American Idol

Virginia

Well, the top 3 are all blues singers and guitarists, which is awesome :D although I fully expect Crystal to win :) I'm guessing Lee #2 and Casey #3. :unsure:

I thought Casey was gone. :huh:

I want to see Crystal's hometown.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Here they go! Will it be Crystal or Lee?

I think the judges have been pushing for Lee the last couple of weeks and I've been a little underwhelmed by him.

I am still not sure it's in her best interests artistically to win (like Daughtry, who probably is better off, with more creative control, for not having won). I think Lee is more malleable.

The song choices for Lee were weak. Doing a weak U2 song for his first single? I don't see that as his style. I think he's more southern rock type genre. Chrystal blew me away with Black Velvet, that might have been her best performance of the year.

Edited by NickZepp

The song choices for Lee were weak. Doing a weak U2 song for his first single? I don't see that as his style. I think he's more southern rock type genre. Chrystal blew me away with Black Velvet, that might have been her best performance of the year.

I think Lee was overwhelmed by Crystal. You could see the wind go out of his sails.

We'll see what the voters say.

I guess they'll both be given new Mustangs? I'll take one over a Focus. :D

I picked Lee to win several weeks back but started to worry he might lose it in the end as he didn't seem to be very enthusiastic about it.

I thought the duet with Casey and Brett Michaels was great, gotta give a standind O to Brett after all he has and will be going through to keep on keepn' on

B)

As far as guest performances go, Joe Cocker's was really good, but Christina Aguilera was incredible, especially that last song she sang. *chills*

Yes, she has an unbelievable voice!! :o

I picked Lee to win several weeks back but started to worry he might lose it in the end as he didn't seem to be very enthusiastic about it.

I thought the duet with Casey and Brett Michaels was great, gotta give a standind O to Brett after all he has and will be going through to keep on keepn' on

B)

Oh yes, he looked happy and healthy and it was wonderful to see him on stage :)

I kind of figured Lee would win, although we were all pulling for Crystal. But I think she'll do just fine, my husband and I are looking forward to seeing her in concert one day :) BTW, I tried to vote for her twice Wed. night and got 2 wrong numbers, so I gave up. :(

• 11 months later...

Well, jumping to this season, who saw Haley sing Zep last night with her Dad on the Les Paul?

I wanted Pia but the dummies voted her off so I'm pulling for Haley (but I have a feeling Scotty may take it)

B)

After James was eliminated I was rooting for Haley, but now she's gone too. I don't think Lauren will beat Scotty though.

This is the first time that I ever watched Idol all the way through- usually I just watch the auditions to laugh at the strange ones, but I decided to watch it all this time because of Steven Tyler. I'm not really into pop music but it was fun to watch & some of those kids have great voices.

• 8 years later...