Jason Bonham with black Country

I just saw a video on Youtube of Jason Bonham performing with his new band Black Country.

This is his 2nd super group of sorts. . whatcha think. .

Zep

OMG Jason. He's doing it. He sounds like that guy..CAn't take my eyes off im.. never played better. JASON JASON JASON (lighter/cellphone up)

OMG Jason. He's doing it. He sounds like that guy..CAn't take my eyes off im.. never played better. JASON JASON JASON (lighter/cellphone up)

Excellent line up but that performance was lukewarm at best... I hope the record is better than that... just seems like since the success of TCV everyone is trying to put together a super group... I like to hear leaders not followers and from that performance they are following the rest of the pack and not leading... IMHO! I think Jason is great he just seems to play in mediocre bands (Led Zeppelin excluded of course)...

• 1 month later...

IDK the date of this article:

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/rock-news/hughes-supergroup-close-to-implosion/ezfk29j5/

<<The highly-anticipate supergroup album recorded by Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian may never see release after opposing management teams fallen out over profit splits, producer Kevin Shirley reveals.

The band were to be called Black Country but had to change their plans after an outfit with the same name objected. They've not revealed their new name, but stars including Steve Harris of Iron Maiden and Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers have heard the album and say it's incredible.

Shirley himself has heaped praise on the tracks while working on them – but now he fears that if a "salvage operation" fails, the album will never be released.

And while he blames managers for much of the difficulties, the only band member he says is above reproach is guitarist Bonamassa.

The producer says: "Black Country looks to have imploded – with the complete album in the can. We set out as friends and lovers of music to make something special. Then the managers got involved and kept changing their wants, ultimately demanding everything.

"I can't absolve all the musicians – but one I can completely absolve is the one who actually has a career and has just been voted Best Guitarist in the World. He was one hundred percent open all the way, and he doesn't ride on anyone's coat-tails."

The band has over a century of rock credentials between them, featuring former members of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple (Hughes), Led Zeppelin and UFO (Bonham), Dream Theater, Alice Cooper and Kiss (Sherinian) alongside solo star Bonamassa.

Expectations of the album, pencilled in for a September release, were raised higher still after the band performed two tracks – One Last Soul and Mistreated – live during a Bonamassa show last month.

Shirley continues: "I believe there is a salvage operation. I've just had a big conversation with Glenn, who is mortified about the situation as he really put his heart and soul into it.

"Here's the plan: everyone is equal. It's that easy. Cut out the cancer that is greed and this thing will rock.

"Morality rules – managers try to. I am mad too."

Nightwatcher, whose House of Rock broke the story, observes: "So there you have it – possibly yet another collaboration between talented musicians which may never see the light of day due to putting commerce over art.

"It's a cancer which has led to the bland, soulless offerings which fill the airwaves and charts of today.

"There's an old saying which goes, 'Greedy, greedy makes a hungry dog.' There will be some very hungry pooches soon – unfortunately it may be the fans who suffer."

Shirley is about to commence work on a new Journey album, which guitarist Neal Schon recently said would depart from their MOR traditions. The producer has also recently completed Iron Maiden's new album, The Final Frontier, due out later this year.>>

Ups! It seems that this is already covered in the "News" section <_<

IDK the date of this article:

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/rock-news/hughes-supergroup-close-to-implosion/ezfk29j5/

<<The highly-anticipate supergroup album recorded by Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian may never see release after opposing management teams fallen out over profit splits, producer Kevin Shirley reveals.

The producer says: "Black Country looks to have imploded – with the complete album in the can. We set out as friends and lovers of music to make something special. Then the managers got involved and kept changing their wants, ultimately demanding everything.

I have a strong feeling that it was shit like this that turned Page off when attempting to find a singer to join him JPJ & Bonham's project. In fact, I remember reading where Page actually said just exactly that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived