What are the best Led Zep boots out there?

Electrophile

A hell of a lot of shows are out there in various guises,but for me a couple of indespensable ones would be:

'Listen To This Eddie' (L.A. Forum,'77)

'Plays Pure Blues' (Dallas,'69)

'Live On Blueberry Hill' (L.A. Forum,'70)

'v1/2 Performed Live In Seattle {Seattle,'73)

'Mudslide' (Vancouver,'70)

'Tribute To Johnny Kidd and The Pirates' (Soundcheck,'73)

'Studio Rehersals' (mostly third and fourth album run throughs)

'Dallas '75'.

There are a zillion more to choose from,but these are a couple that I keep going back to.Happy listening.

lets not forget about Destroyer or Live in Japan

What's the easiest way to get hold of bootleg CD's ?

Hi,

CDs are hard to find and expensive. Now most often only poor quality CDRs.

Google will find quite a few places you can acquire the music.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

check out southampton 73 uk from any torrent site. crystal quality and top-form show!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Southampton sounds absolutely perfect but man that is a really bad performance haha. There are way better shows from 73 after that.

I'm a big fan of the '73 shows, instrumentally they were at their hottest that year. These soundboards are all great:

5/13/73 Mobile, AL

5/14/73 New Orleans, LA

5/19/73 Fort Worth, TX

5/28/73 San Diego, CA

5/31/73 LA Forum

7/17/73 Seattle

And for the all-time most bad-ass instrumental Zeppelin, look no further than Germany in March '73. Don't know what go into them that month, but Bonham and Page were never more aggressive instrumentally, before or after that month. The hour of soundboard tape from Vienna on 3/16/73 and the hour of soundboard from 3/21/73 in Hamburg are incredible. Dazed & Confused from those shows show them at their most awesome ever.

I'm a big fan of the '73 shows, instrumentally they were at their hottest that year. These soundboards are all great:

5/13/73 Mobile, AL

5/14/73 New Orleans, LA

5/19/73 Fort Worth, TX

5/28/73 San Diego, CA

5/31/73 LA Forum

7/17/73 Seattle

And for the all-time most bad-ass instrumental Zeppelin, look no further than Germany in March '73. Don't know what go into them that month, but Bonham and Page were never more aggressive instrumentally, before or after that month. The hour of soundboard tape from Vienna on 3/16/73 and the hour of soundboard from 3/21/73 in Hamburg are incredible. Dazed & Confused from those shows show them at their most awesome ever.

This is great stuff. Unbelievable jamming. It doesn't get much better than this. I have this, but many thanks.

^ You just wonder what got in to Bonzo that month in '73. He did rolls and stops/starts in March '73 that he literally never did before that month, or after. What made him get so aggressive and bad-ass, just that month? I mean, he always ruled, but he was on another level in March '73.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard many bits of boots on youtube, but Southampton was is my first complete one i have.The quality is excellent, and I think that Thank You on this boot is by far the best performance I've ever heard of that particular song!

Definitely, one of the better versions of Thank You including , "BBC 1971", 9/4/70, 6/25/72 and 6/3/73.

It's almost heresy, and I'm without doubt in the minority, but I would have preferred to have seen Southampton get released over "How The West Was Won" ('cos Page and Shirley worked on Southampton as well, after all). I mean, HTWWW is good, but I listen to Southampton way more.

As for acquiring the recordings, why shell out the bucks for 'em? Fuck that...plenty of torrent sites and blogs to download from! Many of the best sources for shows appear online first these days.

It's almost heresy, and I'm without doubt in the minority, but I would have preferred to have seen Southampton get released over "How The West Was Won" ('cos Page and Shirley worked on Southampton as well, after all). I mean, HTWWW is good, but I listen to Southampton way more.

As for acquiring the recordings, why shell out the bucks for 'em? Fuck that...plenty of torrent sites and blogs to download from! Many of the best sources for shows appear online first these days.

That one little JPJ mellotron keyboard snippet from Southampton must've been your doing in!!

It wasn't enough for me to prefer this show.

HTWWW rules!! :lol:

Probably the decision was based on Robert's voice. In '72 it was still strong and high, and he was singing the notes as on the albums. But Jan '73, he was losing it, it was cracking often and was lower. Instrumentally they were hot in both 72 and 73, so the tiebreaker is Robert's voice, I think.

I'm no expert at all, but with new pc with decent audio I'm really apreciatling Spokane 68 specficallly pat's delight . It really feesl like like I'm right there.!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d-RZFxwcX0

He is unreal hear

Spokane and the Whisky are great because you get to hear Bonzo before he got the 26" kick. Still sounds like Bonzo, though, doesn't it? He is something else

Yes i also prefer Southampton> HTWWW. Page's work on Southampton suites my taste more.

To me, the 71 tour is the whole band at it's best. This show may not be turning up on every body's radar but it is certainly one of the best examples of just how tight the band really where on this tour

Toronto 71 Audience tape

To me, the 71 tour is the whole band at it's best. This show may not be turning up on every body's radar but it is certainly one of the best examples of just how tight the band really where on this tour

Toronto 71 Audience tape

Great version. Love it!

Archived