Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
zepps_apprentice

Living Loving Maid (Shes Just A Woman)

90 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about it?

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • Its Okay

i just dont understand why Jimmy doesnt like this song. its amazing. anyways just curious if you feel the same way about it like Jimmy

Edited by zepps_apprentice

When and where did he said that? Anyway I like it I don't know about everyone else...

I love this song. Out of all my favorite Zepp tunes though it would probably be in the bottom half of my list.

i just dont understand why Jimmy doesnt like this song. its amazing. anyways just curious if you feel the same way about it like Jimmy

"With a Purple umbrella and a 50 cent hat"

I think Robert charged Jimmy a dollar twent five for one once, and it was second or third hand, sloppy seconds was not to Jimmys liking. :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

I think Robert charged Jimmy a dollar twent five for one once, and it was second or third hand, sloppy seconds was not to Jimmys liking. ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Regards, Danny

hahahaha

I always liked the phrase "Mrs. Cool rides out in her aged Cadillac"

Being a "filler" song, it's got a cool riff.

I always liked the phrase "Mrs. Cool rides out in her aged Cadillac"

Being a "filler" song, it's got a cool riff.

its got great singing as well. "Nobody hears a single word you say, but you keep on talkin' till your dyin' day."

Edited by zepps_apprentice

It's easy to be nostalgic, after 40+ years .... but, back in the day, I skipped over LLM every time, and it --never-- made it onto any of the custom tapes I made.

Also, while Zep NEVER performed LLM as "Part II" of "Heartbreaker".... Classic Rock programmers over time, have made LLM a standard play after HB.

Back in the day, Progressive FM stations did not play LLM after HB. But the folks who work at corporate rock radio stations nowadays are clueless about everything, except, for where and when the next beer bash is, yes, they do know about that.

I still wouldn't program LLM into any playlists I would do... but, if someone else played LLM, I would not walk out of the room.

I also have never come across where Jimmy says he doesn't like it. Why include it on Zep 2 if so. Unless, at the time, maybe Atlantic saw it as a potential release as a "single/45" and, giving the bands aversion to singles..maybe Jimmy was playing it down at the time to put them off.

Highly speculative on my part...as I don't know when Jimmy supposedly made this comment. ( but I guess it could have been a "single " )

It's ok. It's not even close to being a favorite or "go to" song but when it comes on I usually listen to it and sing along. It's still the mighty Zep after all.

Edited by BlackDog71

I give it a big fat "meh". It's not bad, it's not good.....it just is. I much prefer Heartbreaker and on the rare instance I hear it on the radio, I'll switch the station before LLM starts.

"When your conscience hits, you knock it back with pills."

I love that line!

Love the song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by imPLANTed

I think Robert charged Jimmy a dollar twent five for one once, and it was second or third hand, sloppy seconds was not to Jimmys liking. :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

I still hear "purple operator and a 50 cent head" :lol: (that makes no sense at all, but I never questioned it! :lol: )

I like it it's very catchy the riff is catchy and cool i think this song is better than Lemon Song don't kill me tho lol