Jeff Beck's New Album: Emotion & Commotion

georgio

Hello RPOZ51!

He seems to be such a great person.I think he looks amazing, Strap that guitar around him and he is breathless:-) whistling.gif

Hi Deborah!

I'll have to take your word on that.

I totally respect your opinion, but he just doesn't have that same, He Takes My Breath Away, effect on me. biggrin.gif

Tom

Hi Deborah!

I'll have to take your word on that.

I totally respect your opinion, but he just doesn't have that same, He Takes My Breath Away, effect on me. biggrin.gif

Tom

Hi Tom!

:hysterical: I think for 65 from a female perspective he looks really, really sexy...great!

Hi Tom!

hysterical.gif I think for 65 from a female perspective he looks really, really sexy...great!

At first I thought you were saying he looks good, with no qualifiers.

Now I'm hearing the dreaded, "He looks good . . . . . . . for his age."

Speaking from experience, that's the last thing that anyone who gets an AARP card needs to hear.

laugh.gif

At first I thought you were saying he looks good, with no qualifiers.

Now I'm hearing the dreaded, "He looks good . . . . . . . for his age."

Speaking from experience, that's the last thing that anyone who gets an AARP card needs to hear.

laugh.gif

Hi Tom! :lol:

The man IMHO has always been great looking. Then as I stated earlier- strap a guitar on him and he is amazing :guitar_mood:

:wave:

Your Misses is one smart lady:-)We can add to that list Sean Connery.

I still love the new Jeff Beck CD :P

Hi Debs,

My Misses is right with you about Sean Connery, but only about his looks, as a person she thinks like i do that he is a Racist Scotch Git, he's all for Scotland but fails to live or return there, and for decades, and he is Anti-English which makes him a Racist.

As for the CD, give me some clue as to why its so good musically and not about your love affair with "Jeff Baby" and i might give you some credence. :P:o:lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Debs,

My Misses is right with you about Sean Connery, but only about his looks, as a person she thinks like i do that he is a Racist Scotch Git, he's all for Scotland but fails to live or return there, and for decades, and he is Anti-English which makes him a Racist.

As for the CD, give me some clue as to why its so good musically and not about your love affair with "Jeff Baby" and i might give you some credence. :P:o:lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Hello Danny!

Jeff is in my list of top 5 guitarist, you know when you here it who it is. The same on this one. I have just always loved JB. This is certainly a laid back CD, but Jeff is still beyond great IMHO. I can't wait to see him again. Going 6/11 at Chastain Park...got a great seat:-) :guitar_mood:

Hi Debs,

As for the CD, give me some clue as to why its so good musically and not about your love affair with "Jeff Baby" and i might give you some credence. tongue.gifohmy.giflaugh.gif

Kind Regards, Danny

Isn't Sean also the guy who once caused a major stir by basically saying that it's okay to hit a woman - as long as you don't hit her as hard as you'd hit a guy - or words to that effect??

slapface.gif

I think it's always best to separate the art from the artist.

I say that even though I was the one who brought up the fact that JB seems to be a good guy.

Hello Danny!

Jeff is in my list of top 5 guitarist, you know when you here it who it is. The same on this one. I have just always loved JB. This is certainly a laid back CD, but Jeff is still beyond great IMHO. I can't wait to see him again. Going 6/11 at Chastain Park...got a great seat:-) :guitar_mood:

Hi Debs,

What can i say? love conquers all, i hope you enjoy your night out with him, really. :beer:

Kind Regards, Danny

• 3 weeks later...

A really good cd. I'm glad to see that all the techno-metal is out of his system. A lot of fine guitar leads similar to Where Were You from Guitar Shop back in 89.

Yeah I thought that too. "Where Were you" was one of the old tunes that came to mind, another was "The Final Peace" from the album There And Back.

Jeff Beck can play an instrumental ballad like nobody else......still. I loved the techno mutant surf music he was doing on his last few albums though.....

Regards;

All I was thinking was - Jimmy Page needs to be making an album as good as this. Beck hasn't made a solo album in 7 years, but managed to find a way to connect with his instrument and bring out some great music. Almost 20 years is a long time since Page's last album...he needs people to reconnect with, like Beck did.

Personally, I think that Jimmy Page's live performance of Embyo #1 & the 12 string acoustic piece from

'It Might Get Loud' is far better than anything on Jeff Becks vapid new CD.

Beck really needs a producer who'll get him and his band a more organic sound, I can't stand how clean and perfect everything is. The production value sucks and the songs are forgettable. 7 years? Damn.

That being said, the live Crossroads DVD included with the CD is fucking phenomenal.

. . . which he did. B) He was amazingly good (and didn't say a word except to introduce his band, and "I don't believe it"--referring to the crowd response--before the encore, and the packed crowd didn't mind a bit!).

Love it! I've always loved Jeff, I love the Over The Rainbow song, another example of beautiful playing.

I don't think it's his best, but it is good album, I prefer his really heavy blues songs. And I love the cover of it too :) But it's on my need-to-get list :D

Edit: out of the ones I've listened to, my fave would have to be Never Alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZv6Qk8GPbI&feature=related

Btw does anyone know it's it's going to be realeased as an LP aswell?

Love it! I've always loved Jeff, I love the Over The Rainbow song,

Oh Gawd! Don't tell me he's lowered himself to doing a Judy Garland song.

What's next, Doris Day? Yeah boy, she's rockin' !

51eedQ17MbL._SS500_-774328.jpg

I saw a review in People, that said something like, there's not enough emotion or commotion. It reminds me,very much so, of something Sheryl Crow would do.

I am a BIG Judy Garland fan. What do you mean by that comment? <_<

Do you not know how famous "Over The Rainbow" is? It means something to me and obviously to Jeff Beck. RESPECT is all I ask.

Archived