Robert Plant & The Band of Joy To Tour USA

sam_webmaster

I can't say I am very familiar with his solo career. I will take a shot. Got a good deal on front row tickets.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

Welcome to the forum! A lot of great people of all ages here.

I really doubt Roberts new Band Of Joy will being any LZ ballads...I could be wrong (it would be a treat if he did).

Are you familiar with Roberts solo career?

welcome2.gif

When it came to "meets and greets" Robert & Jimmy were prodigious.

They were indigenous to "meets and greets". :)

Origin:

1640–50; < L indigen(a) native, original inhabitant (indi-, by-form of in- in-2 (cf. indagate) + -gena, deriv. from base of gignere to bring into being; cf. genital, genitor) + -ous

Hi PhxHorn,

Your seats at Phoenix gig is PIT 2 Row 3 seats 11,12, well I have seat 13, and am especially flying from Australia to see the concert, so will see you there in the seat next to me. The $ 109.00 ticket price is very cheap compared to the $ 2,000.00 air fares, but ain't it worth it. Goodnight

Regards

Zeppatic

Hi PhxHorn,

Your seats at Phoenix gig is PIT 2 Row 3 seats 11,12, well I have seat 13, and am especially flying from Australia to see the concert, so will see you there in the seat next to me. The $ 109.00 ticket price is very cheap compared to the $ 2,000.00 air fares, but ain't it worth it. Goodnight

Regards

Zeppatic

pssst can i hide in your luggage? :D

I was able to get tickets for my daughter, her friend, my son, and his girlfriend. They are looking forward to this show. I am so happy that I was able to do this for them. My son has seen Robert before but this will be the first time for my youngest daughter so she is very excited. :)

They sure did. When it came to "meets and greets" Robert & Jimmy were prodigious.

:hysterical: You got it. :whistling:

Hey Mad! Happy for your kids....and Robert!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Opening act announced for Robert's Band of Joy tour this summer.

Love,

Billy

Apr 27, 2010 09:15 ET

BETTYE LAVETTE Invited by Robert Plant to Open on His July Tour; "All of My Love" Premieres Exclusively on AOL's "Spinner" 4/27; Peers & Press Praise New CD "INTERPRETATIONS: THE BRITISH ROCK SONGBOOK" Available 5/25

Anti- RecordsLOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - April 27, 2010) - The stars are aligning for BETTYE LaVETTE and the May 25 release of "INTERPRETATIONS: THE BRITISH ROCK SONGBOOK," as Robert Plant has invited BETTYE to open for his July tour. BETTYE's 3rd album for Anti-, and the follow-up to her Grammy-nominated "Scene of the Crime," is earning considerable praise from both the press and her artist peers, and she's already booked for a performance on "The Late Show with David Letterman" for June 23.

The request to join the legendary Led Zeppelin vocalist on tour is not so much a notch in BETTYE's belt as it is another link in the chain: Her latest work is an impassioned dissertation on the much-documented influence that American blues and soul had on British rock n' roll -- but more than that, it's an exploration of how those echoes from a foreign shore in turn influenced and reshaped American blues and soul. Fittingly, BETTYE's rendition of the Led Zeppelin classic "All of My Love," will premiere exclusively on AOL's "Spinner" April 27.

Meanwhile, both the press and her peers have been singing advance praises for her upcoming album. In the Huffington Post, Leonce Gaitner wrote: "I find myself living this record. LaVette inhabits these tunes, wraps her skin around them... There's something so deeply human going on here that it's incantatory, so distinct that it's indelible. So true that it dares to be ugly sometimes. So right that it can cause you pain."

Elvis Costello and Sheryl Crow are the latest artists to join a growing chorus of enthusiastic support for BETTYE's singular "INTERPRETATIONS."

"It's hard to believe that Bettye LaVette's version of 'The Word' didn't exist before this moment," says Costello.

Sheryl Crow attests, "I've been on the same stage with Bettye twice in the last year and have been captivated each time. On her new album, Bettye finds her own way into these legendary songs yet still is able to remain faithful to the spirit in each of them. Her unique phrasing and raw honesty enables us to appreciate the words in these classics in a whole new way. Just a master class in song interpretation."

Others who have expressed their praise of Bettye include Keith Richards, Joss Stone, Pete Townsend, Jon Bon Jovi, Rob Thomas, Ringo Starr, Steve Windwood, James Taylor and Elton John.

Produced by BETTYE, Rob Mathes and Michael Stevens, "INTERPRETATIONS" is a 12-song journey through compositions by the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Traffic and Pink Floyd, among others, before concluding right where the very idea for the new album started: Bettye's visceral show-stopping rendition of The Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" from the 2008 Kennedy Center Honors, which appears here as an extended bonus track.

