sound limits

I hope on Monday night that the health and safety people dont make Led Zeppelin stick to a certain sound decibal limit, they are renouned as the loudest rock and roll band in the world. I want to come out of the O2 Arena with that ringing in my ears that you used to get in the good old days after a concert that lasted for two or three days..... :yay:

You'll damn sure know by the speaker array assembled inside the O2.

Or, by the lack of it.... <_<

Sadly, concerts I have been to recently, sitting in the balcony, have sounded about as loud as I might play in my home.

The Hallmark of the Zeppelin concerts in the 70's, were, even if you couldn't sit on the floor in the first 20-40 rows.... you still heard the show, even in the fucking rafters....

We'll see... :rolleyes:

I want to come out of the O2 Arena with that ringing in my ears that you used to get in the good old days after a concert that lasted for two or three days..... :yay:

Take it from me, Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, or countless others. You don't want that. Sometimes the ringing never stops.

Take it from me, Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, or countless others. You don't want that. Sometimes the ringing never stops.

Seriously.... any concert that I had seats for, that were on the floor, or near the BIG Speakers....I put tissue in my ears, and adjusted it there, to compensate for the extra loudness. I suggest you do the same. I did not do that at first, and yes, my ears rang for days..... But.... that was only for 2 concerts.....For all other concerts.... I use the tissue, and no ringing of the ears for days.... It was nice experience, but once having had it....there is simply no need to keep having it....

You want your hearing to last as long as possible.....Don't You ??

Bottom Line..... For the Rock Bands... TURN IT UP... To FILL the Hall... and let the concert goers adjust with whatever they want to use..... B)

We will be wearing er20's they reduce the db by 20 and reduce harmful frequencys without spoiling sound quality, if you love music love them ole ears :o)

All the best

Andy

That's really good advice.

If you are a music lover the last thing you want is damaged hearing.

You'll damn sure know by the speaker array assembled inside the O2.

Or, by the lack of it.... <_<

Sadly, concerts I have been to recently, sitting in the balcony, have sounded about as loud as I might play in my home.

The Hallmark of the Zeppelin concerts in the 70's, were, even if you couldn't sit on the floor in the first 20-40 rows.... you still heard the show, even in the fucking rafters....

We'll see... :rolleyes:

It's your age.

Your going deaf mate :lol:

My son went too the FOO FIGHTERS concert @ the 02 Arena and he said it was deafening.... B)

i was there too and it was louder and clearer than i expected given the new Decibel Police rules.

cant wait for tonight - there wont be a comparison - this is Led Zeppelin the Sons of Thunder are back!

THIS VENUE SHOULD BE PERFECT FOR AS LOUD AS YOU WANT TO PLAY ACCOUSTICALLY SPEAKING........IF THEY DO GO ON TOUR ....NO ARENAS PLEASE. EXECEPT MSG,NYC

Yeah I agree, if they tour it should be like the UK 'return to the clubs' tour....small venues to ensure the smallest amount of people possible see them.

As much as I love Zep and other bands, the number of concerts I have been to over the years has taken its tole on my hearing - I will be wearing ear protection tonight. You still hear everything and the clarity is improved due to the fact that you are not drowned by reflected echos from walls, floors, ceilings etc - I wish I had discovered protection years ago ... even back to Zep at Knebworth!

See you all tonight.

Seriously.... any concert that I had seats for, that were on the floor, or near the BIG Speakers....I put tissue in my ears, and adjusted it there, to compensate for the extra loudness. I suggest you do the same. I did not do that at first, and yes, my ears rang for days..... But.... that was only for 2 concerts.....For all other concerts.... I use the tissue, and no ringing of the ears for days.... It was nice experience, but once having had it....there is simply no need to keep having it....

You want your hearing to last as long as possible.....Don't You ??

Bottom Line..... For the Rock Bands... TURN IT UP... To FILL the Hall... and let the concert goers adjust with whatever they want to use..... B)

Archived