Robert Plant & The Band of Joy To Tour USA

sam_webmaster

It's a *Robert Plant* thread within a Led Zeppelin forum. What makes your posts so lame is your belief that anyone cares about your anti-Band of Joy comments. Why don't you just set up a "I hate the Band of Joy" thread and post away at will? Your buddy SilverMedalist, who thinks his dreams are reality, can join you.

Love,

Billy

Funny guy there!

The root of this forum IS Led Zeppelin, Robert having been in the band. What's lame here is any voice that doesn't care for this new band is put aside/ignored or whatever by those who don't want a contradictory view of those who support them musically.

You've taken it to the extreme about 'hating' this band. Maybe other's have said that, I haven't read every post, but I haven't. I just dislike it. Cant' stand that ? Maybe YOU shouldn't be debating it or even voicing on it. If you can support them, I can choose not to and still be just as justified in my opinion.

I love old Led Zep, but not so much their later material. Doesn't lessen my appreciation for that time even if I don't care for ANY of their new outings. TCV included, or The Firm or Strange Sensation or any of it.

Accept dissenting views or none at all !

Funny guy there!

The root of this forum IS Led Zeppelin, Robert having been in the band. What's lame here is any voice that doesn't care for this new band is put aside/ignored or whatever by those who don't want a contradictory view of those who support them musically.

You've taken it to the extreme about 'hating' this band. Maybe other's have said that, I haven't read every post, but I haven't. I just dislike it. Cant' stand that ? Maybe YOU shouldn't be debating it or even voicing on it. If you can support them, I can choose not to and still be just as justified in my opinion.

I love old Led Zep, but not so much their later material. Doesn't lessen my appreciation for that time even if I don't care for ANY of their new outings. TCV included, or The Firm or Strange Sensation or any of it.

Accept dissenting views or none at all !

Agree 100%

People are entitled to their views. At the end of the day this is a Led Zeppelin forum and I'd say the vast majority here are rock fans so it isn't unheard of that people who like heavy rock may not like bluegrass or rockabilly music.

And if everyone loved everything Plant did this forum would be a boring place. After all, it is good to debate and discuss things.

On a different note, dpat, you have to fill me in on the New Orleans bar imprint story. Being from N.O., I do remember something about their imprints on a sidewalk in front of a bar. Do you know what bar it was or if the imprints are still there? I for the life of me can't remember.

I remember reading it in a CREEM magazine article about the tour. I think the article mentions "The Crunge" blasting out of the bar's public address system. Maybe by writer Lisa Robinson? Sorry I couldn't be more help ...

I think its' not a problem if somebody dislikes Plant's new direction, i just don't like it, when it becomes too obvious that someone hates it just because he would want to see a zep reunion instead.

And Oracle, saying that you would like the kind of music Plant is playing now, if it would be played by Zeppelin is just totally hipocritical!! It would be the same music, but you would like it because of Zeps stage presence and a lot of others would like it because of that too?? Well that is just ridicioulus! Their stage presence might add something, especially compared to most bands, but it's the music people love and i think most fans would not like to hear Zep the way Plant rearranges them in his solo carrer!!

And i think one of the main problems of this forum is, that there is way too little quality discussion in quality topics and way too much arguing about what someone has said, what someone has not said, what somone is alowed to say, what someone is not alowed to say, how things should be said, how things should not be said, what is appropriate, what is not appropriate, what are the right words, what are the wrong words, which discussions are bad, whisch discussions are good, what is offensive, what is not offensive and so on and so on and so on,..............................................................

Justawoman, please give all details about the Houston show. Every little detail about Robert please, especially if he does the Lemon Song. I have to say though, I really hope he does it the way he did back in the '60's, no kidding around. I have my needs and I'd need that. It doesn't matter how old he is, he's still the sexiest man on earth as far as I'm concerned. I also need for him to start unbuttoning those shirts and stop with the tee shirts. I need a lot of stuff.

BTW I had to listen to Low's performance of Monkey which has become my favorite song. It's good but no way even close to how Sexy Robert's cover is. When he sings that part "shut up and drive" I can't help but imagine what would happen once you get there. It's kinda "sexed-up Alice in Chains.

