Hello from Ireland

WantonMan

Hi all, my name is Dan, a Led head from Ireland. I have to risk causing trouble straight away because Zeppelin aren't my favourite band, but they're next on the list! Anyway I wouldn't doubt that Zeppelin had the four finest musicians possible to have in one band, and in my opinion Jimmy Page is the greatest guitar player in history, his imagination for songwriting, tunings, soloing, etc. is unparalleled and he's a massive inspiration for a untalented aspiring guitar player such as myself.

That's about all I can think to say at the moment, I'll have a look around and hopefully contribute a bit once I get used to the place. Also, if there's a better song than Ten Years Gone in the universe, I haven't heard it.

Hi all, my name is Dan, a Led head from Ireland. I have to risk causing trouble straight away because Zeppelin aren't my favourite band, but they're next on the list! Anyway I wouldn't doubt that Zeppelin had the four finest musicians possible to have in one band, and in my opinion Jimmy Page is the greatest guitar player in history, his imagination for songwriting, tunings, soloing, etc. is unparalleled and he's a massive inspiration for a untalented aspiring guitar player such as myself.

That's about all I can think to say at the moment, I'll have a look around and hopefully contribute a bit once I get used to the place. Also, if there's a better song than Ten Years Gone in the universe, I haven't heard it.

Helloooooooooooooooooo Paddy,

From one Dan (and i'm half Irish, but i'm not sure which half) to another,

"Céad míle fáilte"

Regards, Danny

Welcome to the forum. BTW, who would be number one on your list of favorite bands?

Thanks all for the welcome!

BIGDAN my knowledge of the Irish language doesn't go far beyond yours I'm afraid, but I understood that much, thank you!

ledzepfvr my favourite band is Thin Lizzy, it's the dual guitars, the Irish melodies, Phil Lynott's songwriting, his smooth yet powerful voice, and in my opinion they were the finest live band of all time!

Behind Lizzy it's all up for grabs, Zeppelin would be next up, but I also love Rory Gallagher, Eagles, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, the list goes on and on....

Archived