Robert Plant & The Band of Joy To Tour USA

sam_webmaster

Hi folks

'justawoman', thank you for your feelings on Robert's new show. I was wondering if I should go, but now i don't think so. I heard some of the new stuff and i don't like it. So maybe these shows are better than the Alisin Krauss shows, but not very much. And i thought Raising Sand stuff was real lame too . But you should never be scared to tell it how you see it, and thank you for that. And why would he want to play bad versions of Zepp songs? WHY?

BillyMac: I don't like you, you sound real nasty. About 16 are you? Douche-bag :P

New Robert Plant Single On Air Tonight

'Angel Dance', the first single from Robert Plant's brand new studio album Band Of Joy, will be given its first airing on the Planet Rock UK station tonight. The song is the album opener from the new record and will be given it's first spin on the station in Nicky's show after 6pm.

Band Of Joy is released on 13 September and is the follow up to 2007's Alison Krauss collaboration album, Raising Sand.

robertplant.com/news/new-robert-plant-single-on-air-tonight/

Thanks, Sam. :yourock:

Hi Deborah J :D

BM, The ranter ---> :offtopic::thumbdown:

R B)

If you loved that one, you'll be over the moon for the rest. The Low songs and Townes van Zandt tune are the highlights.

Love,

Billy

Billy, I have been in awe of Roberts voice since I was 9. That voice...all I can say is I am so glad that he is still out there sharing it with us. :thumbsup:

Hi reids!!! :D

Hi folks

'justawoman', thank you for your feelings on Robert's new show. I was wondering if I should go, but now i don't think so. I heard some of the new stuff and i don't like it. So maybe these shows are better than the Alisin Krauss shows, but not very much. And i thought Raising Sand stuff was real lame too . But you should never be scared to tell it how you see it, and thank you for that. And why would he want to play bad versions of Zepp songs? WHY?

BillyMac: I don't like you, you sound real nasty. About 16 are you? Douche-bag :P

Yes, by all means, perpetuate falsehoods to your heart's content. So long as it's all about your feelings, it's ok.

It's Alison, genius. And I'm all broken up that you don't like me. So one less Christmas card this year? Bummers.

Angel Dance is one track I'd remove from the album. It's a great song, but I don't think it suits Robert's voice these days, and the arrangement isn't all that different from the original.

Love,

Billy

Billy, your opinion and thoughts are noted. Let's just agree to disagree...music is supposed to bring us together. Like I said I am just glad that magnificent set of lungs is still being shared. :yay:

Ah, are you moderating the thread?

Hi BillyMacq

Gee, thank's for correcting me, I know it's Alison, it was a typo (the I is next to the O on my keyboard).

Love

Toni

No problem. btw - it's thanks, not thank's. And you're asking if I'm 16? Come on! Get it together.

Has anyone on the board made a "mix tape" of all the original songs being covered by Band of Joy?

Love,

Billy

Not sure what you mean?? I was responding to you respectfully.

You're making me feel threatened and unsafe.

Btw - nice to see that Robert's once again fulfilling a long time dream by closing a show with bits of a A Very Cellular Song (We Bid You Goodnight) by The Incredible String Band. Go on, my son!

You may recall Robert performing this track at a charity gig in the UK a few months back.

Love,

Billy

No problem. btw - it's thanks, not thank's. And you're asking if I'm 16? Come on! Get it together.

Has anyone on the board made a "mix tape" of all the original songs being covered by Band of Joy?

Love,

Billy

OMG! What is up with you? Get over yourself already! You've insulted almost every person who has posted here lately. What is your problem?

Oh, and, save me the commentary on the spelling or grammatical errors.

I think we need a 'BillyMacQ Free' Zone.

OMG! What is up with you? Get over yourself already! You've insulted almost every person who has posted here lately. What is your problem?

Oh, and, save me the commentary on the spelling or grammatical errors.

I think we need a 'BillyMacQ Free' Zone.

He's not insulted me yet!!

reworked Zeppelin songs just doesn't work for me at all....those songs...you are playing them in original versions or you don't playing them at all....

Wow, so when you realized that Tangerine was recorded with an electric solo by Jimmy, but performed in the early 70s on acoustic, did you throw a fit about that, too?

Did you get mad about Zeppelin stretching Dazed and Confused to 30 minutes when the original version is only 6 minutes long?

It must be nice to make the rules. I've got a Neil Young tape in which someone shouts 'Old Man!' Neil says, 'What are you, my boss?'

It must be nice to make the rules. I've got a Neil Young tape in which someone shouts 'Old Man!' Neil says, 'What are you, my boss?'

