Jeff Beck's New Album: Emotion & Commotion

georgio

Just listened to Jeff Beck's new album - well produced and captivating stuff. It hasn't been released on Amazon yet for some reason - I just bought my copy in Hong Kong. http://www.amazon.com/Emotion-Commotion-Jeff-Beck/dp/B003405MF6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1269678770&sr=8-1

Good mix of material and exceptional sound quality. All I was thinking was - Jimmy Page needs to be making an album as good as this. Beck hasn't made a solo album in 7 years, but managed to find a way to connect with his instrument and bring out some great music. Almost 20 years is a long time since Page's last album...he needs people to reconnect with, like Beck did.

I heard some clips from the new album, and liked the sound. Thanks for the YouTube clip!

Saw Jeff with Clapton at Madison Square Garden last month, and will see him again on June 5 at the Borgata in Atlantic City.

I recently tossed an old issue of a music magazine that had a joint interview with Jeff and Jimmy, and they tossed around the idea of recording together. I was hoping this would be it, but it hasn't happened.

There was a rumor that Jimmy was back stage at the Garden, but that was all it seemed to be.

Looking forward to his new album and seeing him live next month. Is he touring with the female bassist (drawing a blank on her name!)? Which drummer will be on tour with him?

The bassist is Rhonda Smith. She used to play with Prince. Tal Wilkenfeld isn't with him on this tour.

Narada Michael Waldon is on drums. He had played on Wired.

http://www.jeffbeck.com/bio2.php

All the vocalists are female on his new album - Joss Stone sounds like Tina Turner on a couple of tracks. Not sure who will be covering the vocals on tour.

That's not good news. I saw Joss Stone singing with Jamie Hartman on Jay Leno the other night. I laughed my ass off because both of these singers have such weird voices and together it looked like two people lip syncing to someone else's recording. It's hard to believe those are their real voices.

But getting back to Jeff Beck....his last three albums, WHO ELSE, YOU HAD IT COMING, and JEFF all had these stupid little hip-hop, rap, or what ever vocal parts, so I'm going to have to hear this one first before I buy it.

Thanks! I think this is it . . .

Thanks for posting this. This is a little of topic, but as this is one of my favorites here is another one of the great Jeff Beck. These two would be great to get together again IMHO !

Jeff Beck with Rod Stewart-People Get Ready (with interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mRNVjGpiWE

just looked........should be able to bag something in the first 5 rows fairly cheaply.......now if only i had a date.....tongue.gif

Derek Trucks is supposed to be a "Very Special Guest" on June 3rd. It sure would be interesting if they both happen to end up on the stage at the same time with guitars in hand.

At first, I was thinking of taking a ride up there from Jersey, but it would be tough to get away from work, and then I scored tickets to see him on in AC.

Sorry about the date thing. Can't help you there!! LOL!!

Thanks for posting this. This is a little of topic, but as this is one of my favorites here is another one of the great Jeff Beck. These two would be great to get together again IMHO !

Jeff Beck with Rod Stewart-People Get Ready (with interview

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9mRNVjGpiWE

Thanks! I'm a big Jeff fan.

There is a lot of good Jeff stuff on YouTube.

I found a great Jeff/Les Paul clip yesterday. It looked like they were having a great time. Jeff strolled on stage with his Strat, and Les pulled the cord out of Jeff's guitar.

Jeff (I think with Imelda May) will be doing a tribute to Les Paul at the Iridium in June: http://www.iridiumjazzclub.com/talent.php?talent=839&month=6&year=2010

Just listened to Jeff Beck's new album - well produced and captivating stuff. It hasn't been released on Amazon yet for some reason - I just bought my copy in Hong Kong. http://www.amazon.co...69678770&sr=8-1

Good mix of material and exceptional sound quality. All I was thinking was - Jimmy Page needs to be making an album as good as this. Beck hasn't made a solo album in 7 years, but managed to find a way to connect with his instrument and bring out some great music. Almost 20 years is a long time since Page's last album...he needs people to reconnect with, like Beck did.

