Led Cream?

royalrumpus

Jack Bruce: Cream will not reform

"I'm doing something very exciting - so much so I can't even talk about it," he said.

"It's the most exciting project I've ever been involved in."

Maybe a secret project with Jimmy Page???? :rolleyes:

I remember when this came out. He later apologized, claimed he was drinking. Jimmy sat next to him

at an awards show after that as well...and what a great way to hide a possible collaboration until the last minute. I know I'm stretching but what else do I have??

• 3 weeks later...

This WILL NOT happen. Jack Bruce hates LZ related things & Daltrey cant carry a tune with his worn out vocals.

Also, neither one of them can stand next to Jimmy as a musician anyway. Jimmy is too good for these two.

Horse crap.

• 2 weeks later...

You kids realize without Cream there would never have been a Zeppelin.

I mean, you folks DO realize this, yes?

Bruce and Page would make for an epic collaboration, regardless if it was just a lone studio album or whatever else. I hope they actually do something together.

No i doubt it , I don't want it to happen anyway. I think I read something somewhere that one of the cream members were talking shit about Zeppelin. They were obviously jealous

Also..............FUCK CREAM

You sir, are a douche. Cream was an awesome band if you are talking in purely music terms. The influence they had on the '70s music scene (Zeppelin included) is undeniable. I'm pretty sure Ginger Baker was a big influence on Bonzo as well, I remember reading something about it but I can't be bothered digging it up now.

They pretty much forged the way for other 'super-groups', of which a certain member of Led Zeppelin is now in.

You sir, are a douche. Cream was an awesome band if you are talking in purely music terms. The influence they had on the '70s music scene (Zeppelin included) is undeniable. I'm pretty sure Ginger Baker was a big influence on Bonzo as well, I remember reading something about it but I can't be bothered digging it up now.

They pretty much forged the way for other 'super-groups', of which a certain member of Led Zeppelin is now in.

I love Cream as a band, they're undeniably great. As characters I think they're somewhat petty and small, particularly Bruce and Baker. Bruce sniffs that JPJ is "just" a session guy, and he should know better. His recent diatribe about Page not being on par with Clapton is ridiculous and unnecessary too. If you're great and you know it, there's no need for that crap. One of the things that makes Page so cool is his willingness to give credit where it's due as far as other musicians are concerned.

I love Cream as a band, they're undeniably great. As characters I think they're somewhat petty and small, particularly Bruce and Baker. Bruce sniffs that JPJ is "just" a session guy, and he should know better. His recent diatribe about Page not being on par with Clapton is ridiculous and unnecessary too. If you're great and you know it, there's no need for that crap. One of the things that makes Page so cool is his willingness to give credit where it's due as far as other musicians are concerned.

Yeah, I agree with your sentiments about Bruce and Baker. I never did say that I liked the members (specifically those two). Jack Bruce just gives off a vibe of maybe being a wee bit jealous of Zeppelin. Heh.

This WILL NOT happen. Jack Bruce hates LZ related things & Daltrey cant carry a tune with his worn out vocals.

Also, neither one of them can stand next to Jimmy as a musician anyway. Jimmy is too good for these two.

Yes jimmy page is great i am a big jimmy page fan but theres so many better guitar player than him """Steve howe of yes paco de lucia etc...

Yes jimmy page is great i am a big jimmy page fan but theres so many better guitar player than him """Steve howe of yes paco de lucia etc...

So what. Technical proficiency is overrated. Steve Howe, for example, is a soulless pedant, who wouldn't know how to ROCK if you stuffed his ass with jalapenos. And I would personally prefer to listen to a poorly recorded bootleg of Johnny Thunders on an extremely off night than anything Vai, Satriani etc ever produced.

Moreover, I don't think even ol' Stumblefingers himself would ever have claimed (or wanted) to be 'The Best Guitarist In The World'. In terms of technical proficiency, there are probably thousands of kids shredding away in their bedrooms right now, laughing at all JP's mistakes. However, the bedroom is exactly where they will stay.

On the other hand, when it comes to song- and riff-writing, expressive and emotive soloing and production/arranging, JP is and will remain unsurpassed.

In terms of technical proficiency, there are probably thousands of kids shredding away in their bedrooms right now, laughing at all JP's mistakes. However, the bedroom is exactly where they will stay.

On the other hand, when it comes to song- and riff-writing, expressive and emotive soloing and production/arranging, JP is and will remain unsurpassed.

:goodpost:

I couldn't say it better!

You kids realize without Cream there would never have been a Zeppelin.

I mean, you folks DO realize this, yes?

Well, I'm not a kid and I love Cream, but I don't "realize" this. :huh: I was around at the time, and I could have sworn that the two bands evolved quite separately, even if they obviously had some common influences (as did most bands at the time). Jimmy Page's musical background wasn't dependent on Cream at all--I'm having a hard time seeing why you think it was.

Well, I'm not a kid and I love Cream, but I don't "realize" this. :huh: I was around at the time, and I could have sworn that the two bands evolved quite separately, even if they obviously had some common influences (as did most bands at the time). Jimmy Page's musical background wasn't dependent on Cream at all--I'm having a hard time seeing why you think it was.

My points exactly. I couldn't really find how CREAM really influenced Led Zeppelin at all.

Cream was the first band that played with massive volume. They were the first to take the blues structure to someplace else entirely different. They were the first rock band to improvise on stage. No you'd never confuse them with John Coltrane or any other great jazz group of that era, but they stretched out their studio tunes and nobody else was doing that before them. Don't take my word for it, do the research yourself.

Audiences sat and listened. Cream created "rock music". Listen to "As You Said" from Wheels of Fire and convince me Jimmy Page didn't get influenced by the raga folk element of that particular tune.

Sorry, I realize fandom has no end but I stand by my original statement about Cream. I'm not talking about the Beatles or the Rolling Stones or even The Who, all of that was something different. I'm specifically referring to what was termed "heavy" music which turned into "hard" rock which lasted for well over a decade or more. Cream was the blueprint, everybody else followed.

This doesn't mean Zeppelin wasn't any good either, they surely were. But they didn't just fall out of the sky. I never met Jack Bruce or Ginger Baker so I don't know how they are as people. I'm not sure I care either. They were brilliant and ground breaking and that's all that matters.

Archived