Abandoned Stations

Conneyfogle

If you are interested in this topic you may be interested in this series available on dvd from the History Channel site:

Cities of the Underworld on The History Channel

Don Wildman Explores Buried Secrets in Creepy Tunnels of London

Oct 25, 2008 Christine Nyholm

Cities of the Underworld, returns for its third season on The History Channel on October 26, 2008. Host, Don Wildman, who has spent a lifetime crawling in and out of tight spaces, explores life and history underground. The season premiere is City of Blood, which explores the dark tunnels of London, England.

Suite 101 reviewed an advance copy of the City of Blood Episode. Wildman and his camera crew kept up a fast pace as Wildman presented the secret tunnels and underground of London. The moving camera followed the host, as he explored the history of the tunnels and artifacts that remained. In the City of Blood episode, topics included secret societies, witchcraft, druids, human sacrifice, chalk miners, superstition, persecution, catacombs, body snatchers and murder.

London Ghost Stories

London is an ancient city with a violent and bloody past. Hundreds of ghost stories lurk in the shadows of this British city. Behind every myth and legend is the terrifying truth that sheds light on the darkest era of London's history. During Victorian times, London was a place of violent crimes, extreme poverty and lawlessness. Londoners banded together into survive, possibly turning to secret societies and occult rituals.

Underground Mines

People, such as miners, worked in a series of underground tunnels, as far back as Roman times. Wildman explored the tight, scary spaces in dangerous underground territory. Ancient miners would have been scared and may have turned to witchcraft for protection in the belly of Mother Earth.

Catacombs and Tombs

Catacombs under the city acted as storage units for dead bodies. In the 18th century, people believed that the body needed to be intact to get to heaven. Body snatchers made 20 times the average working man's wage by selling dead bodies for medical research. The catacombs were designed to protect the mortal remains. Wildman referred to the high creep-o-meter factor when entering the tunnels, still filled with coffins.

Cities of the Underworld on The History Channel

Don Wildman Explores Buried Secrets in Creepy Tunnels of London

Oct 25, 2008 Christine Nyholm

Cities of the Underworld, returns for its third season on The History Channel on October 26, 2008. Host, Don Wildman, who has spent a lifetime crawling in and out of tight spaces, explores life and history underground. The season premiere is City of Blood, which explores the dark tunnels of London, England.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Z6T_yMbDuKM

I wonder if Zeppelin ever went to any secret clubs?

You know what? I was just on you tube about a few weeks ago and I was curious about abandoned drive-in movie theaters. Then that led to another abandoned place. I also checked out abandoned mental hospitals, walk-in movie theaters and like old McDonald's. That stuff is spooky. Oh yeah and abandoned malls and grocery stores. Nothing is as creepy as feeling empty. This thread is a coincidence for me. :blink:

Archived