Roger Daltrey Wants To Form Band With Jimmy Page

Diana-loura

Hello All!

IMHO Jimmy will make the right decision. While LZ will always be my music of choice, I have and will always support anything they do musically. These men are brilliant musically.

Roger also deserves a hell of a lot of respect...I mean come on, we are talking Roger Daltrey.

Hello All!

IMHO Jimmy will make the right decision. While LZ will always be my music of choice, I have and will always support anything they do musically. These men are brilliant musically.

Roger also deserves a hell of a lot of respect...I mean come on, we are talking Roger Daltrey.

I must disagree with you, Roger Daltrey is not a bad singer, the biggest problem now is that The Who no longer exists, and the only two remaining members try to push in any way a boat that is no longer able to navigate in the music market because of the lack of the other two members that are dead, and that makes both Roger and Pete's target of severe criticism that accuse them of being mercenaries in the music scene. Personally I think there are far worse singers such as Gene Simmons, but this is a personal matter. Besides that, we must never defy new musical projects, after all unusual mixtures can produce a brilliant record.

I must disagree with you, Roger Daltrey is not a bad singer, the biggest problem now is that The Who no longer exists, and the only two remaining members try to push in any way a boat that is no longer able to navigate in the music market because of the lack of the other two members that are dead, and that makes both Roger and Pete's target of severe criticism that accuse them of being mercenaries in the music scene. Personally I think there are far worse singers such as Gene Simmons, but this is a personal matter. Besides that, we must never defy new musical projects, after all unusual mixtures can produce a brilliant record.

Hello Dark Zoso!

Opinion noted, but my point was that Roger Daltrey still deserves respect as The Who in their day did produce some of the best music around and I still enjoy listening to them. I can see he and Jimmy doing something with the blues...but as I stated I am sure Mr. Page will make the right decision. :D

I can agree with some of the idea's in this statement.

Roger Daltry has some singing still left in him. He can't do all the harsh screaming of his youth, but if you check out his voice in The Who's music you will find him more of a gruff and Bluesy style singer that will belt out a few shrill like sound's and accent's to the word's where it is needed.

I don't see he and Pete as merc's, Pete has done good with solo disc's, Roger has not done as well on his own.

Unusual mixtures, yeah, like Greg Allman said when the Allman Brothers first started out.. "This is ether going to be a train wreck, or it's gon'a be real smooth!"

I think Roger Daltrey & Robert Plant still have good to great voices. I think they became better "singers" as they aged. People, particularly those who like hard rock & metal, usually equate vocal "power" with being a good singer. Robert Plant may have had a more powerful voice on LZ1 than he did on on later Zeppelin albums but he was a better disciplined singer by the time of ITTOD. A person can prefer one style to the other, but he was better at his craft by ITTOD & he was still great on Raising Sand, which IMO only pushed him further as a disciplined vocalist.

The same with Daltrey, he became a more disciplined singer. He's getting a lot of flack over the Super Bowl performance which is reminiscent of all the complaints of "Page can't play anymore, he's lost it" after the Live Aid & Atlantic reunions in the 80's. I've heard Daltrey sing consistently worse throughout the 80's when the Who was winding down & when they reunited later in the decade. He really started to hit his stride again vocally again with The Who in the late 90's up until a few years ago, which were some of his best performances if not necessarily The Who's.

Anyway, I would still prefer Page & Daltrey to find others better suited for them.

Hello All!

I hope Jimmy Page does something a little more left field and collaborates with Tori Amos. That would be something worth paying to see.

This comment may be a little inside, but this place is starting to read like the Sheryl Crow site. ;)

Maybe Jimmy could do a cameo appearance on Cougar Town.

This comment may be a little inside, but this place is starting to read like the Sheryl Crow site. ;)

Maybe Jimmy could do a cameo appearance on Cougar Town.

Care to elaborate a little more on my comment?

