NHRA Drag Racing

Led Zep Girl

I also like IHRA Drag Racing. Ashley Forces' little sisters race TF Dragsters too.

Courtney Force

Courtney.jpg

Brittany Force

brittany-force-5.jpg

And Mrs. Ashley Force - Hood

ashleyforce.jpg

The Force Family

driving-force.jpg

I am not too big on John Force but he is a great driver. Don't get me wrong. But I like seeing the girls win sometimes. :P

• 11 months later...

I also like IHRA Drag Racing. Ashley Forces' little sisters race TF Dragsters too.

Courtney Force

Courtney.jpg

Brittany Force

brittany-force-5.jpg

And Mrs. Ashley Force - Hood

ashleyforce.jpg

The Force Family

driving-force.jpg

I am not too big on John Force but he is a great driver. Don't get me wrong. But I like seeing the girls win sometimes. :P

That family is a real..............................FORCE in drag racing (PUN INTENTED!!!:):))

What about this beauty?

Last race I went to was here in Washington. It was pretty much a 'drag' because it was intermittent rain off and on all day and they'd have to dry the track out every time and that got real boring real quick. They finally had to complete the race on Monday. <_<

• 1 year later...

It's 2012 and nothing has changed. I haven't watched drag racing on tv in a couple of years. I am finding out that I prefer to actually see the cars & be in physical presence rather than on tv. But, that's just me. I do plan on going to the drags later on this year. When summer rolls around. Also, I have a new project car. I bought my cousin's old '63 Chevy II Nova so I will have loads of fun tinkering with that! Such a good hobby to get into. Thankfully, I do not have to buy a motor for it. My dad already has one lined up for it. I thought I would share a little story. You can read it below.

So I went to town yesterday & unfortunately, we have to take a detour around because our Pensacola, mile long dam is down for a week for inspection. Major BUMMER. So me & my dad went across another bridge & he said, "Tiff, you know, when they had this bridge (the one we were going across) shut down for awhile, I would come down and race my buddies." I replied, "Oh, you did? Did you get in trouble?" "No, the cop warned us that if you guys get killed, That's your problem!" I assume the other bridge was shut down for maybe some inspection as well. He didn't really go into detail & I really never gave it much thought. Until now. But nobody could even travel on that road so it would have been an "alternative" to a drag strip.

In 2011, I got the chance to meet Don "Big Daddy" Garlits at Tulsa Raceway Park in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Now, don't get me wrong, it was a great experience. But, meeting Shirley Muldowney was the ultimate experience. I hope to meet Don "The Snake" Prudomme & Larry Dixon sometime in the future. Also, another great TF driver (he also drives a door slammer) is Scott Palmer. Now I have personally seen him race at Mo-Kan Dragway. He was in his TF dragster and set a new record for that track. Pretty cool. Anyways, I hope to keep this thread going because I have a passion for drag racing & pretty much anything nostalgic. I am just like my dad but a female. Feel free to post any information or pictures about drag racing or hot rods in general. Thanks guys!

^This in an EH Holden. Which sort of looks like a Chevy II. I want my car so badly to sound like this car. Now if I can talk my dad into letting me do this.

Hi all,

Sister,

>I have a new project car. I bought my cousin's old '63 Chevy II Nova so I will have loads of fun tinkering with that! Such a good hobby to get into. Thankfully, I do not have to buy a motor for it. My dad already has one lined up for it.<

Broads! :rolleyes::P

What are you going to drop into it? 350 small block?What????Manifold?Carbs? Transmission?

KB :wave:

Hi all,

Sister,

>I have a new project car. I bought my cousin's old '63 Chevy II Nova so I will have loads of fun tinkering with that! Such a good hobby to get into. Thankfully, I do not have to buy a motor for it. My dad already has one lined up for it.<

Broads! :rolleyes::P

What are you going to drop into it? 350 small block?What????Manifold?Carbs? Transmission?

KB :wave:

Hi!

I am putting a small block in it but I really want a big block. My dad says I can't have more power than him. I think he's silly! I really want it to sound good, so I am going to cam it up for sure! As for the manifold's, & transmission, you'd have to talk to my dad. He's got that all lined out.

EDIT; Punctuation.

• 5 months later...

Went to the 'Super Summer Cruise' in Branson, MO & found this business card on the windshield of a Nomad. I've seen the blue car race & the pink car. But unfortunately, the pink car is history.....

http://www.hillbillyhotrodz.com/

This guy does fabrication work & builds drag cars. Below is the car he used to own & race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NafbxCX5UE&list=PL2F5EF01151137B4A&index=12&feature=plpp_video

This was a '68 Chevy Camaro Door slammer (one of my favorite classes) & he didn't make a good first pass. The second pass was okay but, I think if he would have hooked up better, he would have ran in the mid 5 range but instead, he ran in the mid 6's.

Oh, & he took forever to stage...

This is the car. (click picture to enlarge)

post-14213-0-72445300-1348374302_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

Archived