Today In Led Zeppelin History

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, Deborah J said:

January 20th

1975 - Led Zeppelin - Chicago,IL/Chicago Stadium

January 21 in Led Zeppelin History

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RXGjPlCsfg

SOUTHAMPTON GAUMONT THEATRE, SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND (SUNDAY, 8pm)
Robert Plant took the drums occasionally during this soundcheck. The soundboard tape from the actual show may exist and very likely it is in the hands of group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V1BrXlAB64

CHICAGO STADIUM, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS (TUESDAY, 8pm)
The setlist have been changed at the last minute just after as Page strained his finger what caused he wasn't able to play some parts. Oh Jimmy! :(

Concert was filmed on amateur equipment. Fragments were used on "Whole Lotta Love" promo video in 1997.

led_zeppelin_sketch_by_laceyandthelevee-

Edited by apantherfrommd

January 22 in Led Zeppelin History

1971 *Possibly January 22*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74gl71PUufw

HEADLEY GRANGE STUDIOS, HAMPSHIRE, ENGLAND

Possibly this comes from between December 1970 and January 1971 Headley Grange Studios, Hampshire, England or February 1971 Island Studios, London, England sessions but not confirmed. It is whispered that these outtakes were found in trash.

https://youtu.be/GGl5braYt94

GARDEN COURT, WEST REFECTORY, SOUTHAMPTON UNIVERSITY, SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND (MONDAY, 8pm)

Date added to the original itinerary. The whole show was recorded professionally and initially was thought as a part of How The West Was Won album but abandoned later in procees of mixing, mainly because of fact the overall level of performance wasn't enough satisfying.

The show finds the Zeppelin in a smaller venue on a small, carpeted stage. This seems to lend itself to the type of performance given that night - very relaxed, very loose, very cool. Sloppiness abounds, even on well-rehearsed long-time standards, and occasionally yields interesting differences. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp was dropped out from the set for the second time during this tour. Of particular and special note is an off-hand performance of How Many More Times, which had been retired just over two years prior. You can hear the band play off of each other as they all take turns guiding the music's direction. Plant's voice is shot for most of the performance, typical for the time period.

Page experiences sloppiness syndrome on occasion and keeps most of his solos a bit subdued. Bonham also seems to withhold some of the flair - extra fills and subtle nuances - for most of the show. Jones, however, other than a meandering introduction to Thank You, lays down his bass lines as excellently as ever.

1975-01-22%2BBack.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlkD1QhXKf4

CHICAGO STADIUM, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS (WEDNESDAY)
The setlist have been changed at the last minute just after as Page strained his finger what caused he wasn't able to play some parts.

From the opener of Rock And Roll through to In My Time Of Dying the band keep great pace and both Plant's vocals and Page's playing make noticeable improvement as the set moves along. But notice how clean Page's solos at this show are during songs like Sick Again and Over The Hills And Far Away. Compare this to the solos that he would be playing in March and May with so many of those erratic bends and rushed cues. Makes one wonder if having that injured finger forced him to concentrate more intently on what he was doing, in turn giving his solos a more precise effect. A great example of this is Page's performance in No Quarter, which also features great interaction from Jones and Bonham. On a funnier note, Plant dedicates Trampled Underfoot to Chuck Berry, who he mistakingly thinks was from Chicago. The version is excellent, with Page inserting a unique country/rockabilly riff into his solo, and Plant's vocals again holding up wonderfully. He even throws in a few extra "Push!"s after the song finishes. Perhaps the biggest draws in the show are the performances of The Wanton Song and the short-lived 1975 rendition of How Many More Times, both of which would soon be dropped from the set. Keeping with the quality of the gig, perhaps it's no surprise that these two renditions are the best versions of the tour.

party_in_led_zeppelin_style_by_doofensta

Thank you.

January 23 in Led Zeppelin History

boston-jan69a.jpg

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/news/24982-jimmy-page-after-the-yardbirds/

https://youtu.be/2QFbtEBymuc

JANUARY 23 - BOSTON TEA PARTY, BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS (THURSDAY, 2 SHOWS)
Support from The Raven. MC Charie The Masterblaster Daniels introduced both acts. The show is married by guitar problems.

The band sounds really strong and Robert's voice is in its most primitive and powerful stage. Dazed And Confused is a very powerful and excting version.