Technically the concert goers are paying the performers out of their pockets. :whistling:

Just sayin'

Wow, so when you realized that Tangerine was recorded with an electric solo by Jimmy, but performed in the early 70s on acoustic, did you throw a fit about that, too?

Did you get mad about Zeppelin stretching Dazed and Confused to 30 minutes when the original version is only 6 minutes long?

Performing "Tangerine" on acoustic or electric didn't change song a lot.....song was performed the same way like on record, they did not change key, tempo...they didn't make ska or hard rock version.....

Zeppelin played "Dazed and Confused" the same way like on record, they just added "San Francisco" and Jimmy added long solo/improvisation....that is just live jam, if you remove all live improvisation, song is very similar to studio record....

and YES, we are bosses of all performers.....they should appreciate their fans and because they are performing for us....we are paying tickets and buying records....why we wouldn't sometimes ask for some song?....they don't have to play song we asked for but we don't need that kind of shit Neil Young said to his fan....fan who could have all his 30+ records and maybe seen him live 20 times....why he can't ask for one song?..

Billy will you chill out. Lay off of Justawoman. She gave her opinion on how she felt the concert went and it should be respected and I know for a fact she loves Robert's new stuff. Why are so many people so "touchy." Everyone is entitled to their opinions especially if they were actually there LIVE at the concert. When I go see Robert, I am going to give my honest feelings and review and opinion on the concert and I expect people to listen to what I have to say and not jump all over me. We ARE all adults here right??

Also, Robert seems to be doing a LOT of Led Zep music at these shows, more than any of his previous solo concerts. Okay, the arrangements are different but hey, I'm still getting the same feelings. I'd rather hear Robert do Led Zep stuff reworked than some impostor pretending to be him. I read also that Robert is back to hitting some impressive higher notes. MAYBE this all could lead to what everyone has been hoping for and then we'll all be on here crying and complaining because we can't even come close to the tickets.

Billy will you chill out. Lay off of Justawoman. She gave her opinion on how she felt the concert went and it should be respected and I know for a fact she loves Robert's new stuff. Why are so many people so "touchy." Everyone is entitled to their opinions especially if they were actually there LIVE at the concert. When I go see Robert, I am going to give my honest feelings and review and opinion on the concert and I expect people to listen to what I have to say and not jump all over me. We ARE all adults here right??

Also, Robert seems to be doing a LOT of Led Zep music at these shows, more than any of his previous solo concerts. Okay, the arrangements are different but hey, I'm still getting the same feelings. I'd rather hear Robert do Led Zep stuff reworked than some impostor pretending to be him. I read also that Robert is back to hitting some impressive higher notes. MAYBE this all could lead to what everyone has been hoping for and then we'll all be on here crying and complaining because we can't even come close to the tickets.

Why should I be respectful towards someone who was flat out wrong? I'm not talking about her "feelings." I commented on what she stated as facts, which turned out to be WRONG. It wasn't a short show. Robert wasn't noticeably less interactive with the audience than he was at other shows. I don't care if someone says they don't like this song, they thought the sound was bad, the venue was awful - all that subjective stuff is fine with me. Just get your facts straight before you start complaining.

Seems? I know not seems, madam. He's doing 7 Zep songs out of 22. That's less than a third. That's not mostly Zep songs by any stretch. Again, I can't help if you people can't separate perception from reality. That's not my issue - it's yours. But I will call you on it when the whining starts.

Love,

Billy

"YOU PEOPLE! hey, what do you mean YOU PEOPLE!!" lolll. Billy, I MEANT that Robert is doing MORE Zep songs on this tour than he did on his more recent tours like Raising Sand, etc. No? Correct me if I'm wrong and I know you will.

And everyone I think goes into his shows expecting something specific and special in their minds to take place. Maybe playing for three or more hours (hey I want that) or Robert being funnier or more interactive with the audience (not saying that he's NOT) and yeah, if you're really lucky and up close, maybe his making eye contact with you. We all expect certain STUFF to happen. Have you seen him yet? Trust me, you'll expect certain stuff to happen and will have specific feelings about how it all went at the end. Can't wait for YOUR review.

Anyway, I LOVE Monkey, do you???

Also, does Paul Rogers(sp??) really wear a WIG????? LOLLLLLLLL.

Love, Avacado

The cheek! How much abuse am I supposed to take? You're all ganging up on me. Administrator! Boo-hoo-hoo....

Yes, Monkey is excellent. Just not all that different from the original. Have a look/listen and report back - there's a video of Low's version posted to YouTube.

One other thing - for anyone concerned about this being Raising Sand part II in terms of Robert sharing songs with Patty and her taking the lead on some as was the case with Alison, fear not. Robert is the main voice in the Band of Joy.

Love,

Billy

Archived