Anyone else from Vancouver here?

marmorek

I lived there from 1994-2007 (including Burnaby). Worked in Oakridge Mall, and later at the VPL for eight years - that's where I wrote the Jimmy Page bio. We left because of affordability, crowding, and other issues, but from where I am in Northern Ontario, Vancouver's looking viable again. If only we could afford a house there. If only anyone could.

To return or not? Advice? Is there still time to change the road I'm on?

It's never too late to return. Hopefully the housing market will cool down eventually, but there are always a few good deals to be found if you look hard enough. I suggest looking in the East Side, because many neighbourhoods there are improving a lot.

Sorry I'm not from Vancouver. But I did get a chance to visit this past February. My buddy goes to UBC, so he gave us (me and my gf) a fantastic 4 day tour of the city, including a day trip up to Whistler.

What a wonderful city!

Right On Ally, anyone disses Ally and they dis me right? mad.gif

Oh and by the way Ally, can you get me any cheap "Van Cover" over there in "Vancover" mate? wink.gif

Kind Regards, Danny

He's a good lad Danny ! Just taking the piss wink.gif

Hi all,

Ally runs the town and province,yes, no surprise.Not in an official sense of course.But you want things done,he is the man!

I was not payed for this announcement,facts being facts,...

KB

Well, I did mention to Marmorek once before that he needed to get some fake ID

Who ya gonna call ? godfather.gifbiggrin.gif

Archived