Betty White to host 'Saturday Night Live'

Levee

The Associated Press

Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:47 PM EST

Email Print Share FILE - In this Nov. 29, 2009 file photo, actress — The Internet has gotten its way: Betty White will host "Saturday Night Live."

NBC said Thursday that the 88-year-old actress will host the show May 8. "SNL" executive producer Lorne Michaels says he can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day weekend than with White.

The announcement followed a campaign on Facebook urging the sketch show to make White a host. The group attracted nearly half-a-million supporters.

White, whose starring roles include "The Golden Girls," was given a lifetime achievement award at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in January.

The Associated Press

Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:47 PM EST

Email Print Share FILE - In this Nov. 29, 2009 file photo, actress — The Internet has gotten its way: Betty White will host "Saturday Night Live."

NBC said Thursday that the 88-year-old actress will host the show May 8. "SNL" executive producer Lorne Michaels says he can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day weekend than with White.

The announcement followed a campaign on Facebook urging the sketch show to make White a host. The group attracted nearly half-a-million supporters.

White, whose starring roles include "The Golden Girls," was given a lifetime achievement award at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in January.

who is the music guest, Mitch Miller? :D

Hi:

I'll be watching the show .....let's hope this trend will continue!!! I'd also like to see Andy Griffith, Ryan O'Neal, Suzanne Somers, Candice Bergen(again), Leonard Nimoy, etc etc host this show...Let's here it for veteran performers..I'll use that term instead of older actors!!!

I hope ROBERT PLANT is the musical guest!!!

Juliet :cheer::cheer::cheer:

• 1 month later...

I saw a promo about the show tonight...I didn't get my wish ...Robert is not the musical guest....Jay-Z is..

I'm not sure if I'll watch it...I might be out as there's stuff going on in town that I would like to see...

I hope Betty is treated with respect and not as a gimmick...

Juliet

She was on the radio station I listen to promoting an animal adopting day today in LA and they talked about her being on SNL. She was actually a little nervous about hosting but expected to have a great time.

At her age how could anybody not treat her with respect. Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to watch the show. Not sure I care to watch the musical guest.

Outstanding!

The best show in years, but NBC has had plenty of time to get ready for tonight, even at the expense of shows in the last few weeks.

Betty rocked!

Even got to mutter the f-word.

Was really great to see so many of the old cast and skits.

Amy, Anna, Molly, Rachael, Maya, and Tina.

Missing.

Will, Cheri and Chris.

I even enjoyed Jay-Z.

Outstanding, NBC!

Betty White is a fucking funny lady. She's just awesome. Great sense of humor, and very sharp even for being 88. This might be the first SNL episode I've watched in about 15 years.

She is a funny lady alright . Might be my first in that long as well smile.gif

She was great. I only hope I am in as good of shape at 88 as she is. I did manage to stay up and watch. All by myself, everyone else went to bed. As expected, I really did not enjoy Jay Z.

I hardly watch SNL unless there is someone worth watching for. Watched it awhile back when TCV was on as musical guest.

^ maybe it'll turn up on youtube, Juliet. I tried the NBC link for full episodes, alas those outside of the U.S. do not have access to the videos.

My two favourite skits were the muffin one and the Hispanic talk show one. Can't remember when I laughed that much at an SNL skit. Jay-Z's second performance was really good, too.

Archived