Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

Wow! That guy really sounds like Robert!

I think that this is the closest we will ever get to hearing Led Zeppelin live again.

Just close your eyes and visualize "The Song Remains The Same" images, and you will be magically taken back to a Led Zeppelin concert again!

Congratulations and Thank You to Jason for putting together a high quality band and show!

What about Merrillville, IN on Oct 21 (I think?). That should be about 6 hours away from you. Of course, it's not New York...

Thanks Janet! I will check into it.

There has been a tradition of arson in the past but they normally target vacant residential buildings and small businesses. This concert is being held at the Fox Theater, a beautifully-restored venue in the heart of a downtown entertainment district located about 100 yards from the freeways (escape routes). No worries whatsoever. Go to the concert if you can.

Thanks, Steve!

I have relatives that live in West Bloomfield, north of Detroit. My niece plays in the Detroit Civic Symphony and I attended one of her concerts at the downtown Orchestra Hall and then her high school graduation at the Detroit Opera House in June. Each conrner, parking garage, and parking lot around the venues were heavily guarded by police to protect the patrons from the dozens of people pan handling in the area. It was a bit scary around there after dark. Detroit would be about four hours by car from me and I could visit my brother and sister in law, too. Still, I am a little concerned that the concert is on Devil's night.

James Dylan

Lead Vocals

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience

I wonder if the other members of JBLZE are from the Virtual Zeppelin group off youtube? He sounds amazing! Can't wait to see other videos up on youtube of the first gig.

hmmmm, now I should really go to the Merrillville, IN show...not for sure if I can get off work since it is on a Thursday and a 3 hour drive to Merrillville one way....would need to take two days off work..... :Thinking:

Thanks Janet! I will check into it.

Thanks, Steve!

I have relatives that live in West Bloomfield, north of Detroit. My niece plays in the Detroit Civic Symphony and I attended one of her concerts at the downtown Orchestra Hall and then her high school graduation at the Detroit Opera House in June. Each conrner, parking garage, and parking lot around the venues were heavily guarded by police to protect the patrons from the dozens of people pan handling in the area. It was a bit scary around there after dark. Detroit would be about four hours by car from me and I could visit my brother and sister in law, too. Still, I am a little concerned that the concert is on Devil's night.

Don't be, the Fox Theater area is very safe, Comerica Park, Ford Field, all within a rocks throw. Plenty of parking very lit up etc...watch out for scammers charging to park in a lot they don't however own though.

I wonder if the other members of JBLZE are from the Virtual Zeppelin group off youtube? He sounds amazing! Can't wait to see other videos up on youtube of the first gig.

hmmmm, now I should really go to the Merrillville, IN show...not for sure if I can get off work since it is on a Thursday and a 3 hour drive to Merrillville one way....would need to take two days off work..... :Thinking:

It didn't even cross my mind that the singer from Virtual Zeppelin could be part of this project! His vocals are about as Plantish as I've ever heard.

Holy cow, I wish Jason the best with this project. Looks like a winner!

JasonBonhamLZX20250.jpg

Vocals:

James Dylan

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesnorthernva

Guitar, Pedal Steel, Keys:

Stephen LeBlanc

http://www.myspace.com/slebmusic

Bass:

Michael Devin

http://www.myspace.com/machinedevilmusic

Drums:

Jason Bonham

http://www.jasonbonham.net/

Thanks for the info Steve. Looking forward to this next month in NYC.

This from Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience bassist Michael Devin:

"Tonight's show was somethin' else. I don't really know how to describe it. I don't want to bother. Beyond words, really. Led Zeppelin fans are so committed to the songs and so, so intense. I love playing this music so much. Best rock band ever. It's called Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience. Come check it out. It's a really great show...promise."

• Administrators

Incredible opening night for the JBLZE! Jason is extremely pleased with the gig last night and it will only get better as the tour progresses.

I've posted the setlist on Jason's site:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The opening night of the Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience tour was a fantastic show! Jason would like to thank the fans for the well wishes and support.

Setlist of the first show included: Immigrant Song, Celebration Day, I Can't Quit You Baby,Your Time is Gonna Come, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Dazed and Confused, Lemon Song, Thank You, Moby Dick, [intermission] Act 2: Friends, Since I've Been Loving You, Black Dog, The Ocean , The Song Remains the Same, I'm Gonna Crawl, Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir. Encores: Whole Lotta Love, Rock & Roll.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jasonbonham.net/diary.html

oh, Levee too

......Thanks Everybody for the latest updates, enjoyed the videos, and the Set List, I will be very honest, it is my favorite!!!...Friends!!!...the stage lighting is intoxicating, Vintage Zeppelin...love the purple color, the stage itself brings back all the memories of the colorful era...

