Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Hotplant

Tom Petty

New album...MOJO.... and a new tour.

:hurrah::party:

Check out the new single posted on his site: Good Enough.

I'm so excited, I've been searching all morning for presales and the venue I'm willing to travel to. No Red Rocks yet. TWO shows at The Gorge! None here yet. So I'm not taking chances...I'm going no matter. He always say's :smileyquote: "This is the last tour." :smileyquote:

Not! :yay:

Tom Petty

I'm so excited, I've been searching all morning for presales and the venue I'm willing to travel to. No Red Rocks yet. TWO shows at The Gorge! None here yet. So I'm not taking chances...I'm going no matter. He always say's :smileyquote: "This is the last tour." :smileyquote:

I can testify that Tom Petty and his band are a great show. I saw them ages ago... 1981 and 1982 if memory serves, and they were still trying to make a name for themselves. They delivered two great shows. I then saw them in 1986 w/ Bob Dylan and was impressed w/ how good they were supporting Dylan as well as on their own.

Should you see them you will no doubt witness a great live band and you'll have a very enjoyable evening.

Tom Petty

Thanks for starting a new thread. Wasn't sure if I should. I plan to see him both times in Boston.

I have to say, blues ain't his thang. I have yet to be impressed with what I've heard with Mojo, though I love the name. Not hit material, IMHO.

I've been a fan since 1980, so, I get to be critical, right? ;) DON'T SHOOT!

Hope you get to a show! Are they the best, er, second best, live band, or what??

Not hit material, indeed! And that's the point. Tom's been making radio music for 30 years, and now with Mojo he is finally letting his hair down. That's what he said himself! This first track totally blows my mind and I suspect the album will as well. This is a real rock n roll record, none of that pop-rock stuff he's done before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this will go anywhere near besting Petty's 30 years of jaw-dropping good hits, or that it'll even topple Mudcrutch. What I'm saying is that I have been waiting for Tom to do this for years. I always knew he had it in him, and whatever the result, it is a glorious occasion to witness, and I feel priveleged.

Just heard that Buddy Guy is opening shows in NYC and Philadelphia. Didn't he just do that commercial with Eric Clapton?

How lucky for the Heartbreaker fans who get to see these shows!!

Bonzo, I hope you get to go!

:) Happy for you who have decided to go.

I've been going mad since they announced the tour. BUT, happy to say I've decided on a Cali venue. Having to travel is a bitch to me, but at least I can go to the beach while I'm there. And after watching some old videos of him and The Heartbreakers, I vowed I HAD to go come hell or high water.

:cheer:

Yeah, ya'all in NC gotta go....they were great when I saw them in Charlotte. I only wish CS&N were opening for the show I'm going to...or yeah! Buddy Guy!! LUCKY!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm jazzed. Prices could be a tad lower though... <_< ...When Money Becomes King <_<

Just heard that Buddy Guy is opening shows in NYC and Philadelphia. Didn't he just do that commercial with Eric Clapton?

How lucky for the Heartbreaker fans who get to see these shows!!

Bonzo, I hope you get to go!

It'd be nice, there are a bunch of Classic Rock band's on the road that Id love to see but, time's are hard right now and ticket's are not cheep!

• 4 weeks later...

He and his band are coming to Winnipeg, here in the Great White North. The man and I have been talking about going to see the show, Petty's a fav around here. Tix are probably pretty dear - Simon & Garfunckel tix are +$200 !!!!! I've heard that a few hours south in Fargo or Grand Forks ND, the tix are half the price!!!

I have an inordinate number of draws in a local radio station's raffle for Petty tix and goodies - **wish me luck**

Although, the last time I was looking forward to seeing a great show by one of my all time fav's, Steven Tyler took a swan dive off a stage in Sturgis and they cancled the show here in Winnipeg.sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Hope Petty has better luck getting up here to see me!!biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived