Dzldoc

ally

Talked with Charlie this morning . He will be going thru another 10 treatments and they are scheduled for every other week. Needless to say, they are not fun and he is experiencing some severe side effects. His spirit however is as strong as ever. Clearly, he will respond here himself when he is up to it but, he does appreciate all of the support and well wishes . It was good chatting with him smile.gif

Ally:

I'm happy that you have a friendship with Charles..Please say hello from me during your next call..thanks

Juliet

I'd be happy to Juliet beer.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten about ya and look forward to hearing from you !

Be strong my friend and we'll be the same smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dzldoc, I got a kick out of your posts when I was in here awhile back. Sure hope you are doing okay.

So true, Dzldoc your posts are always interesting and informative! We miss you. Fighting serious illness is very hard, my mom is suffering small cell lung cancer and having a tough time with the nausea. She has lost all her hair again (she was in remission for six months and unfortunately now it's back to the chemo) but she says at least now she feels cooler in the super hot weather (her hair had grown back in thicker than ever after her initial chemo sequence of six 3-day treatments) - and she doesn't have to worry about washing and styling it. Thank heavens for her good attitude, especially since she almost refused the repeat treatment sessions when she heard she was no longer in remission. I live on another continent and can't be there to help out but sure wish I could.

Just noticed that your member title is Mr Fahrenheit, sure hope that means hot weather doesn't bother you and that you're feeling better every day.

Charles, I want you to know that your strength gave me strength! I got out of back surgery in complete agony. And I actually cried it hurt so bad. And then I thought to myself, just think of what our friend Charles is going through. I gained strength and hope just thinking of you! My prayers are with you every night.

Charles, I want you to know that your strength gave me strength! I got out of back surgery in complete agony. And I actually cried it hurt so bad. And then I thought to myself, just think of what our friend Charles is going through. I gained strength and hope just thinking of you! My prayers are with you every night.

Well said . I find myself taking a bit of Charlies inspiration with me everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

Charles, if there is any way for you to read this, or for someone to read it for you, you are in our thoughts and prayers. I have had my own issues lately, medical, and I can totally relate to what you are going though and how it feels to stare at our own mortality and to think about so many things. It makes many things in our day to day lives look so trivial and brings us to the realization that they are trivial. But just know that you are in our thoughts, prayers and are not forgotten. I know some of the newer members do not know you but they should know of you! Wishing you the best and hope that somehow these words reach you charles!!!

Archived