Thank you Jason for thinking of this Profound Tour...looking forward to your performance with your colleagues...

Edited by PlanetPage

Incredible opening night for the JBLZE! Jason is extremely pleased with the gig last night and it will only get better as the tour progresses.

I've posted the setlist on Jason's site:

The opening night of the Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience tour was a fantastic show! Jason would like to thank the fans for the well wishes and support.

Setlist of the first show included: Immigrant Song, Celebration Day, I Can't Quit You Baby,Your Time is Gonna Come, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Dazed and Confused, Lemon Song, Thank You, Moby Dick, [intermission] Act 2: Friends, Since I've Been Loving You, Black Dog, The Ocean , The Song Remains the Same, I'm Gonna Crawl, Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir. Encores: Whole Lotta Love, Rock & Roll.

jasonbonham.net/diary.html

oh, Levee too

Awesome set list. All of my favorite LZ songs!

According to this link: http://www.ledzeppelinnews.com/2010/10/jason-bonham-pleased-as-led-zeppelin.html

Bonham is accompanied on this tour by the following musicians:

Lead guitar - http://mysp.ac/JBLZEax

Vocals - http://bit.ly/JBLZEvox

Keyboards, lap steel, 2nd guitar - http://bit.ly/JBLZEkeys

Bass - http://bit.ly/JBLZEbass

Tony Catania is lead guitar and Steven LeBlanc keys, stell, and 2nd guitar. Interesting that they have two guitarists. I wonder if he does any of the overdub layering that Jimmy would add afterwards in the studio.

I saw Plant and Krause at the Fox a couple years back. As mentioned, it's pretty safe. Park close and don't go for a long walk after the show. There used to be trouble with arson on Devil's Night, but that was a pretty long time ago. I don't live in Michigan anymore but I haven't heard of any bad incidents in a long time.

I'm going to see the tour in November. Can hardly wait! I saw Jason play at the memorial concert for his Dad in LA recently. He was in great form.

Local Arts & Entertainment

Jason Bonham takes a trip down Led Zeppelin memory lane

October 5, 2010

by Christine Skorepa

Prince George Citizen staff

He's not going to cry. At least he's taken measures to make sure he can get through most of the show without choking up.

Jason Bonham, along with Annerin Productions, has created a live stage show with state-of-the-art sound and light, music videos, home movies and photos on giant screens.

The show is a tribute to Jason's father, the late John Bonham, drummer for Led Zeppelin.

Jason is honouring the 30th anniversary of John Bonham's death -- Sept. 25, 1990 -- with 30 shows presented during the Led Zeppelin Experience tour.

Prince George will see the second show in the series, Saturday at CN Centre.

The band has been ranked VH1's No. 1 of 100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock, No. 1 on Classic Rock's 50 Best Live Acts of All Time, and BBC Two series I'm a Rock 'n ' Roll Band as best Rock 'n' Roll band of all time.

Jason is a world-class drummer in his own right, having played more than 200 shows a year for the last four years for Foreigner. He also played with Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones at Led Zeppelin's 'final' show at London's 02 arena in '07.

Jason's tribute to his dad spans John's Led Zeppelin career. Jason will be performing with video of his father so in essence they will be playing songs together.

"Some of the stuff will be pre-recorded to accompany the visual on the screen behind me," Jason said. "It's hard enough (to keep emotions in check) on some of the film footage we have - I was just watching some the other day and I haven't seen it in 30 years and in one of the scenes it's eight days before he died so it's hard, but it's also cool to see even though in the back of your mind you're thinking 'my God - eight days later he was gone.'"

The show will have its sad moments but it's going to be a celebration of the music John contributed to the world during his life, Jason added.

"He's touched so many people," he said. "It's a great honour and privilege just to do this tour."

The show will be a trip through time, Jason said. Each segment of the concert will be an hour and ten minutes long.

"The show is a trip through time and how Led Zeppelin affected my life and I will share my first memories of the band, so with interaction of some old movies on the big screens and time lines will be setting the mood with kaleidoscope visions when the songs are playing," said Jason. "It's pretty huge and pretty colossal - everybody I've explained it to says 'you're kidding me!' and you're just going to have to come and see it. Don't be one of the people who missed it because this is a one-time thing."

Jason said he'll be pretty approachable when he's in town.

"I'll be the guy walking around the whole venue and I'll be the guy with the baseball cap and glasses on - that'll be me," Jason said.

Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets.

Visit www.jblze.com to hear the touring band's version of Kashmir.

http://www.princegeo...lin-memory-lane

Edited by SteveAJones