Robert Plant & The Band of Joy To Tour USA

sam_webmaster

I would just like to see them take "A Last Stand" together before it is too late.

Why would You be bummed, They are still making music. Do you make music? its a wonderful thing.

I'm excited to see Plant, hes got a good direction, But YESYESYES, everyone in the world and there cousin would like to see "A Last Stand", that has been established very deep into the earth. I would love to see that also man, more than anything else, It more than likely wont happen, but who knows mabey it will in a couple years.

Anyways, back to topic smile.gif

Just heard Bettye's version of "All of My Love". WOW. VERY soulful and bluesy and powerful. Actually, I'd like to hear Robert sing with HER??!!! It would be "FULL ALL OUT POWER" between the both of them. This show is gonna be amazing. From what I've heard, he won't announce any more dates until after the release of the new album. I'm starving here..... just makin me wait. Can't WAIT to hear from you all about those first show reviews!

Never, ever. Delighted when any of them play live.

Always happy to see them regardless of who they play with.

But I must admit at each and every show I ponder how much greater it could

be.......

But the fact that they're still out there doing anything it all is most important.

I'm so upset with myself that I've missed ALL of Robert's solo performances! I LOVE his solo music especially the middle eastern/African stuff. Wish Robert would get the need to do the Strange Sensations/Justin Adams/Egyptian/Moroccan, etc. stuff again. Whoever went to those concerts must have been in heaven. Did anyone attend the concert from No Quarter with Jimmy when he had the two orchestras (British and Egyptian)?? That music is so HIM. I loved that Egyptian violinist.

I'm so upset with myself that I've missed ALL of Robert's solo performances! I LOVE his solo music especially the middle eastern/African stuff. Wish Robert would get the need to do the Strange Sensations/Justin Adams/Egyptian/Moroccan, etc. stuff again. Whoever went to those concerts must have been in heaven. Did anyone attend the concert from No Quarter with Jimmy when he had the two orchestras (British and Egyptian)?? That music is so HIM. I loved that Egyptian violinist.

I to love the Moroccan blues/North African style Plant has adopted. Thats why its so great to see him pushing forward with new music. Thisll be my first seeing Plant solo in July!

And Yes! I saw Page/Plant in 1995 at the Tacoma Dome!

Flyingzepp, please details, details, details on the Page/Plant show!!!! This is the one with the two orchestras right? Please tons of details. BTW he looked so HOT!!!!!!!!!! Were you up close??? Was Najma there? I LOVE their version of Battle of Evermore. So sexy!!!!! I have the DVD of it and Robert's face!!!! He was so turned on!

• 2 weeks later...

Flyingzepp, please details, details, details on the Page/Plant show!!!! This is the one with the two orchestras right? Please tons of details. BTW he looked so HOT!!!!!!!!!! Were you up close??? Was Najma there? I LOVE their version of Battle of Evermore. So sexy!!!!! I have the DVD of it and Robert's face!!!! He was so turned on!

Kay, I was a 9 year old dude way up in the balcony at the tacoma dome in tacoma WA, So the sexiness and hotness i can't really comment on. Yes there was a full orchestra and then the pharohs, I was not up close I was way up in the balcony, I dont know a Najma, Jimmy was on this night & they did not play Battle of Evermore. It was a typical 95 setlist also.

Flyingzepp so young and tender! LOLL. Yeah, I could have gotten better details if you were female for sure. Najma was the Indian girl who sang Battle of Evermore with Robert but I guess she wasn't at every concert? I have the DVD of that concert and it was insanely great as far as I'm concerned. Also, there was this one Egyptian guy in the orchestra who was HOT (but that means nothing to you for sure)! Was your mom or older sister there with you? Can they maybe elaborate?????

• 2 weeks later...

did ya hear robert say where jimmys house was this morning? just thought i'd be all told ya so :P

have a good one though!

Like I said, Jimmy lives in London. Just thought I'd be all "told you so". You have a good one too!

Flyingzepp so young and tender! LOLL. Yeah, I could have gotten better details if you were female for sure. Najma was the Indian girl who sang Battle of Evermore with Robert but I guess she wasn't at every concert? I have the DVD of that concert and it was insanely great as far as I'm concerned. Also, there was this one Egyptian guy in the orchestra who was HOT (but that means nothing to you for sure)! Was your mom or older sister there with you? Can they maybe elaborate?????

haha, yeah... There are plenty of bootlegs from the 95, 96, & 98 tours, look up the setlists, unfortunately 'Battle of Evermore' was rarely performed on the tour actually.

Also I have no sisters and yes my mom was present but she will not elaborate anything for my interest in music is far superior, hints why she doesnt have a account on the LZ forum. Thank you though.

• 4 weeks later...

Like I said, Jimmy lives in London. Just thought I'd be all "told you so". You have a good one too!

lol silliest topic ever but, I never said he did not live in london, only that he had a house here, which I believe you disagreed with. so of the 2 of us I would be the one not needing a told you so.

Hope ya see though I am not being hostile. just saying what I know etc.

only said it in first place to let others know. his house warming was awesome thing indeed. what I remember of it.

robert is only one I have yet to meet, since he is my favorite of them I feel not that proud. the rolling papers JPJ signed are cool though, we will be using one for roberts show. silly yes but binds it all together for me.

BTW seems UK is getting alot of special treatment, which is cool, but I am still a little puzzled why o2 was held in UK where they were kind of ignored for a good while instead of US where they have such a massive fanbase. sorry rambling aloud on keyboard...shutting up now.

I was wondering and I don't know if anyone else has any thoughts on this, but . . . . . . . .

RP is getting ready to go on this tour, I heard his interview with the DJ's from Miami and in that interview they asked him if he would be doing any Zeppelin stuff. He said that he probably would. I believe he said some songs that haven't been done in a long while (I could be wrong about this, but I believe that is what I heard and I don't want to go back and find the interview).

While I'm excited as hell about this concert and hearing his new music, I'm still curious as to what Zep songs he may do at the concerts and how he will 'cover' them. From what I've been reading, I know his Band of Joy music is going to be bluesy with a southern vibe and I can't wait to hear his current take on some old LZ tunes. Anyway . . . . . . .

I'd like to know others thoughts on what songs he may do or what songs they would like to see/hear him do.

Two that I can think of off the top of my head are You Shook Me and Bring It On Home.

I was wondering and I don't know if anyone else has any thoughts on this, but . . . . . . . .

RP is getting ready to go on this tour, I heard his interview with the DJ's from Miami and in that interview they asked him if he would be doing any Zeppelin stuff. He said that he probably would. I believe he said some songs that haven't been done in a long while (I could be wrong about this, but I believe that is what I heard and I don't want to go back and find the interview).

While I'm excited as hell about this concert and hearing his new music, I'm still curious as to what Zep songs he may do at the concerts and how he will 'cover' them. From what I've been reading, I know his Band of Joy music is going to be bluesy with a southern vibe and I can't wait to hear his current take on some old LZ tunes. Anyway . . . . . . .

I'd like to know others thoughts on what songs he may do or what songs they would like to see/hear him do.

Two that I can think of off the top of my head are You Shook Me and Bring It On Home.

Hi justawoman!

Here is the link to the thread reagrding the interview. I know it's also posted on Jason's website:-)

lol silliest topic ever but, I never said he did not live in london, only that he had a house here, which I believe you disagreed with. so of the 2 of us I would be the one not needing a told you so.

Hope ya see though I am not being hostile. just saying what I know etc.

only said it in first place to let others know. his house warming was awesome thing indeed. what I remember of it.

robert is only one I have yet to meet, since he is my favorite of them I feel not that proud. the rolling papers JPJ signed are cool though, we will be using one for roberts show. silly yes but binds it all together for me.

BTW seems UK is getting alot of special treatment, which is cool, but I am still a little puzzled why o2 was held in UK where they were kind of ignored for a good while instead of US where they have such a massive fanbase. sorry rambling aloud on keyboard...shutting up now.

But I actually didn't - all I said was that he lives in London - which he does.

Jimmy lives in London - he's a UK resident and spends the majority of his time there. He's showed up at many UK gigs over the years, but it depends on his schedule.

You then went off to another thread and accused me of being "mean" to you.

side note to doubters from other thread, told you jimmy lived here, lol. man people get mean over stupidest things. like it was ever a big deal.

Was nice to hear robert confirm he lived right where I said, after getting such blather cause I mentioned he lived here I almost left the site. sorry rants done :P

You almost left the site because I said

Jimmy lives in London - he's a UK resident and spends the majority of his time there. He's showed up at many UK gigs over the years, but it depends on his schedule.

?????????

Yeah - silliest something ever, alright.

Thanks for posting that LZG!!!!! Enjoyed the video. It's nice to get a little taste of Robert, mmmmmmmmm, but the shakey camera was making me a little dizzy. :wacko:

Great find LZG!!! :thumbsup: I am going to post the HD one of the Zeppelin related video thread. The man still has it!!!

Archived