An Open Letter to Robert Plant

whitelady

Why are they addressing it to just Robert when it's up to the three of them to make those decisions, as far as I understand thing.

I don't understand that part at all. I suppose it makes a change from people thinking Jimmy's the one who can just decide things unilaterally, but apart from that . . . And it doesn't seem a very important issue, frankly.

Am i right in saying that Robert has sold his rights to Led Zeppelin material? Therefore letter is posted to wrong person, should be Jimmy and Jonesy

Yes but as it's been explained on the board, Robert retained creative control so therefore he would have a say in how/if Zep's music is licensed.

I am middle aged so Led Zeppelin was a huge part of my life, driving around with friends, making out at parties, or just listening in my room. I still LOVE to close my eyes and listen to their songs. I understand why Supernatural would want Zeppelin music in their show, it would be perfect since they borrow the best rock music anyway. They reference the band in many ways, so to hear a classic song playing in the Impala would be perfect. Any Led Zeppelin song would do, since there are no bad songs. I actually Love the show, the actors, writers and music are a perfect recipe. I have all the Supernatural shows season 1-4 so far, plus every album by Led Zeppelin so how perfect would it be to put them together even just once.

I'm a Supernatural fan and the show has always had a few Led Zeppelin moments which always make me smile and if the TV show 'One Tree Hill' can have a Zeppelin song...it would really be great on Supernatural...since most of the songs played are classic rock--maybe the open letter is hoping Mr. Plant will appear on the show too...I'd watch for sure then B)

whats this guy requesting? No quarter? lol

"Close the door, turn out the lights" would fit in wonderfully with a show based the supernatural. lol taking the path where no one go's. ehhh...if you ever get to the opportunity to talk with the commander...ask him...who's the band refering to when they give us the line "They ask no quarter".

Archived