Roger said he would like to collaborate with Jimmy on some blues music NOT doing Led Zep songs. I would definitely go see that live. I recently saw Roger do a solo performance in a small venue and he was absolutely great. Did some Who, some blues, some of his solo stuff and even some Johnny Cash! LOVED IT. AND ALSO JUST MAYBE Robert (who's also good friends with Roger) might get a little jealous and a little homesick and decide he wants to do some more stuff with Jimmy again, maybe more like the No Quarter stuff?

So I saw Daltrey last night and I have to say he was pretty damn good! His voice was a little rough/hoarse, and he didn't even try to do any of those big screams. He did a nice bluesy version of My Generation. Also Mannish Boy and Young Man Blues(yeah!) and I can easily see him doing a blues album. He was also very entertaining, joking a lot. Closed with Baba O'Reilly.

Clapton, apparently has zero personality. I'm pretty sure he never said a word or addressed the audience in any way. The concert was excellent thought, a nice mix of blues/rock and a little acoustic section in the middle. Highlights were Badge, I shot the sheriff, Before you accuse me, Cocaine, Old love, Tell the Truth.

Both had great bands, and I was annoyed that neither introduced them. I believe Simon Townsend played guitar for Roger.

Exactly. I saw Eric and Roger just a few nights ago and Roger was amazing. Eric, kept pretty quiet. I don't know if he wasn't in the talking mood or he didn't feel good....who knows. Eric seems likable on TV, magazines. But is he really?

Exactly. I saw Eric and Roger just a few nights ago and Roger was amazing. Eric, kept pretty quiet. I don't know if he wasn't in the talking mood or he didn't feel good....who knows. Eric seems likable on TV, magazines. But is he really?

Talking as in stage banter? He's never been one to be overly verbose on stage. Don't know what that has to do with him being likable or how he performed.

Oh dear, well you certainly wouldn't have enjoyed last night's show, then.

Now personally, I thought Daltrey still has the kind of voice a 20-year-old would (or should) envy, really powerful even if, like Plant, he's not shrieking in the higher registers. He was also probably the best-value support act I've ever seen--at the beginning of his set, people were still drifting in, before it ended the entire packed arena was on its feet.

As for Clapton, well, he never says much. I wasn't there for that, though, luckily. :D He was as wonderful as always, and ripped out a solo during I Shot the Sheriff that was breath-taking.

Talking as in stage banter? He's never been one to be overly verbose on stage. Don't know what that has to do with him being likable or how he performed.

It's very important to me for the artist to yell out "How y'all doing tonight" or "are you having a good time"

Otherwise what's the point really? :rolleyes:

Care to elaborate a little more on my comment?

On the Sheryl Crow site there are many fans who praise virtually everything Sheryl does. One of the often talked about subjects on her site is, who would you like to see Sheryl duet with.... and of course Sheryl Crow seems to play with anyone who will have her. Sheryl is very talented and if I was her I would not indulge in all the pop activities that she does.... after all, the fans that soak up that stuff are still going buy the good music also, if she ever gets around to producing anymore of it.

As much as I may like any musician, I'd never say that I will respect anything that particular musician would do, especially in this day rap and hip-hop influence. I don't trust any musician that far.

On the Sheryl Crow site there are many fans who praise virtually everything Sheryl does. One of the often talked about subjects on her site is, who would you like to see Sheryl duet with.... and of course Sheryl Crow seems to play with anyone who will have her. Sheryl is very talented and if I was her I would not indulge in all the pop activities that she does.... after all, the fans that soak up that stuff are still going buy the good music also, if she ever gets around to producing anymore of it.

As much as I may like any musician, I'd never say that I will respect anything that particular musician would do, especially in this day rap and hip-hop influence. I don't trust any musician that far.

Thanks for the reply Gospel Zone.I respect your opinion and for the most part agree with you. I guess for me it is the music of LZ...along with their solo work that over the years have earned my respect.I still think these men musically will keep the integrity of the music...here's to keeping the faith. :peace:

Archived