Please allow me to introduce myself...

Louby

Hi there!

I'm a total newbie - just joined this very hour and thought I'd say 'Hey'! smile.gif

I'm from Oxford in the UK and only discovered LZ properly last year - obviously I was aware of them when I was younger and knew they were massively important and influential, but I really only got the bug when a friend of mine set about educating me, one album at a time. It was a good summer! cool.gif

I now count LZ up there in my top 3 bands of ALL time and have become (as friends would testify) somewhat obsessed. I recently left a job and my leaving present included 3 Zep books... they know me so well. I also did something yesterday that I never thought I would do, especially as I've always been such a wuss when it comes to needles: I got a Zoso tattoo. (Not that this earns me the right to call myself an uber-fan, as I'm aware I'm still a total 'green' newbie when it comes to the great LZ!!)

Anyway, hope to get involved in some interesting chats and fantastic celebration of the genius, inspired and inspiring talent that is the Zep.

x

Hi there!

I'm a total newbie - just joined this very hour and thought I'd say 'Hey'! smile.gif

I'm from Oxford in the UK and only discovered LZ properly last year - obviously I was aware of them when I was younger and knew they were massively important and influential, but I really only got the bug when a friend of mine set about educating me, one album at a time. It was a good summer! cool.gif

I now count LZ up there in my top 3 bands of ALL time and have become (as friends would testify) somewhat obsessed. I recently left a job and my leaving present included 3 Zep books... they know me so well. I also did something yesterday that I never thought I would do, especially as I've always been such a wuss when it comes to needles: I got a Zoso tattoo. (Not that this earns me the right to call myself an uber-fan, as I'm aware I'm still a total 'green' newbie when it comes to the great LZ!!)

Anyway, hope to get involved in some interesting chats and fantastic celebration of the genius, inspired and inspiring talent that is the Zep.

x

Welcome Louby!

A lot of great people here. Take a little time and read the topics and post as there are so many that have great information on LZ. We also have a few just for fun. Jump in when your ready! :peace:

:welcome2:

Yep...the fever takes hold and there is no cure. The only thing you can do is expose yourself to massive doses of Led Zeppelin to ease the symptons.

Welcome Louby and hope to see you around the forum.

Hi, is the Sympathy for the Devil refence intentional or somehow purely coincidence?

Had the same question in my mind when I saw the thread. :D

Hi, Louby! I'm a newbie too and I'm glad I'm in some way. Great world to explore! :)

Hi there!

x

Hi, Louby, and welcome to the forum (a great forum, btw!). I experienced a similar acute Zeppelin phase (well, except the tatoo part) about 2 years ago. I wait it to pass :D . No signs for that so far. :P

So, like LedZepFvr said, "the only thing you can do is expose yourself to massive doses of Led Zeppelin to ease the symptons".

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes - am feeling the Zep love already biggrin.gif . Am planning on this forum taking over from Facebook in terms of hours spent on the net - surely discussing the Zep is a FAR better thing to do!

Immersion time!

(Oh and yeh... have to admit that the topic was indeed a Stones referencehappy.gif.)

• 2 months later...

Archived