Detective

Edit: Wrong one. Here is what i meant to post:-)

Detective (Recognition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze4mJ2WY0e8

what a nice mistake, cos 'One More Heartache' has so many similarities with WTLB.

and the overall sound of the drums make one believe that it was really mr. page's 'fault' that one remembers

mr. bonham's sound so much. i've always wondered how deep jimmy's involvement with Detective really was,

as some of those guitars sound soooo familiar.. is there any proof he came to play some himself ?

and of course it's a shame, that post LZ he never really went into studio production other than for his own projects like for instance mr. jones did.

what a nice mistake, cos 'One More Heartache' has so many similarities with WTLB.

and the overall sound of the drums make one believe that it was really mr. page's 'fault' that one remembers

mr. bonham's sound so much. i've always wondered how deep jimmy's involvement with Detective really was,

as some of those guitars sound soooo familiar.. is there any proof he came to play some himself ?

and of course it's a shame, that post LZ he never really went into studio production other than for his own projects like for instance mr. jones did.

Hello moonson, I have never had proof that he actually recorded or played with them.

badgeholder: Here is a song from the other album:-)

Thanx for pulling out those memories Deborah J!

uuuh, Competition sounds like a better Bad Company.. at least two brits in this american band.

i also have this swan song live promo LP in my shelf sitting here since 2 decades,

think i'll give it a spin later :)

hey Badgeholder, do u have any memories from the concert to share ?

"Grim Reaper" is the song I'm thinking of, didn't see it on youtube.

Regarding the show, I remember really digging it, I thought they were gonna be big!

It was very crowded. The bass player, if I recall, was wearing white satin, remember this was right in the middle of the disco-era. That drummer really wanted to be Bonzo (don't we all) but of course he fell far short (like everyone else) I think they suffered the dreaded "sophmore jinx" with the second album, I don't recall a third LP, am I correct?

"Grim Reaper" is the song I'm thinking of, didn't see it on youtube.

Regarding the show, I remember really digging it, I thought they were gonna be big!

It was very crowded. The bass player, if I recall, was wearing white satin, remember this was right in the middle of the disco-era. That drummer really wanted to be Bonzo (don't we all) but of course he fell far short (like everyone else) I think they suffered the dreaded "sophmore jinx" with the second album, I don't recall a third LP, am I correct?

Gracias for this concert memory, Badgeholder!

well i only got into detective in the early 80s while searching for swan song music.

after two studio albums and a live promo LP, accordingly the band broke up while recording album # 3

yes indeed it was the disco age, just take a look at that 2nd album cover!

but the music sounds great to me today: heavy, funky and dark :)

the most complete discography i could find for the band is here.

does anybody remember Michael Des Barres' band Silverhead from the early 70s ?

The guitarist here was a certain Robbie Blunt.

for Grim Reaper, somebody must have read your thoughts, it was just uploaded a few days ago.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Detective's debut album is being remastered from original analog tapes for its first vinyl pressing since 1977. Limited to 3000 units worldwide and pressed on color vinyl, the record will be available exclusively for Record Store Day 2022. The reissue includes new packaging with an updated back cover, new liner notes and an insert.

1174900568_418466435669360.jpg.7259ab4f5e3168b572878935fad020e9.jpg

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/14882

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...