Hello from the deep south

justawoman

Hi ya'll!

It's good to know that I'm not alone with my obsession. I'm totally and hopelessly obsessed with Led Zeppelin.

Page and Plant cast a spell over me a very long time ago and I have not been able to shake it (nor have I really wanted to). I saw Led Zeppelin in New Orleans May, 1973 and then again in Baton Rouge Feb. 28, 1975 and I've been longing, yearning to see them again ever since. Had tickets to the '77 New Orleans show, but sadly that show had to be canceled. Put in for the London show in '07 but as you all know, the odds to buy tickets to that show would have been like winning the lottery, literally.

My husband and kids get tired of me talking about Zeppelin, so . . . it's good to know I have a lot of Led Headed company.

Hi ya'll!

It's good to know that I'm not alone with my obsession. I'm totally and hopelessly obsessed with Led Zeppelin.

Page and Plant cast a spell over me a very long time ago and I have not been able to shake it (nor have I really wanted to). I saw Led Zeppelin in New Orleans May, 1973 and then again in Baton Rouge Feb. 28, 1975 and I've been longing, yearning to see them again ever since. Had tickets to the '77 New Orleans show, but sadly that show had to be canceled. Put in for the London show in '07 but as you all know, the odds to buy tickets to that show would have been like winning the lottery, literally.

My husband and kids get tired of me talking about Zeppelin, so . . . it's good to know I have a lot of Led Headed company.

Welcome!! I was at those events as well in 73 and 75, and scheduled for 77. Like you I tried to get tickets to the 02 and could not. I hope we talk soon, and again welcome to the forum :welcome2:

Hello there from another part of Louisiana! I wasn't at those shows (though I was at the O2), but I guess I'm around the same vintage. B)

Hi Aquamarine, it's good to hear from another Louisianian.

I can't believe you were at the O2 concert!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo jealous. How in the world did you get tickets? Have to know from someone 'who was there', was it fabulous or a tad disappointing (as I've read from some music insiders)? I can't image that I wouldn't have just been in total awe. I probably would have wept.

Thanks all for the welcoming. Glad to be here. Also, Deborah J and Aquamarine it's good to know that I'm not the only one who Led Zeppelin has 'kept young' and that I'm not some crazy older person going through a mid-life crisis.

Hi Aquamarine, it's good to hear from another Louisianian.

I can't believe you were at the O2 concert!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo jealous. How in the world did you get tickets? Have to know from someone 'who was there', was it fabulous or a tad disappointing (as I've read from some music insiders)? I can't image that I wouldn't have just been in total awe. I probably would have wept.

Thanks all for the welcoming. Glad to be here. Also, Deborah J and Aquamarine it's good to know that I'm not the only one who Led Zeppelin has 'kept young' and that I'm not some crazy older person going through a mid-life crisis.

Trust me, it was fabulous. You'd have loved it! It's so easy to nitpick every bum note listening to the bootleg after the event, but every music fan knows that the power and atmosphere of a live show transcends all of that, especially when it's a band you've wanted to see again for so many years. And in fact they were in top form, I felt like crying myself to realize how good they all still were. :) (Oh, and I got tickets by being really really lucky to have friends who pointed me in the direction of someone with a spare ticket. I'll never underestimate my good fortune!)

Hi ya'll!

you can't imagine how much I envy you!! "since I've been loving" LZ I was enchanted by their magic, I always thought that my greatest wish was to see their live in the 70's!! an unattainable desire for age reasons (I was born in 1967) ... .. I think I'm the only woman in the world who would like to have a few more years, instead of having a few years less, just for having the chance to see them live !!!!!biggrin.gif

you can't imagine how much I envy you!! "since I've been loving" LZ I was enchanted by their magic, I always thought that my greatest wish was to see their live in the 70's!! an unattainable desire for age reasons (I was born in 1967) ... .. I think I'm the only woman in the world who would like to have a few more years, instead of having a few years less, just for having the chance to see them live !!!!!biggrin.gif

Hi annam, it's nice to meet you. You know when I saw LZ in '73 I was 15, and 17 when I saw them in '75. I wish though at the time, especially the '73 concert, that I would have really appreciated the magnitude of the event. Being young and naive, I didn't fully grasp the impact that LZ would have on my life and music culture in general. I knew they were good and that I really liked them, but I was young, stoned, having a good time and wish I could remember the concert better. I wish I could go back in time, relive the events and burn them into my memory!!!!!!!! Oh well . . . . . .

• 3 weeks later...

:) Welcome to the forum, I saw zep in BR in 77 and had tix to the 77 NO show as well.

Whole lotta nice folks around here and very informative threads about zep as well as non

zep topics, hope you enjoy yourself here!

:) Welcome to the forum, I saw zep in BR in 77 and had tix to the 77 NO show as well.

Whole lotta nice folks around here and very informative threads about zep as well as non

zep topics, hope you enjoy yourself here!

Thanks dzldoc! So far I've enjoyed this forum very much. I only have to add:

WHO DAT?

As an official member of Who Dat Nation, it's been a long time coming. Can't wait for next season.

Archived