The band stopped after The Train Kept A Rollin' because Jimmy Page had troubles with his guitar.

"It's great to be in Boston. According to Jimmy it's one of the best places he's even played! I think, right now, in the shops there's an album called Led Zeppelin. I don't know whether it's out here yet. Is it out? You see, in one place it comes out one day and another place three weeks later. On this album we've tried to do a cross section of everything we've got into and we've included some blues because that's where it all comes from!" said Plant while Jimmy was preparing a guitar string.

happy_birthday_jimmy_page_by_rivka_nikol

8 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

It was interesting being at the Wheaton Center on the 20th, and as I was there, I'm trying to view Led Zeppelin there. I read that they played there, so I posted for anyone to answer if there was proof.

According to an article published in 2003 in the Washington Post, this was an unadvertised gig they performed for $250.00. However, when I asked Richard Cole (the band's tour manager) about it he said he does not recall this show but the band never played in the USA for such a small amount. A forum search on "Wheaton" will probably reveal previous discussions here.

6 hours ago, Deborah J said:

Steve, thank you but you should know me. I am not after any prize. I am just so over the rudeness and lack of respect  that always comes from a few. I am growing weary of this coming my way. Plus, there are many other threads here:-) 

Oh, I do know you so I'd never suggest you are externally motivated, just reminding you there are no prizes here (meaning it isn't worth the emotion). I hope affected parties will now take it to PM to sort out amongst themselves so we can get back to Today In Led Zeppelin History. 

:drumz:

3/11/2009 at 8:01 AM, SteveAJones said:

FWIW:

An email from journalist Richard Harrington concerning the Wheaton Date:

Sources include my long term memory jarred by frequent references over the

years among long-time DC music folk. Barry Richards, DJ here from early

'60s on (now in Florida I believe) was the promoter of the show, which was

apparently a last minute, unadvertised show at Wheaton Youth Center, site

of frequent rock shows by local and national acts (usually at the start of

their careers--this was a concrete box!).

Supposedly Zep played for about 45 minutes. Barry has said he has a picture

of him, Page and Plant standing in front of the building during load-in (that

information is also referenced in a book called "Capitol Rock"). For this piece,

I talked to Eddie Kalika, Warner Bros. promo man at the time (the Atlantic rep,

Johnny Lamm, has long disappeared) and he remembered the date, and suggested

Lamm probably didn't even go.

A few years back when Richard Cole was promoting "Stairway to Heaven"

on Baltimore radio, he told the dj that the cheapest and shortest gig Led

Zep ever worked was for $250 at a gymnasium south of Baltimore on their

first US tour (Wheaton, Maryland is waay south of Baltimore, but for

someone who doesn't know the area such a mix up would be understandable).

The dj was befuddled and said something like "I guess that wasn't

Merriweather Post" and Cole responded by saying something like "no, there

was no advertising, no one showed up, it was in the middle of nowhere, and

we played for twenty minutes."

I've been told some Zep Web sites reference the 1-20-69 date as "Baltimore" or "unknown."

When I talked to Page, he didn't remember it specifically, but did not rule it out.

Hope that's helpful...

January 25th

Led+Zeppelin+1969.jpgzep_ec3413-img600x450-1422691130aldgxi26

1969 - Led Zeppelin - Boston,MA/Boston Tea Party

An excellent and wild show in front of a rather dull and unresponsive crowd. Robert's voice is simply perfect and the band is so on! The improvisations in Dazed And Confused, As Long As I Have You, and a very long How Many More Times are truly outstanding and the whole show is a great 1969 Led Zeppelin energetic, loud, powerful, raw, and wonderful document.

https://youtu.be/MSIxcCKaNbs?list=PLSOzPqPaK62eivMXeQJ_NMGMk2_bT5K1b

1973 - Led Zeppelin - Aberdeen, Scotland/Aberdeen Music Hall

A very good show in the face of rowdy Scottish audience. Good versions of Dazed And Confused and Heartbreaker, with some great guitar work on Black Dog, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, The Song Remains The Same and Stairway To Heaven. Also Plant's vocals are solid throughout.

https://youtu.be/2O0Cd0nHxe4

1975 - Led Zeppelin - Indianapolis,IN/Market Square Arena

A good instrumental show, although Robert's voice is terrible ... low and raspy, he barely hits the notes octaves below their original pitch and his attempts at infusing it with soul are lackluster at best. Jimmy manages quite well with a broken finger although some passages are rough. The rhythm section is unstoppable as always. A mediocre show although the rare Wanton Song makes it a nice document of early 1975.

