Jimmy Page Book Available NOW!

Dandu

From Ross Halfin's Diary Page March 18:

Spent this morning with Jimmy Page finishing off his book. My friend Chris Vranian in LA found some unpublished Arms plus Firm tour photos which were a nice last minute edition. The book is now done - I think. Jimmy, Kazuyo and I watched some of the Led Zeppelin O2 show, which I'd never seen - it was rocking. I didn't enjoy it that much on the night as I was working. The footage of For Your Life and Nobody's Fault was great.

I bought a LZ photo by Mr. Robert Knight last year and emailed back and forth with Chris Vranian. He mentioned that he knew Jimmy Page and I hardly knew if I should believe him or not. I guess he was telling the truth!

I wouldn't worry about that.

You get the feeling that they aren't really thinking of their fans with the way they sometimes set the prices on items such as this.

Your right. I think they need to focus on their fans. It makes the artist successful. Right?

Genesis Publications produces high-end, limited edition books. It should be painfully obvious a book limited to 2,500 copies and developed with extensive involvement of the subject is not intended for casual fans. If you want an inexpensive Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page photo book there are several available at Amazon.com, ebay.com and at your local bookseller. When you walk into Cadillac dealership you don't expect to pay Ford prices and vice

versa. If you think this book is overpriced don't buy it. The Deluxe Edition sold out in the blink of eye. 'Nuff said.

Genesis Publications produces high-end, limited edition books. It should be painfully obvious a book limited to 2,500 copies and developed with extensive involvement of the subject is not intended for casual fans. If you want an inexpensive Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page photo book there are several available at Amazon.com, ebay.com and at your local bookseller. When you walk into Cadillac dealership you don't expect to pay Ford prices and vice

versa. If you think this book is overpriced don't buy it. The Deluxe Edition sold out in the blink of eye. 'Nuff said.

Deluxe edition sold out in the blink of an eye? I guess I should be happy I got in when I did. Maybe should have bought 2 and sold one to make up the cost for keeping one.

I bought a copy as well. As a long-time fan and even though my budget is stretched right now, I simply couldn't pass over this item.

A friend of mine who's always bugging me for my Jimmy Page worship asked to see the book when I get it. He didn't even give me a jab bout it!

I bought the collector's edition.

How surprising is that choice of cover photo? I love it though.

well apparently jimmy must like it, it was his passport photo, wasn't it? personally i think it's one of the worst pics of him i have ever seen. not one i would have picked at all, but there ya go.

on another note, i too have the george harrison book ( the normal hardback one ), i had no idea it started out as a genesis limited addition. guess there's hope for the rest of us yet!

are any of the funds raised from this page book going to charity?

I ordered the collectors edition on Thursday. I am just happy to have gotten one at all as this maybe Pagey's only autobiography. I more interested in what he put in it than what the cover looks like, though I do love that picture from '77.

I ordered the collectors edition on Thursday. I am just happy to have gotten one at all as this maybe Pagey's only autobiography. I more interested in what he put in it than what the cover looks like, though I do love that picture from '77.

Other than caption for the photos.... there's not oginh to be a lot of text, right ?

Other than caption for the photos.... there's not oginh to be a lot of text, right ?

They're going to all his own pictures, too from what I understand. (At least mostly - he may have needed permisson from the different photoraphers.) But, he was a big part of putting it together.

From Ross Halfin's Diary Page March 18:

Spent this morning with Jimmy Page finishing off his book. My friend Chris Vranian in LA found some unpublished Arms plus Firm tour photos which were a nice last minute edition. The book is now done - I think. Jimmy, Kazuyo and I watched some of the Led Zeppelin O2 show, which I'd never seen - it was rocking. I didn't enjoy it that much on the night as I was working. The footage of For Your Life and Nobody's Fault was great.

I'm surprised no one picked up on this. What footage were they talking about? I'm sure Jimmy's not gonna just sit around watching audience footage from youtube. Could this mean that the concert is indeed on pro film and does exist?

Jimmy Page has officially put pen to paper about his career for the first time in this limited edition.

His words take the form of extended captions, which describe and document pivotal moments and events.

He has also included visas, photos and stamps from his own passports.

Jimmy's own words, combined with his hand-picked photographic selection make this limited edition an historical document and a definitive visual record of a remarkable life of music.

so yeah there will be text :)

about the o2 footage i think i heard that it was filmed and page has decided not to release it

i dunno............a grand is a lot

but...........i look way back in time and see the things i did buy for big money...........and the things i passed on

and.........i dunno.........gonna think it over

i'm much more likely to give it all to someone anyways..........rather than look to capitalise on the deal

toughie

(shit i think i just summed up that autobiography mighty quickly)

dont try to find excuses for not buying it :P

the book will be great if you dont wanna give up so much money its cool but dont degrade something we havent seen yet

Archived