The Assassination Of John Lennon

THE FIRST LEDZEP

Today is also the anniversary of the shooting of Dimebag Darrell, weird how both happened on the same date....kind of creeps me out actually.

Even creepier that they were both murdered the way they were.

The day that Dime died, my brother came in & woke me up. After the shock of it, I realized that it was also the anniversary of John's death. Very weird for me.

The first time I cried when hearing of a celebrity death.

It was very uncomfortable, as I remember it, I was at work and listening to the radio. I just broke down and began sobbing uncontrollably. My older co-workers thought I was a bit odd, but seemed to understand. One lady, feeling sorry for my condition started tearing up and had to open a box of tissues for us both.

I was a long-haired 21 year old warehouse worker that gigged on weekends at the time. The dream of a Beatles reunion was gone and the man who was my inspiration to become a musician dead. I was devastated. :(

John Lennon. Shot............................with a gun........................in America.

Who'd have thought?? :blink:

RIP.

Well, as long as we're talking Beatles, how about Stuart Sutcliffe?

Unfortunate things happen everywhere. 

John Lennon. Shot............................with a gun........................in America.

Who'd have thought?? :blink:

RIP.

He chose America to live in, over England. I guess he felt it was worth the risk.

Nice touch bringing your agenda into a thread mourning the loss of a beloved man.

How rude.

Archived