GetTheLedOut_OpeningSpread.jpg

January 25th - Pre/Post Led Zeppelin

1967 - Jimmy Page - The Yardbirds - Adelaide,Australia/Centennial Hall

1994 - Robert Plant - South America Tour - Caracas, Venezuela/Universidad Metropolitana

https://youtu.be/O3Bs7Cx98qU

1995 - Page & Plant - London, England/The Depot Studios - (American Music Awards)

1996 - Page & Plant - Unledded Tour - Buenos Aires, Argentina/Estadio Ricardo Etcheverry

2010 - John Paul Jones - Them Crooked Vultures - Brisbane, Australia/Brisbane River Stage

2011 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Boston,MA/House Of Blues

2014 - John Paul Jones - Baja Sur,Mexico/Todos Santos Music Festival - with Drivin N Cryin - benefit for Palapa Society

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:31 AM, apantherfrommd said:

Thank you for both of your posts, Jonesy. That's what I remember as well was the $250. I'm almost sure that I read this in Cole's Stairway To Heaven Uncensored, the mention of Wheaton. That place is so dag on small. I'm not sure what an unadvertised tiny gig could do for the band, except perhaps word of mouth.

I've heard speculation Grant may have done it as a favor for a promoter he had worked with during The Yardbirds era but no confirmation.

I too believe it is mentioned in Cole's book, and my previous post suggest he affirmed it during a radio interview, however when I asked him about it a couple of years ago he had no recollection of it and dismissed the idea they would ever perform in the US for such a small amount.

47 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I've heard speculation Grant may have done it as a favor for a promoter he had worked with during The Yardbirds era but no confirmation.

I too believe it is mentioned in Cole's book, and my previous post suggest he affirmed it during a radio interview, however when I asked him about it a couple of years ago he had no recollection of it and dismissed the idea they would ever perform in the US for such a small amount.

I do not want to make troubles for me or anyone else on this fine forum, but I know for a fact that this low attendance and especially low paying gig for Led Zeppelin was not  mentioned in Richard Cole's book because I just finished reading said book about a month ago and this was not in any of the pages that I read. 

Whether this gig actually occurred or not, I do not know.  What I do know is that this gig is mentioned in another book about Led Zeppelin and that book happens to be Led Zeppelin:  The Concert Files.  Page 35. 

The short entry reads as such: 

Monday January 20 1969

Wheaton, Maryland

Wheaton Youth Centre

On this date the band played for around 100 people for a fee of $250

This is a verbatim text of what the book shows (the bold face type is mine).  No commas between dates and no period at the end of the last sentence. 

I may have certain people on this fine forum that do not like or care for me very much about some of the things I have posted in the past (and I am cool with that), but when it comes to Led Zeppelin, I know MY SHIT!!!

6 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I do not want to make troubles for me or anyone else on this fine forum, but I know for a fact that this low attendance and especially low paying gig for Led Zeppelin was not  mentioned in Richard Cole's book because I just finished reading said book about a month ago and this was not in any of the pages that I read. 

Whether this gig actually occurred or not, I do not know.  What I do know is that this gig is mentioned in another book about Led Zeppelin and that book happens to be Led Zeppelin:  The Concert Files.  Page 35. 

The short entry reads as such: 

Monday January 20 1969

Wheaton, Maryland

Wheaton Youth Centre

On this date the band played for around 100 people for a fee of $250

This is a verbatim text of what the book shows (the bold face type is mine).  No commas between dates and no period at the end of the last sentence. 

I may have certain people on this fine forum that do not like or care for me very much about some of the things I have posted in the past (and I am cool with that), but when it comes to Led Zeppelin, I know MY SHIT!!!

Excellent post! I surely stand corrected. I was about positive it was in there, just a little statement about it. I haven't read Richard Cole's book in years. Loved his style of writing. It left me laughing out loud sometimes.

But don't worry about people not caring for some of the things you've posted King. Haters will hate, and always find something to criticize you about. It's on topic and you do know what you're talking about. You're contributing as am I. Being there the other day, 45 years after the rumored show, is what prompted me to post here.

I'm hoping to get back up to the Wheaton Youth/Rec center, and would like to ask about, but I doubt I'd find anyone working there that worked there 45 years ago. :( How do you check on something like that, or who would you ask many years after?

13 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

I'm hoping to get back up to the Wheaton Youth/Rec center, and would like to ask about, but I doubt I'd find anyone working there that worked there 45 years ago. :( How do you check on something like that, or who would you ask many years after?

If I lived closer, I'd go there and do some on-location research.  

First, there would have to be records of the operation of the center somewhere, physical records probably in some dusty cellar.  If the building was not left open and unattended 24/7, someone had to open and close up, someone had to keep records of when that happened.  Someone worked there - be it janitor or secretary or the director of the center - who might still be around and would recall the event or would know where the records are for the events that week, that month, that year.  If not someone who worked there then, then a spouse, a child, or someone who works there now who'd know where to look.

There would have been phone calls, electric bills associated with the event.  Local newspapers might have mentioned it, or the center itself might have had its own newsletter or bulletin that was mailed out to supporters or to the media.  Local families could be interviewed.  Local librarians and historical societies are treasure troves of information. 

All the documents would be analog, not digital, and would be time consuming, but there would be results that way.  There are many avenues to investigate, but it means being in the area and putting in the time and effort.  Send me the $ for time and expenses and I'll do it!

On 1/26/2016 at 6:02 PM, kingzoso said:

Fair enough, but Cole allegedly did refer to this gig during a promotional radio interview for his book as mentioned previously. Unfortunately I have been unable to obtain a recording of that radio broadcast.

This from Midnight Toker (a friend of mine in Annapolis) on April 15, 2011:

A few years ago I attempted to contact the radio personality that supposedly did the last minute promotion for the gig. He was no longer alive, but i did contact the guy that was his on air news man at the time and he confidently confirmed that it did in fact take place. He did'nt attend, but remembered hearing reports first hand... of mainly rowdy bikers having attended ...and most complained that the music was not the "son of the Yardbirds" blues they were expecting ...and the band cut the gig short, packing up after playing for about a 1/2 hr... while Zep's staff yelled back and forth w/ the bikers up and to the point they drove off. 

IIRC, Cole even mentions a last minute booking in a small place near Baltimore that went terribly wrong and they split after just a short set.

My response to him the following day:

I'm a moderator for The Richard Cole Appreciation Society group on Facebook and he recently fielded questions from the membership. This topic of discussion came up and when I mentioned they allegedly performed for $250 (according to an article in the May 25, 2003 Washington Post) he said the band never played for such a paltry fee. However, he neither confirmed nor denied the gig having happened at all.

First, thanks to all of you for your support and kind PM's. We have such a wonderful place here:-) Back on topic:-) 

January 21st

1967 - Jimmy Page - The Yardbirds - Sydney,Australia/Sydney Stadium

1968 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Wolverhampton,West Midlands,England/The Ship & Rainbow

1969 - Led Zeppelin - Pittsburgh,PA/Hunt Armory

1973 - Led Zeppelin - Southampton,England/Southampton Gaumont Theatre

1975 - Led Zeppelin - Chicago,IL/Chicago Stadium

2011 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Ann Arbor,MI/Hill Auditorium

January 22nd

1968 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Dudley,West Midlands,England/Broadway Club, Dudley Zoo

1973 - Led Zeppelin - Southampton,England/Southampton University,West Refactory,Garden Court

1975 - Led Zeppelin - Chicago,IL/Chicago Staium

1984 - Robert Plant - Sydney,Australia/Sydney Entertainment Center

1994 - Robert Plant - Rio de Janeiro,Brazil/Apoteose Square 

2010 - John Paul Jones - Them Crooked Vultures - West Melbourne, Victoria, Australia/ Melbourne Festival Hall

2011 - Robert Plant-Band Of Joy - Toronto,Ontario, Canada/Sony Centre For The Performing Arts

January 23rd

1967 - Jimmy Page - The Yardbirds-Sydney, Australia/Sydney Stadium

1988 - Robert Plant - Now and Zen Tour - Leicester,East Midlands,England/University of Leicester

1996 - Page & Plant - Unledded Tour/Vina del Mar,Chile/Estadio Sausalito

2008 - Jimmy Page - Burbank,CA/Warner Brothers Studio - with Jack White & The Edge to record the summit- It Might Get Loud

2010 - John Paul Jones - Them Crooked Vultures-West Melbourne, Victoria, Australia/Melbourne Festival Hall

2011 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Toronto,Ontario,Canada/Sony Centre For The Performing Arts

2016 - John Paul Jones - Baja Sur,Mexico/Public Square -Todos Santos Music Festival with Drive-By Truckers and others

January 24th

1970 - Led Zeppelin - Leeds,West Yorkshire,England/University of Leeds,The Refactory

1975 - Led Zeppelin - Richfield,OH/Richfield Coliseum

1984 - Robert Plant - Melbourne,Australia/Sports & Leisure Centre

January 25th

1973 - Led Zeppelin - Aberdeen,Scotland/Aberdeen Music Hall

1975 - Led Zeppelin - Indianapolis,IN/Market Square Arena

1994 - Robert Plant - South America Tour - Caracas, Venezuela/Universidad Metropolitana

1995 - Page & Plant - London, England/The Depot Studios - (American Music Awards)- JPJ was in Los Angeles to accept the award for International Artist Award for Led Zeppelin 

1996 - Page & Plant - Unledded Tour - Buenos Aires, Argentina/Estadio Ricardo Etcheverry

2010 - John Paul Jones - Them Crooked Vultures - Brisbane, Australia/Brisbane River Stage

2011 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Boston,MA/House Of Blues

2014 - John Paul Jones - Baja Sur,Mexico/Todos Santos Music Festival - with Drivin N Cryin - benefit for Palapa Society

January 26th

1967 - Jimmy Page - The Yardbirds - Melbourne, Australia/Melbourne Festival Hall

1968 - Robert Plant & John Bonham - Band Of Joy - Covent Garden,London, England/Middle Earth

1968 - Jimmy Page - The Yardbirds - Birmingham,West Midlands,England/Bingley Hall -All Night Rave

1984 - Robert Plant - Principle Of Moments Tour - Auckland,New Zealand/Mt. Smart Stadium

2010 - John Paul Jones - Them Crooked Vultures - Sydney Australia/Hordern Pavilion

2011 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Upper Darby,PA/Tower Theater

January 27th

1967 - Jimmy Page - The Yardbirds - Melbourne, Australia/Melbourne Festival Hall

1973 - Led Zeppelin - Dundee, Scotland/Caird Hall

1996 - Page & Plant - Unledded Tour - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil/Apoteose Square - Hollywood Rock Festival 

2002 - John Paul Jones - Salford,Manchester, England/Lyric Theatre, The Lowry- Guitars Against Landmines for the Mines Advisory Group

2007 - John Paul Jones - London, England/The Spitz- with Uncle Earl

2010 - John Paul Jones - Them Crooked Vultures - Sydney, Australia/Hordern Pavilion

Edited by Deborah J

^ Thanks, you people Rock!! :-)

January 28th

1967 - Jimmy Page -The Yardbirds - Brisbane, Australia/Brisbane Festival Hall

1968 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Tamworth, Straffordshire,England/Foseco Sports and Social Club
1973 - Led Zeppelin - Edinburgh, Scotland/King's Theatre
1984 - Robert Plant - Priciple of Moments Tour - Perth, Australia/Entertainment Centre
1994 - Robert Plant - Mexico City, Mexico/Auditorio Nacional
2011 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - Mashantucket,CT/Foxwoods Resort Casino,MGM Grande Theatre

January 29th

1975 - Led Zeppelin - Greensboro,NC/Greensboro Coliseum

1988 - Robert Plant - Now And Zen Tour - Southampton,England/University of Southampton,West Refactory,Garden Court - unconfirmed*

1994 - Robert Plant - Mexico City, Mexico/Auditorio Nacional

2010 - John Paul Jones -Them Crooked Vultures- Wellington, New Zealand/TSB Bank Arena

2011 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - New York, NY/Beacon Theater

12 hours ago, Deborah J said:

January 29th

1988 - Robert Plant - Now And Zen Tour - Southampton,England/University of Southampton,West Refactory,Garden Court - unconfirmed*

This one should read:

1988 - Robert Plant - Now And Zen Tour - Southampton, England / University of Southampton, Old Refactory (Student Union Building) 

This was one of a few warm-up dates Robert did with his new band on UK college campuses prior to the release of Now And Zen. During an interview with Chris Tetley around this time (later released on vinyl) Robert explains he basically wanted to get across to a younger demographic, and with these dates college kids in particular.

