Coverdale/Page Special Edition on the horizon?

Wolfman

Coverdale/Page - Special Edition On The Horizon?

In 1993, Whitesnake vocalist David Coverdale and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page joined forces under the moniker Coverdale/Page and released a self-titled album.

Although there are no plans for the pair to record any new material or reunite for any shows, Coverdale reveals that "EMI have recently been making overtures to me about putting a 'special edition' together after they heard there were several unreleased tracks... but, time & resource is the problem...

We've been archiving lots of tapes, cassettes & videos at home recently & we have discovered a ton of the demos Jimmy & I made which could be very interesting for some people to hear...

We also filmed a lot of our writing & recording sessions... so, I feel we could put a terrific 'special' together that would be a treat to have... but, in reality, JP & I have never discussed re-issuing, or making another CP album... There is always the possibility of something happening... I just can't see it in the forseeable future as I am busy with 'all things Whitesnake'...

Personally, I am thrilled I had the opportunity to work with one of my musical heroes... & to maintain a healthy, loving friendship with him...

At times, I feel some people don't understand that Whitesnake is my passion... I don't really look beyond what is possible outside... It's a very broad canvas for me to paint on... no boundaries... no restrictions... Oh... & I'm my own boss... Not too shabby..."

Personally, I'd love to see one of their live shows released.

The little two and a half minute clip that was on YouTube, titled - Coverdale/Page Working was very cool. David had been going over Don't Leave Me This Way, which he wrote, and Page was feeling his way around it. Sitting in his living room with no mics and no effects and Coverdale's voice was still amazing.

Having a bunch of that type of thing released would be great, though I wonder if Jimmy would object at all? It would, in essence, lift the curtain on the man's work and how he goes about getting ideas out. To me, that would be hugely interesting.

A professionally shot DVD of a live show, preferably the one from 22 December 1993, w/ the CD and left over tracks and a DVD of them working songs out would be a wonderful release, though it sounds like it would require a ton of work. It would almost be its own box set...

Here's the video... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZCl5u3qexY

• 4 weeks later...

The live shows from Japan were good...Jimmy just needs to work with somebody. Anybody...

Well there seems to be plenty of people who would like to work with Jimmy, so hopefully someone

comes along and "motivates" him into a studio.

Archived