Roger Daltrey Wants To Form Band With Jimmy Page

Diana-loura

• 4 weeks later...

Daltrey hasn't sung well in years. Bad idea.

Roger Daltrey sang well at some point?

This would be a bad idea all around, Jimmy will do the the right thing & make something with someone work, I very highly doubt it would be with Daltrey. That is laughable in all reality, haha.

Thanks for the reply Gospel Zone.I respect your opinion and for the most part agree with you. I guess for me it is the music of LZ...along with their solo work that over the years have earned my respect.I still think these men musically will keep the integrity of the music...here's to keeping the faith. :peace:

Sheryl is going "Soul" for her new album, last I heard. We'll wait and see what that sounds like (not sure how different this will be from her previous work). Hope she wasn't "encouraged" by her record label, since her last 2 albums didn't sell very well.

R B)

Roger Daltrey sang well at some point?

This would be a bad idea all around, Jimmy will do the the right thing & make something with someone work, I very highly doubt it would be with Daltrey. That is laughable in all reality, haha.

so what other than bashing could u give to us here next time ?

c`mon & be a little constructive next time around and don't diss one of the greatest rock singers ever

when you yourself can't sing any better.. we've had so much Plant bashing in this forum - do we have to go for

Daltrey bashing now ? tzzzzz

Roger Daltrey Wants To Form Band With Jimmy Page

Well, anything to make Robert jealous, I guess.

Anyways, Jimmy has promised Roger that he will not expose his belly button onstage, and that will be good enough for Roger!

post-116-127067766917_thumb.jpg

Sheryl is going "Soul" for her new album, last I heard. We'll wait and see what that sounds like (not sure how different this will be from her previous work). Hope she wasn't "encouraged" by her record label, since her last 2 albums didn't sell very well.

R B)

I hope it's good but I'm skeptical, because she had the album with strings on everything and she was once talking about doing a country album and now this...a soul album. Too many theme albums would be a mistake.

I think the record company was behind Detours, as an attempt to rekindle the success of the first album produced by Bill Bottrell. I think what Sheryl told the press, about how her getting back together with Bottrell came about, was a complete sham to sell the album.

I hope it's good but I'm skeptical, because she had the album with strings on everything and she was once talking about doing a country album and now this...a soul album. Too many theme albums would be a mistake.

I think the record company was behind Detours, as an attempt to rekindle the success of the first album produced by Bill Bottrell. I think what Sheryl told the press, about how her getting back together with Bottrell came about, was a complete sham to sell the album.

You are probably right (re: DeTours,as it did seem contrived).

She just needs to sing/play guitar (stay out of the social commentaries( politicially) and the fans will enjoy the songs. The Dixie Chicks got vocal about politics and look where they are now...

now back to the Jimmy Page/ Daltrey thread... :)

I think JP has just been enjoying playing music (and will do whatever he decides to do: album, live appearances, etc..)

R B)

You are probably right (re: DeTours,as it did seem contrived).

She just needs to sing/play guitar (stay out of the social commentaries( politicially) and the fans will enjoy the songs. The Dixie Chicks got vocal about politics and look where they are now...

I didn't respect the Dixie Chicks until they got into politics. Where has music gone if we no longer protest against unjust wars?

so what other than bashing could u give to us here next time ?

c`mon & be a little constructive next time around and don't diss one of the greatest rock singers ever

when you yourself can't sing any better.. we've had so much Plant bashing in this forum - do we have to go for

Daltrey bashing now ? tzzzzz

At the very least, this Daltrey-bashing, tin-eared nincompoop is on topic. It could be far worse. He could be bashing Sheryl Crow or the Dixie Chicks in a Jimmy Page/Roger Daltrey thread as if anyone in their right mind gives two hoots.

And yeah, you're right, expert, Roger Daltrey never sang well. That's not him on Tommy, Quadrophenia, Who's Next, Live at Leeds. It's some imposter with one of the greatest voices in the history of rock and roll.

Love,

Billy

But why it is that just because he doesn't sing the way he used to, that means his voice isn't as good? That's where my confusion lies when people say that sort of thing.

I think it may all be related to his current inability to actually hit the notes.....

At the very least, this Daltrey-bashing, tin-eared nincompoop is on topic. It could be far worse. He could be bashing Sheryl Crow or the Dixie Chicks in a Jimmy Page/Roger Daltrey thread as if anyone in their right mind gives two hoots.

And yeah, you're right, expert, Roger Daltrey never sang well. That's not him on Tommy, Quadrophenia, Who's Next, Live at Leeds. It's some imposter with one of the greatest voices in the history of rock and roll.

Love,

Billy

It must have been important enough to comment on it, right?

Now, back to the Program already in Progress... (The Jimmy Page and Roger Daltrey thread) :)

R B)

I didn't respect the Dixie Chicks until they got into politics. Where has music gone if we no longer protest against unjust wars?

My respect for the Dixie Chicks has to do first with the their music and there is much more to music than protesting against unjust wars. What if someone sang a song in favor of a just war?

Just playing Devil's Advocate. B)

I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy and Roger on a song with other artists (some other compilation, but not an entire project). If they do, great. If they don't, fine, too.

I do hope we see something this year, though from Mr. Page. :)

R B)

Jimmy Page did play lead on "Bald Headed Woman" (the b-side of "I Can't Explain") and I like it better than the a-side, so it would be great to see Jimmy and Roger rekindled that little blues song.

I guess the story was that Jimmy would not let Pete use his fuzz box, so that's why he played lead.

I saw Roger recently and got to meet and hug and kiss him. He's absolutely as adorable and cute as you'd think he'd be and really nice. So it was a solo concert with another band consisting of Pete's brother on guitar and they were great. Roger did some Who stuff but other stuff too like blues, country, even some Johnny Cash. His voice of course is deeper now but no way has he lost it. I think he'd be great with Jimmy but I KNOW Jimmy waits forever and ever for Robert.

As for Robert, his voice is very different from when he was young BUT I happen to like it better now. I don't really miss all the very high-pitched stuff. I think his voice now is way sexier and his singing is better. I think when he started very young, his voice was exceptional but somewhere inbetween it kinda got a little "worn". NOW, somehow, he's managed to get back a LOT of his former POWER and it's just amazing to me.

IF Jimmy can tour with Roger .....

THEN Robert can tour with Jethro Tull... Ian can give his voice a rest, and Robert can learn the words to songs like "Mother Goose", Skating Away", "Nothing Is Easy", "Aqualung", and "Locomotive Breath".....

Now....Back to Jimmy & Roger :)

Archived