Jimmy Page Book Available NOW!

Dandu

Jimmy Page has officially put pen to paper about his career for the first time in this limited edition.

His words take the form of extended captions, which describe and document pivotal moments and events.

He has also included visas, photos and stamps from his own passports.

Jimmy's own words, combined with his hand-picked photographic selection make this limited edition an historical document and a definitive visual record of a remarkable life of music.

so yeah there will be text :)

about the o2 footage i think i heard that it was filmed and page has decided not to release it

I think extended captions would be fun to read, especially if they are penned by The Master himself !

(Of course Pro footage of the O2 show exists, it's official release, if ever, is debatable. Too bad there all those monitor glitches.... Maybe if they'd just had another 2 weeks, they could have got those glitches to a minimum !)

Jimmy Page Now Available to Pre-order

Your Exclusive Invitation

Thank you for registering your interest in Jimmy Page's new limited edition. We are now offering an exclusive invitation to all registrants to view the book online. The signed edition is available to pre-order from a hidden microsite. Please follow the links below, visit www.JimmyPageBook.com, or call Genesis on +44 (0) 1483 540 970.

...cograts Dandu, tks for posting this link and here is just another interesting fact about release date:

One thing I just noticed… Jimmy put the book on sale on the anniversary of Crowley writing the Book of the Law. Do with that what you will (shall be the whole of the law).

http://www.youdopia.com/2010/04/09/jimmy-pages-book-costs-more-then-600-im-honestly-on-the-fence/

I'm surprised no one picked up on this. What footage were they talking about? I'm sure Jimmy's not gonna just sit around watching audience footage from youtube. Could this mean that the concert is indeed on pro film and does exist?

Somewhat off topic but of course pro-shot footage exists, 16 cameras were used that night. However, it's more likely they were watching the Third Eye or Katz Eye bootleg release.

(Of course Pro footage of the O2 show exists, it's official release, if ever, is debatable. Too bad there all those monitor glitches.... Maybe if they'd just had another 2 weeks, they could have got those glitches to a minimum !)

Keep in mind monitor glitches won't end up on tape, they're just references for the performers. Though the glitches might result in musical errors.

Keep in mind monitor glitches won't end up on tape, they're just references for the performers. Though the glitches might result in musical errors.

Just curious (without staying off topic: so, are you saying that the musicians used some of the visuals as timing cues (rehearsing them in advance) for dynamic parts of the songs and those may have caused some (minor) errors?

I've seen both the 3rd and Katz Eye version.

R B)

Just curious (without staying off topic: so, are you saying that the musicians used some of the visuals as timing cues (rehearsing them in advance) for dynamic parts of the songs and those may have caused some (minor) errors?

I've seen both the 3rd and Katz Eye version.

R B)

Reids, I understood the reference to "monitors" to mean the speakers used by the boys on stage to hear (or monitor) their own performance, not monitors as in video screens. You can imagine it is hard to sing or play an instrument if you cant hear what you are outputting.

Back on topic for a sec, I am kicking myself for not buying the deluxe version of Jimmy's book. Can't believe how fast it sold out. By the time you are spending 700 on a book, what's another 400...

Does anybody know if US buyers are going to have to pay some sort of import tax on the book?

I was telling a co-worker about the book, and he said that when the courier delivers it, I will have to give him money for an import tax.

I never heard of this before- is this true?

Does anybody know if US buyers are going to have to pay some sort of import tax on the book?

I was telling a co-worker about the book, and he said that when the courier delivers it, I will have to give him money for an import tax.

I never heard of this before- is this true?

I hope not as I am having it delivered to a neighbor since I am at work all day. I have bought books and tickets from the UK before and I don't remember any import tax.

Today my credit card company called to confirm that the transaction was legit which was reassuring.

I hope not as I am having it delivered to a neighbor since I am at work all day. I have bought books and tickets from the UK before and I don't remember any import tax.

Today my credit card company called to confirm that the transaction was legit which was reassuring.

Virus Snake had posted after my post that books are exempt from import duties no matter the cost, so we're ok. I think there are other people here on this board that have ordered from Genesis Publications before, so if there was a tax they probably would have mentioned it. I'm having mine sent to my husband's job and I wanted to make sure that there wasn't going to be that issue, as he is not exactly too thrilled that I bought this in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

any news yet?

my cad is still not charged

My card was charged in full on April 28th for the Deluxe edition. I think it was like $1130 - ouch. I shouldn't complain though because with postage it was 720 pounds and I was charged $1.57 per 1 British pound which is a great conversion rate these days. About 12-18 months back, I would have paid over $1400. I hope to get the book sometime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered mine (collector's edition), so excited!! I have tried to rationalise to my husband who just doesn't have any passion for music why I have to have it! I'm so looking forward to it arriving.

Does anyone know if there is an official release date other than just June?

I just ordered mine (collector's edition), so excited!! I have tried to rationalise to my husband who just doesn't have any passion for music why I have to have it! I'm so looking forward to it arriving.

Does anyone know if there is an official release date other than just June?

I can't wait either! Just found out that Genesis has finally charged my credit card (was getting worried because other people on here had their cards charged a while ago & even got a receipt in the mail which I never got) so I'm guessing that the arrival date of the book is going to be based on when you placed the order- I ordered mine a couple of weeks after the pre-order was announced so I probably will be getting mine a little later than those who ordered right away, which means I might not get it until July.

I just spoke to Genesis Publications. They said they have had well over a thousand orders over the bank holiday weekend just for the Page book so it looks as though it will sell out soon (they didn't know what limited number I would be getting). I'm so glad I ordered mine when I did.

They said the books will start shipping at the end of June, and I will probably receive mine early July.

i just got off the phone they told me that the books will start getting published late june and they ll start shipping out early july.

from what i can understand mid-late july is the best bet for us international customers....slapface.gif

Reids, I understood the reference to "monitors" to mean the speakers used by the boys on stage to hear (or monitor) their own performance, not monitors as in video screens. You can imagine it is hard to sing or play an instrument if you cant hear what you are outputting.

Back on topic for a sec, I am kicking myself for not buying the deluxe version of Jimmy's book. Can't believe how fast it sold out. By the time you are spending 700 on a book, what's another 400...

Yes. I understand regarding the stage monitors. I accidently copied the wrong quote reference in my response to video instead of audio). Thanks for responding, though, Dandu. :)

Hope y'all get your books soon. I'd love to see one when they're available. Enjoy. :)

R B)

i just got off the phone they told me that the books will start getting published late june and they ll start shipping out early july.

from what i can understand mid-late july is the best bet for us international customers....slapface.gif

July? - I can't wait that long!!! :o At least being in the UK I'll hopefully get mine quickly. Anyway at least I have something to look forward to. :D

Since I ordered the book I can't stop thinking about it, what it's going to be like and whether it will live up to my expectations.

I got a copy of It Might Get Loud today on DVD (haven't seen it yet) - I'm going to watch that tonight. Maybe that will pacify me until the book arrives! B)

Yes. I understand regarding the stage monitors. I accidently copied the wrong quote reference in my response to video instead of audio). Thanks for responding, though, Dandu. :)

Hope y'all get your books soon. I'd love to see one when they're available. Enjoy. :)

R B)

you definitely like that one!

watch the extras too

Archived