Led Zeppelin III

Exterm

HEY! Wtf am I the only one that thinks Led Zeppelin III was their best album? I mean acoustic guitar sounds great and the sounds are great! Plus Jimmy's solos are great like in "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp". The media said a bunch of shit about that album... I need to find people that love that album! Just so I can restore my faith in HUMAN kind!

HEY! Wtf am I the only one that thinks Led Zeppelin III was their best album? I mean acoustic guitar sounds great and the sounds are great! Plus Jimmy's solos are great like in "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp". The media said a bunch of shit about that album... I need to find people that love that album! Just so I can restore my faith in HUMAN kind!

Hello Exterm!

I really don't have a favorite album as I love them all. I have posted my opinion on how the media treated Led Zeppelin in the beginning...you can find this on other threads. I love this album/cd as I do all of them. I truly cannot find one song that they did that I do not love and appreciate.

This album was so different in so many ways than I and II, but a magnificent piece of beatiful ballads. Hope your faith is restored :D

Consider your faith restored! The mighty third album... what a powerful opener in Immigrant Song... leading right into that slightly odd sounding yet addictive acoustic guitar in Friends and then that cool guitar in Celebration Day! The first three tracks are powerful and yet loose. Since I've Been Loving You slows things down a bit and explores the bands continued fascination w/ the blues. Out On The Tiles is, in my opinion, one of the great underrated Zeppelin songs. It's fun, loose, groovin' and a great summer time song.

The whole second side is wonderful, showing that the band could play acoustically and yet retain all of their mystique and power. Hats Off To {Roy} Harper is another Zeppelin gem w/ Jimmy and Robert leaning heavily on the Delta blues of Robert Johnson and Blind Willie Johnson.

III is a great album. The thing that causes this album to be lost in the shuffle w/ so many fans is that it followed II and preceded IV - Zoso - Runes - Untitled. It still stands on its own and remains a wonderful guilty pleasure for my ears.

Welcome to the board Exterm!!!

Hey it's my favourite Zep album too and infact my favourite album in general!!! It's the first Zep album I got and I still love it the most!!!

I love the acoustic ballads and also acoustic numbers Hat's of to (Roy) Harper and Bron-y-aur stomp, which are not really ballads, but powerful rockers, despite being acoustic!!

My favourite is Since I've been loving you and it's also my favourite Zep song!!The way it builds and the powerfull vocals and Robert's range and amazing drums, keyboards and Jimmy's solo!! All great!!!

It's a very melodic album, especially the ballads, but Out on the Tiles, Celebration day, Friends and even Immigrant song are also very melodic with strong choruses and Celebration day is one of the first Zep songs with many overdubbed guitars!!!

A fantastic album!! My favourite!!!

Led Zepplin 3,or as its known in my house,the 'Welsh' album,is probably my favourite as well.For me,it really shows what the band were and a lot of the styles of music that influenced the band are in evidence on it.Rock and roll,blues,folk,the album really has the lot and it plays as a beautiful whole.I think generally that it is pretty underrated in the Zeppelin canon,but it doesn't deserve to be.

As far as the greatness goes, Led Zep III does meet my criteria for being a "great" album. That said I think all of their albums are great. If a band today could come up with a full album as solid as III would make them the greatest band in the last 20 years IMO.

Like other people have mentioned here the problem is that III gets overshadowed by IV (or whatever you want to call it). All of the "music critics" consider IV to be their best album. Thus pushing all the others to the back burner.

It's unfortunate, but that's the way it goes.

I don't care for Zep III, really. I think their best work was done after Zep IV...basically starting with Physical Graffiti. That's not saying the stuff they did before that was shit, just that I think they got better as they went along.

All of the albums were so unique. IV is the greatest pure heavy rock album ever created IMO. III was a fabulous album and was very underated, as it was so differant than I, II, IV and Houses of the Holy. The acoustic work on it is just fabulous. That's the Way, Bronyaur Stomp. And then songs like Celebration Day. I actually knew these young guys that got into III first and I was kind of shocked as IV or II are USUALLY the albums that reel you in and get you hooked for life on Zeppelin. Whole Lotta Love and Stairway to Heaven and Black Dog as the big ones. I remember III ss one of the best album covers of all time. The pin wheel, you just had to have the album. The CD did it no justice. I love III and rate it higher than many would.

I don't care for Zep III, really. I think their best work was done after Zep IV...basically starting with Physical Graffiti. That's not saying the stuff they did before that was shit, just that I think they got better as they went along.

Opinions are like "ARSEHOLES", everyone seems to have one, this one needs her butt wiped dont you think? :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

I can't say the III is my favorite or that any other album would be my favorite as I like them all and one could find favorable things to say about any one of their albums.

BTW, welcome to the forum Exterm.

Opinions are like "ARSEHOLES", everyone seems to have one, this one needs her butt wiped dont you think? :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

Exactly what about my opinion, which was phrased completely non-offensively, inspired you to be degrading and disgusting in your response?

Oh right, nothing.

Exactly what about my opinion, which was phrased completely non-offensively, inspired you to be degrading and disgusting in your response?

Oh right, nothing.

Hi 'Electrophile'

Maybe you should take a look at the way you post your comments, then you might see just why you provoke some people, especially me, in to saying what they/I do in reply.

My reply was meant to be more of a "Joke" than to "Degrade" or "Disgust" you, and I'm sorry you took offence as it wasn't meant to be personal.

Regards, Danny

PS, Please don't answer for me in the future as some might find it "Offensive" "Disgusting" or "Degrading" to do so, and I'm not Joking, or am I?

PPS, Anyway when did it stop you from posting inappropriate words or phrases to anyone? you have called me a "Racist" more than once, and your use of the English Language can be as colourful as anyone else's, why do you think you should be treated differently from anyone else on this forum? its not like you are a "Little Princess" is it? You get back what you give out in this world you know?

PPPS, Just to clarify, i am truly sorry for any offence i have caused you.

• 1 month later...

For me, "Physical Graffiti" was the best attempt by LZ to really cover the entire arc of their career, trying to sum it up at that point - the fact that so many older songs fit in so well attests to this idea - so it's no wonder that someone might think it's their best effort.

This effort compares to Shakespeare, as he also did this in his later works like "The Winters Tale," where so many of the ideas that he had come up with in the past were incorporated, reborn as it were, in a way that encapsulated as best he could what the sum of his efforts were at that point.

In mathematics, think of it as the integral, the sum of the area under the curve to that point.

I agree with Dr. Death - it got somewhat forgotten because preceded and followed by purely epic albums...personnally, III isn't my favorite album, but it does include my all-time favorite song, Since I've Been Loving You, as well as another one of my favs, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp. And anyway, every single one of their albums was simply amazing! :D

• 2 months later...

Archived