Finally started a band!

DMachine

Well, after about 25 years of non-drumming last week I was finally behind a kit yelling "one, two, three, fourrrr ..." and it was great!

The good part was that I played much better than I expected!

The bad part was that the singer was terrible, and he chose these songs for our first meeting;

Basket Case, Green Day

Knockin'... and Cry, GnR

Paint it Black, Stones

Highway to Hell, AC/DC

We ended up excluding Stones and AC/DC.

The guys were all young about 25 - 27 and had no problem playing with me, matter of fact they thought I was good, and not just for a guy my age.

We had a few Hendrix moments and Pink Floyd pauses and I made it clear we gotta get some Zepp stuff in, but he future isn't certain with the singer, although he said he had a cold ....

Well, it started, I'm happy, and wanted to share!

Well, after about 25 years of non-drumming last week I was finally behind a kit yelling "one, two, three, fourrrr ..." and it was great!

The bad part was that the singer was terrible, and he chose these songs for our first meeting;

Basket Case, Green Day

Knockin'... and Cry, GnR

Paint it Black, Stones

Highway to Hell, AC/DC

The guys were all young about 25 - 27 and had no problem playing with me, matter of fact they thought I was good, and not just for a guy my age.

We had a few Hendrix moments and Pink Floyd pauses and I made it clear we gotta get some Zepp stuff in, but he future isn't certain with the singer, although he said he had a cold ....

Congrats on the band..keep us updated on the vocals:-)

Your Profile:My first song was also "I Cant Quit You Babe"....I was 9..and have never looked back since :D

Basket Case, Green Day

Knockin'... and Cry, GnR

Paint it Black, Stones

Highway to Hell, AC/DC

I'm in the same boat as you, for the most part I've not played since the mid 1990's and now I've got back into playing. Started this act about a year ago and now have 2 + hours of tunes on the ready.

I'm not on drum's any more as I'm a solo acoustic act playing a few bare-bones show's, it is more that I was doing in the old day's. Back then we played at summer time out-door privet parties and a few rare local bar gig's.

Best part of doing solo is I can play my own song's if I wish, having to do all the work is a drawback!

Welcome back to the wonderful world of being in a band dude!!!

• 3 weeks later...

*Sigh*

Well, I guess patience must be every musician's virtue!

The singer is still not making any significant progress, but he's trying and I appreciate that. I get along much better with the lead guitar and we often get into blues and some nice jams, so we're sort of keeping an eye on each other, if things don't go too well with this band, it's always good to have a backup plan I guess!

So, don't expect any videos for a while!!!!

• 2 months later...

Updates and some pics, for any interested soul :D

The singer is taking lessons which has helped him out very much. We're limiting our music to Doors and Pink Floyd for now, and will insert All Of My Love or Thank You. we also have a stable bass player and keyboard, so our practice sessions are just starting to give results!

I think you can spot me ... ;)

sp6170005.jpg

sp6170010.jpg

tiz4.jpg

Archived