Justawoman, please give all details about the Houston show. Every little detail about Robert please, especially if he does the Lemon Song. I have to say though, I really hope he does it the way he did back in the '60's, no kidding around. I have my needs and I'd need that. It doesn't matter how old he is, he's still the sexiest man on earth as far as I'm concerned. I also need for him to start unbuttoning those shirts and stop with the tee shirts. I need a lot of stuff.

BTW I had to listen to Low's performance of Monkey which has become my favorite song. It's good but no way even close to how Sexy Robert's cover is. When he sings that part "shut up and drive" I can't help but imagine what would happen once you get there. It's kinda "sexed-up Alice in Chains.

I don't expect you'll see the Lemon Song IMO. As for him unbuttoning his shirt - he's not that person anymore and I think if he did start doing that now, it'd be an embarrassment.

I don't expect you'll see the Lemon Song IMO. As for him unbuttoning his shirt - he's not that person anymore and I think if he did start doing that now, it'd be an embarrassment.

Hi 9,

Why, do you think "IT" would be an Embarrassment, "HIM" unbuttoning his Shirt?

Regards, Danny

I remember reading it in a CREEM magazine article about the tour. I think the article mentions "The Crunge" blasting out of the bar's public address system. Maybe by writer Lisa Robinson? Sorry I couldn't be more help ...

Thanks dpat. I tried googling every possible combination to see if I could find anything on that subject, but nothing. At least now I have a jumping off point. If I find any additional info, I'll post it here.

And . . . . . . .

Avacado, I'll be sure to fill you in on the Houston concert. The venue is at an outdoor arena and late July in Houston is HOT, HOT, HOT, so you may get your wish about the unbutton shirt thing. ;) Either way, I don't care, I just want to see him perform. I have 4th row stage right seats, so I'll try to take some good pics and post them here.

Avacado, I'll be sure to fill you in on the Houston concert. The venue is at an outdoor arena and late July in Houston is HOT, HOT, HOT, so you may get your wish about the unbutton shirt thing. Either way, I don't care, I just want to see him perform. I have 4th row stage right seats, so I'll try to take some good pics and post them here.

I'll be there too! It is going to be HOT, but I don't care either. I'll be front row, center in the pit. Woohoo!!

And Oracle, saying that you would like the kind of music Plant is playing now, if it would be played by Zeppelin is just totally hipocritical!! It would be the same music, but you would like it because of Zeps stage presence and a lot of others would like it because of that too?? Well that is just ridicioulus! Their stage presence might add something, especially compared to most bands, but it's the music people love and i think most fans would not like to hear Zep the way Plant rearranges them in his solo carrer!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa !!

I NEVER said I'd like it if Plant joined his Zep buddies and played this solo material. I said 'others here'. Have you not read others posts where they said this ? About just seeing them onstage ? I for one care about the music and if they sucked when I saw them, I'd be highly disappointed. I'm not in awe just because they're onstage. I was awed by their late 60s-early 70s performances.

Here's what I said earlier,

I'd bet anything that the majority on THIS SITE would rather see Robert with his old Zep chums, even if they did the same laid-back material, just because of them being member of LED ZEPPELIN. I don't know how many times I've read where people just OOGLE because of their presence together onstage, no matter what they play or how they play it.

^ I was actually saying this in a derogatory fashion.

And for the record, I REALIZE there's NOT going to be a reunion tour. I've felt that since shortly after the 02. I'm 'resting on my laurels', I saw Led Zeppelin twice in their and my youth. A time they'll never be able to achieve again!

I'll be there too! It is going to be HOT, but I don't care either. I'll be front row, center in the pit. Woohoo!!

OMG! That's awesome Gigi! Wave to me, I'll be in section 103 4th row toward center aisle! Is it really going to be THAT hot? I've never been to the Woodlands Pavalion before, so I don't know what to expect. It looks like they have big fans under the tents.

OMG! That's awesome Gigi! Wave to me, I'll be in section 103 4th row toward center aisle! Is it really going to be THAT hot? I've never been to the Woodlands Pavalion before, so I don't know what to expect. It looks like they have big fans under the tents.

It will probably be in the high 80's by the evening but the humidity will make it seem 10 degrees warmer. Luckily, there is no rain in the forecast.

Don't forget the Mosquito repellent!

Gigi, are you bringing a video camera? Please???? You are so close. Anyway, please all who are attending, give me all information, preferably the women. I want that kind of point of view and don't hold back. BTW I've been checking out Robert's bod and he's in great shape, probably better than a lot of guys half his age. I'd love to see his shirt unbuttoned. I'm not saying down to the belly button with no underwear like the old days (however I'd probably love that too). I don't think any of us women would be disappointed.

As far as the Lemon Song, I believe I read in that Arkansas interview article that he, himself, said he was going to do it (but he does kid a lot so who knows). I think he SHOULD do it. It would absolutely make my night for sure. What does that mean "he's not that person anymore". He's still a very sexual, sensual man. Look at the kind of music he's doing.

The people who are saying they don't like this new BOJ, did you really listen to some of the songs? And I understand he's doing more and more Led Zep stuff. If you got your wish for a Led Zep Reunion Tour, what do you think your chances would be at getting tickets?

I don't know how many times I've read where people just OOGLE because of their presence together onstage, no matter what they play or how they play it.

And the wheel's go round and round, over and over. :lol:

Gigi, thanks for the tip on the mosquito repellent. I didn't even think of that, but it makes total sense. I'm going to go put it by my stuff to bring right now.

Avacado I believe you are right about Plant stating in that interview that he would be doing The Lemon Song, of course he could have been joking, we'll just have to wait and see.

And the wheel's go round and round, over and over. :lol:

Jealous?

And, FYI, I'm pretty sure that most people who are excited about this tour and who are posting here, LIKE his new stuff. It fits who he is now, he's 61 going on 62, he's moved on as an artist. I saw LZ in '73 and again in '75, that was then, this is now, you can't go back home. As much as I love Led Zeppelin, in my book they are the alpha/omega, but that leaves a lot of room in between and it doesn't mean (and I'm sure others would agree) that I don't enjoy all different types of music. If it happens to be RP putting out some of that music, all the better.

My quote is directly about the numbers of people here who say,

"I want to see my idols no matter if they play, how they play or what they play.

Personally, I'm more discriminatory in my tastes. If it doesn't sound good to me, I don't care WHO is onstage. Different and change aren't always necessarily good. And to me, that's where this has gone.

I've enjoyed artists that 'you can't go back home with' as they've changed. It's all in what they've changed to. It's not ALL good for everyone.

Oh and one more thing! Robert!! You guys GOTTA do "WIN MY TRAIN FARE HOME!!!" What I think is the sexiest song ever! CRAWL, CRAWL, CRAWL, CRAWL, Yeah DADDY!

As long as they're taking requests I'd like to point out I've been patiently waiting four decades for Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush as performed by Led Zeppelin in San Francisco April 1969. While I'm at it, although JPJ hasn't done Midnight At The Oasis with Them Crooked Vultures yet I'll accept Shibuya Bop on July 28th instead.

Eye thank yew.

Yeah "Andrew Sisters on Acid" meaning tight, crazy, insane harmonies. She's perfect. Like I said before, Patty has Robert's power, soul AND passion. He can NOW sing and soar and do whatever the hell he wants to do and change the songs up as much as he wants and she's THERE full-out doing it with him. Patty and Buddy said with Robert, you have to constantly watch him because you can only rehearse so much -- when you get on stage with him, it's a whole different thing because Robert will change everything up, giving subtle cues and THANK GOD he found people who can "hang". Anyone going tonight??:?

Thank you Patrycja for the great article and wonderful confirmation at the end that he'll be resuming the U.S tour in early 2011!!! Us northerners need it! I will anxiously be awaiting the Philly, Atlantic City and New York shows for sure!!! Hope he does the Borgata for a full week. It would be awesome and they love him there. Not uncommon for that venue to do such a thing as long as Robert would want to. Anyone living in the area that will go?? VERY excited.

Cheers, Avacado. Just went on RP's sit for tour dates and noticed that article there. It came to me via FB, but anyway, it's a well written piece that is respectful of his current musical ventures without tedious longings for rehashing the past with turgid reunions, which is refreshing. I sure hope the tour makes its way to the Great White North. Exciting indeed :)

Archived