Robert Plant & The Band of Joy To Tour USA

sam_webmaster

They will probably add Nashville (Ryman Auditorium), Atlanta (Chastain Ampitheatre) and a few more dates in the southeast (like Durham/Raleigh or Asheville (Orange Peel)for the Fall Leg (2nd Leg). We'll have to wait and see.

R B)

I hope so...I got to see Robert and Alison at the Ryman. Nashville is doing a lot of remodeling lately

When it comes to being a Robert Plant fan...I've learn that it is good to be patient ;)

Link to the Orpheum

http://www.orpheum-memphis.com/index.cfm?section=comattrac&page=all&ma

The Orpheum is supposed to be haunted...I bet Mary and the other ghosts are going to be very happy maybe Robert Plant should mention them just in case lol :D

Then why are you posting in this thread? Do you really think the world wants to know how you feel about Robert's tour? What a waste of bandwidth.

Love,

Billy

I just had to touch on this for a second...I care what others think because I figure that's why we have discussions and message boards. While I might not agree every time I do enjoy reading what others think, feel or believe even if sometimes it gets off topic but it does seem to always have a link to the topic and what others think is seldom a waste. I do this neat thing of just skipping over things that don't really interest me--which is normally rare :slapface:

Paul McCartney I've heard is another performer who refuses to make contact with the fans in any way.

Oh no, whoever told you that was waaay off. McCartney is very chatty and charming in concert, he totally engages the audience.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled topic...

reids, since we missed each other at TCV, if they announce Atlanta dates, let's all get together! Yesterday just bought a ticket to see Jeff Beck June 11th at Chastain...can't wait:-)

Will do, Deborah J (would be great to meet you). :)

R B)

Oh no, whoever told you that was waaay off. McCartney is very chatty and charming in concert, he totally engages the audience.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled topic...

Sir Paul was very nice and we talked for almost an hour back in May of 1993 (when he and Linda were needing directions as their limo driver was lost on their way to the Adams-Mark hotal in Columbia, SC). I was driving home around 12:15am or so the morning of their show and their limo was at the light to my left. The window went down and I recognized Sir Paul (smiling) and Linda (asleep) in the back.

He asked me if I was going to the concert the next day at Williams-Brice Stadium (Off The Ground Tour). I said yes (would be 11th row center) and he thanked me for my help.

That evening at the concert, after the 3rd song of the night, he said thank you to me for my southern hospitality, which made my day. My friends and some people around me were surprised. It was a very cool night to say the least. :D

Now, back to the Robert Plant Tour thread (already in progress)... ;)

R B)

"First Leg" means that there will be a second group of concerts in other cities after a break. "More dates in the fall" means that there will be more dates in the fall. HIghly doubful he'd play in any international destination outside of his homeland of Great Britain. He hasn't been to South American and Japan since '95 or '98, and I doubt those are the markets for contry/bluegrass music for an obscure band. Cameroon is also doubtful.

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. Especially the "more dates in the fall" confusion. I had no idea what that meant and have been sitting here scratching my head for hours, hoping some kind and wise soul would chime in with an explanation. And no Cameroon? Why not? What does Robert Plant have against Africa and Africans? I had no idea there was a bias there. I'm told there's a HUGE audience/market in Cameroon, Ghana, Madagascar, Somalia, and Uganda for obscure country/bluegrass bands like Robert Plant and The Band of Joy.

And circling back to the highly relevant Beck/Clapton/Macca onstage banter, do you think Robert's reluctance to bring his new band to Africa has something to do with all the different dialects he'd have to learn in order to address the crowds?

Btw - Robert Plant is from Great Britain? I had no idea. Again! Wow, I'm learning all kinds of valuable new stuff today! Thanks so much.

Love,

Billy

Sir Paul was very nice and we talked for almost an hour back in May of 1993 (when he and Linda were needing directions as their limo driver was lost on their way to the Adams-Mark hotal in Columbia, SC). I was driving home around 12:15am or so the morning of their show and their limo was at the light to my left. The window went down and I recognized Sir Paul (smiling) and Linda (asleep) in the back.