27 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

This one should read:

1988 - Robert Plant - Now And Zen Tour - Southampton, England / University of Southampton, Old Refactory (Student Union Building) 

This was one of a few warm-up dates Robert did with his new band on UK college campuses prior to the release of Now And Zen. During an interview with Chris Tetley around this time (later released on vinyl) Robert explains he basically wanted to get across to a younger demographic, and with these dates college kids in particular.

234d1341238007-question-all-great_post.j

I knew it! Thanks for the post, Jonesy. Plant was shrewd and made sure to get it right.

If you could please re-check on the Cole entry again, I sure would appreciate it. I've never said this before but "Trust Me". It's in there. I've got a photographic memory.  I can still remember in the White Snake video, Tawny... exactly the moment... and the nip... Anyway, trust me. It's in there. ;) 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, lif said:

If I lived closer, I'd go there and do some on-location research.  

First, there would have to be records of the operation of the center somewhere, physical records probably in some dusty cellar.  If the building was not left open and unattended 24/7, someone had to open and close up, someone had to keep records of when that happened.  Someone worked there - be it janitor or secretary or the director of the center - who might still be around and would recall the event or would know where the records are for the events that week, that month, that year.  If not someone who worked there then, then a spouse, a child, or someone who works there now who'd know where to look.

There would have been phone calls, electric bills associated with the event.  Local newspapers might have mentioned it, or the center itself might have had its own newsletter or bulletin that was mailed out to supporters or to the media.  Local families could be interviewed.  Local librarians and historical societies are treasure troves of information. 

All the documents would be analog, not digital, and would be time consuming, but there would be results that way.  There are many avenues to investigate, but it means being in the area and putting in the time and effort.  Send me the $ for time and expenses and I'll do it!

How's it going, "lif". Not digital. We're talking microfiche, aren't we? I'll talk to you soon about unexplored avenues. 

^^Steve, thanks for the correction. I have made the changes to my notes for the 1/29/88 date for Robert:-)

January 30th
1966 - Robert Plant - Tennessee Teens - Wolverhampton,West Midlands,England/Blue Flame Club
1967 - Jimmy Page - The Yardbirds - Christchurch,New Zealand/Theatre Royal
1973 - Led Zeppelin - Preston,Lancashire,England/Preston Guildhall, Grand Hall
1988 - Robert Plant - Now And Zen Tour - Colchester,England/University of Essex,Student Union Dance Hall
2010 - John Paul Jones - Them Crooked Vultures - Auckland,New Zealand/Vector Arena
2011 - Robert Plant - Band Of Joy -New York , NY/Beacon Theatre

2013 - Jason Bonham - JBLZE - London,Ontario,Canada/Centennial Hall

1 hour ago, Deborah J said:

January 30th
1988 - Robert Plant - Now And Zen Tour - Colchester, England/University of Essex, Student Union Dance Hall
2013 - Jason Bonham - JBLZE - London,Ontario,Canada/Centennial Hall

I have a recording of the Colchester show, during which Robert remarks from the stage he can see the little red light of bootlegger's tape deck. Unsure if that was strictly true or a nod to the fact his return to performing Led Zeppelin songs in concert was sure to generate excitement once the general public became aware of it. I'll send it to you.

JBLZE? Well, sure why not although it's a bit like including Zak Starkey in a Beatles chronology. Personally, I do keep a chronology of Jason's public performances and appearances, so I should send that along as well. On this date in 1990 he did play the Syria Mosque in Pittsburgh with his hot new band at the time, appropriately called Bonham.

8 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

How's it going, "lif". Not digital. We're talking microfiche, aren't we? I'll talk to you soon about unexplored avenues. 

It's not going, since I can't afford to take the time or money to do the research.  We're talking physically being there, yes, using microfiche when lucky and old paper documents when we're not.  Plus lots and lots of interviews.  

53 minutes ago, lif said:

It's not going, since I can't afford to take the time or money to do the research.  We're talking physically being there, yes, using microfiche when lucky and old paper documents when we're not.  Plus lots and lots of interviews.  

Given a feature length film by a local director proved inconclusive I'm thinking belief in this gig will remain a leap of faith. The director presumably exhausted all the conventional means of research. We need a ticket stub or a photograph to surface.