So far, it looks like she is only opening for Robert on a few dates including:

7/20 Phoenix Dodge Theatre

7/21 Tuscon Anselmo Valencia Amphitheater

She'll be opening for Marc Cohn and then going on to perform at several other venues.

8/8/2010 Lisle IL The Morton Arboretum

Marc Cohn

8/28/2010 Trinidad CO Trinidaddio Blues Festival

9/4/2010 Trondheim NORWAY Blues in Hell

1/15/2011 St. Johnsbury VT Fuller Hall

James Montgomery

1/28/2011 Wilmington NC Thalian Hall

source:

http://www.rosebudus.com/lavette/tourdates.html

R B)

Do you guys know her? Still no word about more tour dates up north? Anyone get any inside information on this? I am so excited about the whole thing! So figuring on the style of Bettye, she's sorta bluesy right? So Band of Joy will probably follow along that line. I LOVE Robert doing the blues. This is going to be amazing. He's going to do what he really loves. Come on Robert! Just get to Philly and Atlantic City for sure!

I've heard rumors of Atlanta Chastain Ampitheatre for 7/27, but that is just a rumor as of now.

I've met her. Did a mini blues tour and talked with her briefly last summer (when performing in Mississippi).

R B)

From the press release

Tour dates with Robert Plant are as follows:

DATE CITY/STATE VENUE

7/20 Phoenix, AZ Dodge Theatre

7/21 Tucson, AZ Anselmo Valencia Amphitheatre

7/23 Dallas, TX Meyerson Symphony Center

7/24 Houston, TX Woodlands

7/26 Austin, TX Stubb's

7/28 Mobile, AL The Saenger Theatre

7/30 Clearwater, FL Ruth Eckerd Theatre

7/31 Miami, FL Bayfront

Love,

Billy

Well this is fantastic!! Mobile is only a drive away and Miami is just an overnight plane ride. Hopefully more dates and cities will be added...like Atlanta :D

:thanku::cheer::yay::party:

Thank you Sam!!!

We are going to miami show, "we", meaning wife and kids. if you get tickets and want a friendly to help with area info or if you are on the lawn even sit nearby etc. were making bronwies for the show. there is a really nice mall next to the park, on same site, the theatre is on the water so we are in for a really nice show. look up the amphitheatre and youll see how perfect a locale the mimai show is. mail me at ramzeppelin@yahoo.com and ask whatever :)

Jimmy lives 10 minutes away from robert's concert in miami! any chance he will show?

would be niiiccceee.

Jimmy lives in London - he's a UK resident and spends the majority of his time there. He's showed up at many UK gigs over the years, but it depends on his schedule.

Jimmy lives in London - he's a UK resident and spends the majority of his time there. He's showed up at many UK gigs over the years, but it depends on his schedule.

he may whatever wherever, but I know where he has a house here and yes he spends a good time here, local bars etc catch him enough. I can tell you about his house warming :P the more you know...

he may whatever wherever, but I know where he has a house here and yes he spends a good time here, local bars etc catch him enough. I can tell you about his house warming :P the more you know...

"whatever wherever"

I suppose he could have sold his house in the last few years. He came into cheers, a local bar where a local dj for 105.9 fm sang in a zeppelin coverband, jimmy hired them to play his house warming. turns out I was working in that neighborhood and remembered where it was.

which is less then 10 minutes away from the venue. but again anything is possible. still is exciting notion.

Yeah, dude, Jimmy will totally be there, probably wasted as all get out and ready to hang with you and your buddies again. I mean, you know, right after the virgin sacrifice and four-hour backstage jam with Percy. He'll totally remember you, too, I'm sure. Good chance Percy and Pagey decide to jam with your friends' Zep cover band, too. That happens all the time. Definitely stay excited.

Love,

Billy

I was in Ft. Lauderdale this past weekend and 105.9 was having a contest on their website to win tickets to Robert's concert. You had to find his picture on a plant, lol.

Too bad, I didn't take my computer with me on the trip and was too busy to try to use one. When I got home on Monday, the contest was over.

Edited to say: It looks like they are now having a contest to win Roger Waters and Tom Petty tickets.

http://big1059.com/cc-common/radiobase/contests/

Does anyone else just get bummed out when these guys tour without each other? I think I have seen every possible combination except Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason. I am not trying to take away from their solo projects, heck I had a great time watching John Paul Jones with the mutual admiration society, even opened the back stage door for him on break.

I would just like to see them take "A Last Stand" together before it is too late.

Archived