The Lord of the Rings

lzzoso

Hi Bro,all,

Mostly a fault of the screen writers,...

One has to remember the New Line,which put up the $$ and also said 'yes' for it being three films,in the contract with WingNut (PJ's production company) insisted that the films be PG-13,which did make them less dark.

Back to the book and trivia! :P

Who know why the book came out in three volumes?

KB (Sharkey)

Hi Kev,

This is an inspired guess by the way.

One for God the Father

One for God the Son

One for God the Holy Ghost/Spirit

This is a hopeful guess.

Because he had a fondness for German Airships and Drummers. ;)

This is conjecture.

He really had 6 books, but he could only come up with three names that worked so he bundled the books in to 2 book volumes.

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny,all,

Hi Kev,

This is an inspired guess by the way.

One for God the Father

One for God the Son

One for God the Holy Ghost/Spirit

This is a hopeful guess.

Because he had a fondness for German Airships and Drummers. ;)

This is conjecture.

He really had 6 books, but he could only come up with three names that worked so he bundled the books in to 2 book volumes.

Very Kind Regards, Danny

My Brother,you are ALWAYS entertaining :D !

In 1954 when the book was about to published in England there was a severe paper shortage.Hence,it was split.A 1,000 page+ tome could not be done nor afforded.

Therefore,Tolkien had to also come up with names for the three,much to his discomfort! :slapface:

His original title for the third was "The War of the Ring" which was rejected.Thus: "The Return of the King" which may have given the ending away,...but not so,...

KB (I shall go east,to Rivendale)

Hi Danny,all,

My Brother,you are ALWAYS entertaining :D !

In 1954 when the book was about to published in England there was a severe paper shortage.Hence,it was split.A 1,000 page+ tome could not be done nor afforded.

Therefore,Tolkien had to also come up with names for the three,much to his discomfort! :slapface:

His original title for the third was "The War of the Ring" which was rejected.Thus: "The Return of the King" which may have given the ending away,...but not so,...

KB (I shall go east,to Rivendale)

Hi Kev,

I remember that paper shortage in 54, we used leaves and things as arse-wipes, well so me mum and dad said, i wasn't born then. :blush::lol:

But why 6 books in 3 volumes?

I would love to visit Lake Town and chase the Balrog out of Moria, how you might ask? i would go there in the rainy season. ;)

Dol Amroth, Minas Tirith, Helms Deep, a boat trip up Anduin, to kiss an Elf (i have already kissed a Dwarf :P) what a holiday that would be, I'll have to make do with the Wilds of Kent again this year i suppose. :(

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny,all,

I remember that paper shortage in 54, we used leaves and things as arse-wipes, well so me mum and dad said, i wasn't born then. :blush::lol:

But why 6 books in 3 volumes? [

First,let's go camping! :D

Paper shortage.You don't ask Tolkien to do half way,...thus the 6 'books'

I would love to visit Lake Town and chase the Balrog out of Moria, how you might ask? i would go there in the rainy season. ;)

Here again is the rub,in "The Hobbit" there more common names in the "TLOR" there are more specific names.

Question/trivia:

What year did Tolkien revise "The Hobbit'?

Dol Amroth, Minas Tirith, Helms Deep, a boat trip up Anduin, to kiss an Elf (i have already kissed a Dwarf :P) what a holiday that would be, I'll have to make do with the Wilds of Kent again this year i suppose. :

Which is silly,all Dwarf women have beards,which one? :lol:

Arwen

Hi Danny,all,

First,let's go camping! :D

Paper shortage.You don't ask Tolkien to do half way,...thus the 6 'books'

Here again is the rub,in "The Hobbit" there more common names in the "TLOR" there are more specific names.

Question/trivia:

Arwen

Hi Arwen,

Question/trivia:

The Hobbit, Revised in 1951, i think.

Question:

Misses BIGDAN of course. :P:lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Hi all,

'The Hobbit' was first published as a childrens book in 1937,...

I have read the trilogy every year since 1973.

KB

hi anjim-san. not meaning to be rude, but why????? :unsure:

i haven't read any of them, but would like to one day. everyone seems to agree that you should read the hobbit first, so i guess i will start there. one day .... :)

i enjoyed the movies a lot, so i imagine i would like the books, but sheesh, i don't think i could get through the same 3 books year after year. what's the reason you do that? i reckon it will take me about a year to get through just one! :P

Hi slave to zep,all,

hi anjin-san. not meaning to be rude, but why????? :unsure:

That's not rude at all!

I do re-read a lot of books,they give my inspiration,hope at times.LOTR is one of those books.It's themes of friendship through dark hours,etc,..have helped me through some tough times. :) Besides I like Hobbits! :P

i haven't read any of them, but would like to one day. everyone seems to agree that you should read the hobbit first, so i guess i will start there. one day .... :)

It is a good start and good read.

]i enjoyed the movies a lot, so i imagine i would like the books, but sheesh, i don't think i could get through the same 3 books year after year. what's the reason you do that? i reckon it will take me about a year to get through just one! :P

If you like them,you'll rush home to read more! :D See above.Happy reading.Middle-Earth is fascinating place,..

KB

Hi slave to zep,all,

That's not rude at all!

I do re-read a lot of books,they give my inspiration,hope at times.LOTR is one of those books.It's themes of friendship through dark hours,etc,..have helped me through some tough times. :) Besides I like Hobbits! :P

It is a good start and good read.

If you like them,you'll rush home to read more! :D See above.Happy reading.Middle-Earth is fascinating place,..

KB

thanks for the swift reply, but i still can't believe you have read them all what, 36 times?! :o you must nearly know them word for word by now! :blink:

great that you get inspiration from them though! :)

• 2 years later...

Archived