up. I know Led Zeppelin did once, in a limo but it was far too dirty and noisy for them!"

"

Edited by PlanetPage

• 3 weeks later...

Salt Lake City Review July 30th, 1969...LZ/Terrace Ballroom with Vanilla Fudge... Coutesy: J. Marriott Library Staff

">http://saltlakereview2_zps37dc3d06.jpg

...This review also answers question posed to Miss Pamela/I am with the Band Entry for July 31st, 1969 ...Jimmy Page was indeed arriving from Salt Lake City - Ms. Pamela was unaware of where LZ was arriving from July 31st, 1969 her entry..."Jimmy Page is coming to town today..."

Edited by PlanetPage

Nice find PlanetPage!

No mention of Taurus...but the line "Vanilla Fudge appeared as musical imposters" caught my eye. ;)

...Thozil that is the highlight of this magnificient review all in honour of Page and his Driving Force...there is no way anyone could follow that...

here is the video that connects with this, at 4:23 approx. mark, Mark Stein Vanilla Fudge discussed this historic show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDBQdHNimmA

...this confirmation, beyond reasonable doubt, (post review) moves the Las Vegas Timeline slightly...they would have to pass Vegas, perhaps they stopped by briefly..

Edited by PlanetPage

...this confirmation, beyond reasonable doubt, (post review) moves the Las Vegas Timeline slightly...they would have to pass Vegas, perhaps they stopped by briefly..

It definitively rules out July 31, 1969 as the date of their Las Vegas concert, but does not contradict the date having been August 11, 1969. It is still believed that on August 12, 1969 Jimmy was flown from Salt Lake City to JFK International in NY where, accompanied by Peter Grant and Eddie Kramer, he completed the mixing of 'Bring It On Home' and played back 'Living Loving Maid', 'Heartbreaker' and 'What Is And What Should Never Be'. Awaiting to see if/how this studio session is presented in the liner notes of the new Led Zeppelin boxed set release.