Hi 'georgio' and All,

Sorry to disagree with you all but if you think JP needs people to reconnect with then he needs to connect with completely different people than JB has or he will end up with the same type of music JB has created on this album, "Hank Marvin meets Jimi Hendrix meets Pink Floyd meets Alice in Wonderland" :wtf::blink::wacko:

If this is Jeff at his best then i would rather listen to Jimmy at his worst, where is the Rock? where is the Roll? and where is the Blues in this Album? its music for being put on hold on the telephone, and i hate that type of music, he could do so much better if he went back too his roots, this is even worse than what Clapton has done.

Yes its well presented, yes its Professionally put together, Yes it has Jeff's guitar trickery, but it leaves me cold, if this is progress then I'm staying back in the Stone Age with all the other Ageing Rockers and Blues Affictionardos.

Regards, Danny

PS, 5/10 for trying.

Hi 'georgio' and All,

Sorry to disagree with you all but if you think JP needs people to reconnect with then he needs to connect with completely different people than JB has or he will end up with the same type of music JB has created on this album, "Hank Marvin meets Jimi Hendrix meets Pink Floyd meets Alice in Wonderland" :wtf::blink::wacko:

If this is Jeff at his best then i would rather listen to Jimmy at his worst, where is the Rock? where is the Roll? and where is the Blues in this Album? its music for being put on hold on the telephone, and i hate that type of music, he could do so much better if he went back too his roots, this is even worse than what Clapton has done.

Yes its well presented, yes its Professionally put together, Yes it has Jeff's guitar trickery, but it leaves me cold, if this is progress then I'm staying back in the Stone Age with all the other Ageing Rockers and Blues Affictionardos.

Regards, Danny

PS, 5/10 for trying.

Hello Danny :wave:

You know I love exchanging post with you, so here we go! I know you have your opinion and I can respect that, but how can you call this elevator music? I think this is a great CD.

Pagemeister so kindly posted a link to listen to the whole album:

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=125420200&m=125434550

Call me nostalgic, but Jeff Beck is always amazing. I think I own everything he has done. I am sure he will end up with another bluesy rock and roll album, but this one IMHO is also a great listen. Just my thoughts :peace:

As far as Jimmy, I just want to see him on stage doing anything!!!! :yesnod:

Hello Danny :wave:

You know I love exchanging post with you, so here we go! I know you have your opinion and I can respect that, but how can you call this elevator music? I think this is a great CD.

http://www.npr.org/t...200&m=125434550

Call me nostalgic, but Jeff Beck is always amazing. I think I own everything he has done. I am sure he will end up with another bluesy rock and roll album, but this one IMHO is also a great listen. Just my thoughts :peace:

As far as Jimmy, I just want to see him on stage doing anything!!!! :yesnod:

Hi Debs,

Thanks for not jumping on my back, that's mighty good of you considering your a Jeff Beck fan, so am i mostly, and i did listen to the whole album, four times straight, and i cant find anything positive to say about it, it leaves me feeling cold.

I don't find anything nostalgic about this album, other than Jeff's Guitar playing, its quite an uninteresting listen too me, but then again I'm quite set in my musical ways, i like Led Zeppelin, the Blues, and a few other Rock Groups, Medieval Fayre Music, Classical Music, Whale Song, so i am quite diverse in my taste wouldn't you say?

But when i don't like something i say so, even if its my Idols doing it, Robert included, and if i wouldn't listen to a type of music anyway then Jimmy playing on it wouldn't change my mind either, call me what you will but I'm not Fickle and I'm not a Chameleon, I'm an obnoxious bastard most of the time, the rest of the time I'm just plain mean. :lol:

Not Elevator music, Telephone music, the music that they play when you're left on hold, and that's what my wife said to me when i was listening to the album, "They still leaving you on hold dear" and she likes all sorts of music, and lets not forget, Jimmy and Robert are not just "EYECANDY". ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Debs,

Thanks for not jumping on my back, that's mighty good of you considering your a Jeff Beck fan, so am i mostly, and i did listen to the whole album, four times straight, and i cant find anything positive to say about it, it leaves me feeling cold.

