Best live version of ALS?

Lunacy

June 23rd 1977!!!!! Ignore Page and Plant, just check Bonzo's rolls and JPJ's thunder!! F'ing AWESOME!!!!! Now I need to go listen to it. That always happens when I read this part of the forum!!

My fav is the Live in Seattle '77

That version is really a bit of a train wreck. Check out the other numerous versions mentioned in this thread, I think you'll never listen to Seattle again.

I was just reading the comments of that particular video. My god, 'Truthaxe' must have a lot of time to comment so much on a video of a guitarist and band he loathes.

June 30 1980, Knebworth from DVD, and the best performance of which no video and an audience audio recording is the second night of the Victoria Theater shows 1979...everyone is on fire through the whole show especially Jimmy...the dexterity is back along with riffing improv stuff from the good old days!!!

You have to sorta feel sorry for Page, Jones and Bonham Jr...even though the 'vote' or whatever to do ALS was likely three against one, there's no way they would have shouted Plant down and said, "Sorry, majority rules!"...face it, the 02 show was done totally on Robert's terms. Else it wouldn't have happened at all, probably. Kinda sad, actually. The rest of the band were really not in a position to assert themselves against Robert, who unfortunately seems to forget sometimes that Led Zeppelin made him.

I could not agree with you more. Your brutal honest statement is felt by many. Thanks mate !

Archived