Live Aid or Atlantic Records

Trashbag

Live Aid or Atlantic Records  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which reunion was "better"?

• Live Aid
    • Atlantic Records

got married the same day as live aid, 20 min. away. (i coulda shot myself) anyway we got to a tv in time to see zep, i was smashed, so i thought they was pretty good, for a weeks rehersal. the atlantic show disapointed me. just didn't seem the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say Atlantic, I remember watcing on tv and cringing ..thinking god is this the band I love :blink:. I remember Kashmir sounding bad !!

As bad as Live Aid was I thought it was a better performance from my memory, although it could be that Live Aid at Wembley that day was amazing, and going into the small hours waiting to see Page Plant and Jones (they didn't bill themselves as Zep did they ?) over wherever it was very exciting...but God Plant did look a plonker in his 80's jump suit or blue shirt !! ...oooh that was the bad bit :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A lot of people still debate these concerts and say they suck but I disagree. Could you do better? Both the LiveAid and Atlantic gigs were done without much rehearsal, totally out of sync with their Bonzo days, and both had Jimmy rum-ripped to the hill with jetlag hangover. So they all did the best they could with Phil Collins (gag) at LiveAid and a serious bout of jetlag at the Atlantic gig. Give them a break.

• 3 years later...

Live Aid was just miserable all around with the exception of one thing: we were witnessing something we NEVER thought we'd see again so even though musically (& fashion wise) it was atrocious it provided hope for better things to come.

The 40th was at best lame. Page was mostly terrible, JPJ's keyboards lost in the mix, Jason at that point was not much of a drummer, the overall sound being terrible in general. There were a few highlights, I thought Whole Lotta Love was good, particularly with the Knebworth riff thrown in, and Roberts voice was in good condition & JJ's brief bass playing was as great as usual so... Atlantic wins for myself, but not by much.

Both show's were horrible. Plain and simple

agreed, but for my two cents....phil collins gets far too much blame for the live aid shambles. hate to say it but robert and jimmy used him as a scapegoat soon afterwards..........and that was wrong......IMHO.

Well thank god we have the O2 to reflect on for the good of reunion talk- which showed what they could accomplish with the appropriate conditioning and preparation. I have mixed views on the Live-Aid vs. Atlantic. I think both were good and bad for different reasons. I thought Plant was better at Atlantic, yet Page was just a hair better at Live-Aid (if you think of Atlantic's Heartbreaker). I thought Kashmir was really good (although the keyboards didn't come through the tube well) I don't really agree 100% that Phil Collins was such the fuck up, he was blamed to be. I really didn't see the point in two drummers either, but for what it was at that moment in time, it was exciting to watch-just not anything you'd wanna turn a newbie on to first hand or revisit yourself on a rainy day.

Archived