I don't find anything nostalgic about this album, other than Jeff's Guitar playing, its quite an uninteresting listen too me, but then again I'm quite set in my musical ways, i like Led Zeppelin, the Blues, and a few other Rock Groups, Medieval Fayre Music, Classical Music, Whale Song, so i am quite diverse in my taste wouldn't you say?

But when i don't like something i say so, even if its my Idols doing it, Robert included, and if i wouldn't listen to a type of music anyway then Jimmy playing on it wouldn't change my mind either, call me what you will but I'm not Fickle and I'm not a Chameleon, I'm an obnoxious bastard most of the time, the rest of the time I'm just plain mean. :lol:

Not Elevator music, Telephone music, the music that they play when you're left on hold, and that's what my wife said to me when i was listening to the album, "They still leaving you on hold dear" and she likes all sorts of music, and lets not forget, Jimmy and Robert are not just "EYECANDY". ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Danny :lol: Gotta love your honesty. But I do like the CD. Besides your not what you called yourself..maybe a little tone deaf sometimes :hysterical:

By the way, your wife is right Jeff Beck is a whole bowl full of eye candy :whistling:

Best, Deb

Hello Danny wave.gif

http://www.npr.org/t...200&m=125434550

Call me nostalgic, but Jeff Beck is always amazing. I think I own everything he has done. I am sure he will end up with another bluesy rock and roll album, but this one IMHO is also a great listen. Just my thoughts peace.gif

As far as Jimmy, I just want to see him on stage doing anything!!!! yesnod.gif

Thanks for the link. I just listened to the whole thing for the first time. I know that taste in music is subjective, but I have to say that I really like it. I could pop that one in the car, and go for a drive.

I don't know about Jeff being eye candy, but he seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

He recently supported the building of a widlife rescue/hospital: http://www.jeffbeck.com/blog.php

Can a 65 year old guy still qualify as eye candy??

the correct answer is no

the only thing jeff has going for him is that he's not as fugly as mick jagger.........by a hair

heres some pics i took last time i saw him

beck2.jpg?t=1270519292

beck5.jpg?t=1270519152

[beck4.jpg?t=1270518815

the correct answer is no

the only thing jeff has going for him is that he's not as fugly as mick jagger.........by a hair

heres some pics i took last time i saw him

beck2.jpg?t=1270519292

beck5.jpg?t=1270519152

[beck4.jpg?t=1270518815

Well, he has good hair.

I'd have to say that much for him.

LOL!!

Thanks for the link. I just listened to the whole thing for the first time. I know that taste in music is subjective, but I have to say that I really like it. I could pop that one in the car, and go for a drive.

I don't know about Jeff being eye candy, but he seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

He recently supported the building of a widlife rescue/hospital: http://www.jeffbeck.com/blog.php

Hello RPOZ51!

He seems to be such a great person.I think he looks amazing, Strap that guitar around him and he is breathless:-) :whistling:

Hello RPOZ51!

He seems to be such a great person.I think he looks amazing, Strap that guitar around him and he is breathless:-) :whistling:

Hi Debs,

Me Misses said to tell you that as long as he has Led in his Pencil rather than his Boots, (there's a little reference there) and even if he is as bald as a coot, he can still be Sexy and Eye Candy at 65, even 70, she would point you to Telly Savalas, Patrick Stewart, Yul Brynner, but not me, me hairs too long. :o:(:lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Debs,

Me Misses said to tell you that as long as he has Led in his Pencil rather than his Boots, (there's a little reference there) and even if he is as bald as a coot, he can still be Sexy and Eye Candy at 65, even 70, she would point you to Telly Savalas, Patrick Stewart, Yul Brynner, but not me, me hairs too long. :o:(:lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

:wave:

Your Misses is one smart lady:-)We can add to that list Sean Connery.

I still love the new Jeff Beck CD :P

Archived