Robert Plant

letty_ruth

Is anyone else aware of a person going by the name of Robert Plant on Facebook? I have him added as a friend but I don't think it"s really him, I don't wish to come straight out and imply that this is an imposter but this person can't even spell the band name correctly 'as I have pointed out via a comment on their wall" to which I received abuse for from another FB user.lol Loyal fan or naive dreamer. This person claiming to be Robert Plant has never spoken nor replied to any message I have left, as a matter of fact I don't see any comments replied to on this wall. I did message another person who has this RP as a friend and he claims to have chatted with him for about ten minutes, said that it was really RP and that he was a very pleasant fellow. I have recently seen others that have been accepted as friends by this person posting queries about his authenticity as well and have pointed out some very true facts about incorrect info relating to Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin. What do you guys think about this and more importantly what would Robert Plant think? Will the real Robert Plant please come forward??;)

Is anyone else aware of a person going by the name of Robert Plant on Facebook? I have him added as a friend but I don't think it"s really him, I don't wish to come straight out and imply that this is an imposter but this person can't even spell the band name correctly 'as I have pointed out via a comment on their wall" to which I received abuse for from another FB user.lol Loyal fan or naive dreamer. This person claiming to be Robert Plant has never spoken nor replied to any message I have left, as a matter of fact I don't see any comments replied to on this wall. I did message another person who has this RP as a friend and he claims to have chatted with him for about ten minutes, said that it was really RP and that he was a very pleasant fellow. I have recently seen others that have been accepted as friends by this person posting queries about his authenticity as well and have pointed out some very true facts about incorrect info relating to Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin. What do you guys think about this and more importantly what would Robert Plant think? Will the real Robert Plant please come forward??;)

He doesn't use FaceBook, Letty - it's an imposter.

I should have explained, he is actually using a pic of RP and lists Led Zeppelin as his employer, although he spells the band name incorrectly as well as a bunch of other misinformation about the real RP.

there are lots of jimmy pages on there too. none of them are real.

i am a friend ( facebook friend! ) of peter frampton though, and his is real. he has posted many, many personal photos, and yesterday he posted " welcome to all my new friends, and yes, i do read all the posts...". he has a new cd out, i quite like it too!

i am a friend ( facebook friend! ) of peter frampton though, and his is real. he has posted many, many personal photos, and yesterday he posted " welcome to all my new friends, and yes, i do read all the posts...". he has a new cd out, i quite like it too!

I'm friends with Nik Turner (founding member of Hawkwind) on facebook.

The imposer thing is so strange and sad

"When in doubt-- rule it out"

Some of the labels put up pages but that is usually noted by the site with some type of official banner along with links on the official web pages

Anne Rice the writer is on Facebook and she has a link on her website and I think youtube page.

and a lot of celebrities and musicians do have real pages and they seem to make it well known that they are who they are or that an assistant is handling the page. Most of the Social networks work on keeping the fakes out and provide a list of real pages and ask people to report fake pages...most provide some form of proof either web links or a current photo or video and a message about which social network they belong to on the page or during an interview. The fakes usually provide nothing but many work hard at faking it--my friend and I have keywords that if the "person" uses them on stage or in an interview then we can verify it lol

Be careful I've heard of some horror stories of fans getting duped by people

On the flip side it would be hard for a celebrity or famous person to have a page and remain anonymous but many do...it seems they usually have two pages one for fans and a private page for family and friends

Good luck

I think the interaction with fans has to be a bonus for many celebrities and musicians--plus it's free advertisement ;)

Archived