He asked me if I was going to the concert the next day at Williams-Brice Stadium (Off The Ground Tour). I said yes (would be 11th row center) and he thanked me for my help.

That evening at the concert, after the 3rd song of the night, he said thank you to me for my southern hospitality, which made my day. My friends and some people around me were surprised. It was a very cool night to say the least. :D

Now, back to the Robert Plant Tour thread (already in progress)... ;)

R B)

Wow!!! :)

Did you read on Robert's Newswire that Justin Adams was talking about Robert and hinted that he and Robert may be doing a show in October? He said though that with Robert you never really know for sure until the last minute. So Robert is also thinking about working with Justin again which would be more of the Strange Sensation Middle Eastern bluesy stuff? VERY interesting. I would LOVE to see another one of those concerts. Probably if Robert does do it, it will take place in the UK or Morocco. Still kinda exciting. I'm also thinking that since Robert is calling the present group The Band of Joy, the music may be more bluesy like the original band?

Looks like the best thing to do is sign up to Ticketmaster or the Robert Plant site and get updates. I did think it was wild that people could get tickets so fast and congrats to those who did.

I'm going to try to make the Memphis show--unless a Nashville show is added. It's been a long time since I've been to the Orpheum and I bet the ghosts will be happy.

It kind of looks like the tour hot spots are backwards from what he normally does...in the past he seemed to hit many of those places listed last lol

Bless the Southern belles ;)

Hi Memphis! :D

I'm hoping for a Nashville or Atlanta show too! Can't make the Memphis one.

And yes indeed Bless the Southern Belles ;)

*prays silently that there's a Toronto date added*

But if not, I'm just so thrilled he's touring again!!

if i can fly to toronto to see U2 (several times).......you can fly to Boston to see plant

lemme know and i'll meet ya therewink.gif

The general public tickets for Plant's 7/20 Phoenix, AZ show go onsale Monday at 10 am.

http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/420369/?c=dm-3575459&p=13280272

FYI!

Hi PhxHorn:

I live in Phoenix and just got my tickets yesterday. Section 5, row 9...not bad! Looking forward to seeing Robert and his new band, and hearing the new material! Haven't seen him live since the Mighty Rearranger tour!

An interesting fact is this Robert Plant 2010 Phoenix tour date falls on the 33rd anniversary of what many consider to be Zep's worst live show ever, the TEMPE, Arizona 7/20/77 concert! Will be interesting to see if Plant mentions that show during his concert.

In another thread posted elsewhere in the Forum...John Paul Jones played a Phoenix date here in 1994 with Diamanda Galas, and a reporter asked him about the Zep Tempe 7/20/77 date: and he acknowledged it was aweful!

I want to go to the upcoming Band of Joy concert to see Robert Plant perform live. Will they be playing Zeppelin songs? I am a rather young fan and only know Plant for his work with Led Zeppelin. I look forward to some kind of mix between Led Zeppelin, his solo career and new material. It would be a bummer for me if they do not play any Zeppelin. Anyone have any comments on the mix ratio if any?

Joe

I want to go to the upcoming Band of Joy concert to see Robert Plant perform live. Will they be playing Zeppelin songs? I am a rather young fan and only know Plant for his work with Led Zeppelin. I look forward to some kind of mix between Led Zeppelin, his solo career and new material. It would be a bummer for me if they do not play any Zeppelin. Anyone have any comments on the mix ratio if any?

Joe

Joe,

Welcome to the forum! A lot of great people of all ages here.

I really doubt Roberts new Band Of Joy will being any LZ ballads...I could be wrong (it would be a treat if he did).

Are you familiar with Roberts solo career?

:welcome2:

I was able to get tickets for my daughter, her friend, my son, and his girlfriend. They are looking forward to this show. I am so happy that I was able to do this for them. My son has seen Robert before but this will be the first time for my youngest daughter so she is very excited. :)

It is my understanding that Robert & jimmy did many "meets and greets" before and after Led Zeppelin shows in the 70's . . . :drumz:

They sure did. When it came to "meets and greets" Robert & Jimmy were prodigious.

Archived