Led Zeppelin.Com Members Reunion

DMachine

By definiton for there to be a reunion there would have had to have been one held before but there wasn't. Even so, some members of the forum are friends and do meet offline.

Thanks, I didn't notice my grammar was erred, I guess my Brooklyn English is getting rusty after 35 years of living in Italy! :D

I did mean if there was ever a semi-official get-together of forum members. Of course, if anyone lived near me we'd have a beer every now and then, but a LZ.com meeting (I thought) would have been interesting maybe in the UK or NY.

I'm up for anything Zeppelin in the NY area.

There was a 1st anniversary get together of the reunion concert in Toronto on 12/10/08.

About fifteen people who attended the reunion show were there, myself included.

A very small get-together was planned for 12/10/09 but it got snowed out.

Hopefully Robert or Jimmy or John Paul will do something in NY this year so

that a get-together could be done in conjunction with a show.

I did mean if there was ever a semi-official get-together of forum members. Of course, if anyone lived near me we'd have a beer every now and then, but a LZ.com meeting (I thought) would have been interesting maybe in the UK or NY.

It's one of those things that comes up from time to time but never happens. There is a good chance I'll be meeting Ally in Seattle or Vancouver on my way through later this week.

It's one of those things that comes up from time to time but never happens. There is a good chance I'll be meeting Ally in Seattle or Vancouver on my way through later this week.

And it's gonna cost ya too tongue.gif

Has this been ever done or attempted?

It would be amazing and (who knows) maybe a band member could be invited! biggrin.gif

This would be cool- I would definitely try to go.

The closest thing like that I ever went to was in Sept. 1988, there was a Led Zeppelin Convention at a hotel in the Meadowlands, New Jersey.

Too bad this board wasn't in existence then (hell the internet wasn't even invented yet!)

Hi Robo! I recognize YOU! ;) The next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I should give you and your sister a call!

I've met a few inactive/former members.

About three years ago---holy crap--it was THREE years ago, I met Evster2010 and Obsessedw/Zeppelin when my boyfriend and I were in Southern California for a visit. We had fun!

About two years ago--again, holy crap--it was TWO years ago--I met Bonzoisgoodstuff. We both attended the same university. It was interesting--I think she was praying I wasn't a serial killer prior to our meeting. ;)

Again, about a year and a half ago, I met Magic Sam. I flew to Boston in attempt to have a Zeppelin friends reunion, but everyone bailed on us--it ended up being the two of us and a few of his close friends. My mom was convinced I was going to be murdered by a serial killer.

Every single one of these people were as awesome in person as they were on the Internet. BIGS is the only person I met via the internet that I did not know for years via the internet. She was the only one I was nervous about meeting, but we became Sunday movie buddies. No one misrepresented themselves in any shape or form.

Hi Robo! I recognize YOU! ;) The next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I should give you and your sister a call!

About three years ago---holy crap--it was THREE years ago, I met Evster2010 and Obsessedw/Zeppelin when my boyfriend and I were in Southern California for a visit. We had fun!

About two years ago--again, holy crap--it was TWO years ago--I met Bonzoisgoodstuff. We both attended the same university. It was interesting--I think she was praying I wasn't a serial killer prior to our meeting. ;)

Again, about a year and a half ago, I met Magic Sam. I flew to Boston in attempt to have a Zeppelin friends reunion, but everyone bailed on us--it ended up being the two of us and a few of his close friends. My mom was convinced I was going to be murdered by a serial killer.

Every single one of these people were as awesome in person as they were on the Internet. BIGS is the only person I met via the internet that I did not know for years via the internet. She was the only one I was nervous about meeting, but we became Sunday movie buddies. No one misrepresented themselves in any shape or form.

So it was like an "on the road" meeting with members! Thanks for sharing you stories! I guess whoever has intentions of traveling might decide to get in contact with members they met on this great forum!

Adding my two cents, if anyone comes to Italy ( I live near the Pompei ruins / Amalfi coast) maybe we can meet ... if you don't think I'm a serial killer. :D

HI! how have you been? You met these peopel in person? That's cool. He all had some good times in the long long ago. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived