Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

Deborah, it was indeed an emotional night, as I heard our fav Band's music being performed on stage for the first time, that too in company of my Son, (He is Zep literate along with his own DJ stuff or what-ever the young people do now days - He has his Shop in the basement) LOL!!! .... we were Section 105 Row 8 (side staged South/West corner - fantastic view). It was relatively intimate evening

Jason was graced with at least 3 or 4 Standing Ovations... Moby D Performance was so fascinating, my son was just moved as in beyond his expectations, never seen before, it was too amazing.

(Jason remained engaged with the audience quite a bit, throughout the performances, remained true to his word that it was all about his Father, and that he is his Son paying Tribute to Him)

Deborah - at least two musicians have long hair - how's that for remaining faithful to the 70's!!! ;)

...Thanks everybody for the videos, (I will post some later)

and Kiss of Fire, that is excellent review from Winnipeg Sun, it is perfectly honest, as I saw it...( I couldn't see what was happening on the main floor, too crowded, dark);

I looked around constantly for audience reaction....I honestly cannot think of single person complaining around me, or looked bored, it was really magnificent evening!!!!

Winnipeg is a very lively place for sure, great fans to say the least!!!

PlanetPage, what a great and memorable night for you! I can't imagine when I hear Moby Dick after seeing his father do this in 73 and 75. I can't even watch the one on you tube without getting emotional!!

I still like long hair...LOL and love to see audience reactions. Thank you for sharing a great overview of some highlights. I am counting the days.....

Reids, Tony Catania sounds great!!

kiss of fire- that article from the Winnipeg Sun was beyond a great read. Thank you for posting it.

Thanks to all contributing to this. Looking forward to reading/listening to a lot more ;)

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Whole lotta love for Jason Bonham

By DARRYL STERDAN, Winnipeg Sun

Last Updated: October 18, 2010 1:33am

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience

Sunday, Oct. 17

MTS Centre

Sun Rating: 4 out of 5

At first, I thought the guy two rows down was having a seizure.

One minute, he was sitting there listening to Jason Bonham and his band play Stairway to Heaven. The next minute — when the drums kicked in — the dude just started lurching and flailing. Was he choking on something? Nope. He was rocking out, air-drumming with Baby Bonzo. And when the big power chords of the song's final movement came along, his arena seat was no longer able to contain his rockgasm. He leapt to his feet — only he was apparently unable to decide whether he should keep hammering the beat, switch to air guitar or just pump his fist in the air and scream "AND AS WE WIND ON DOWN THE ROOOOAD!!!" at the top of his lungs. So he did the only thing he could do: He did it all at once.

He wasn't alone. He was just one of 4,200 Zeppelin freaks — from headbanded kids getting their first live taste to grizzled hippies-turned-IT-guys reliving their Man-Pop halcyon days — who took in Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience at MTS Centre on Sunday. And spent much of the 140-minute show screaming, cheering and generally behaving as if they were at an actual Led Zeppelin concert. My, my, my, they were so happy, they sang and danced in celebration. They were in the promised land. Or as close as they're likely to get in this lifetime, anyway.

You could say the same for Bonham. The 44-year-old son of drummer John (Bonzo) Bonham has had two Led Zeppelin experiences of his own, filling his father's drum throne at reunion shows in 1988 and 2007. But after singer Robert Plant put the kibosh on a full-scale return — and guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones were unable to find a way to move forward without him — Bonham found himself at loose ends. So he put together this 30-date tour to mark the 30th anniversary of his father's untimely death after a drinking binge. It's part rock show, part tribute concert, part multi-media extravaganza — there are some sweet home movies of both Bonhams as youngsters. But mostly, it's a way for a son to carry on his dad's legacy.

"Welcome to a night of respect for my father and for Led Zeppelin," said the bald, goateed Bonham in his David Brent accent. "Everyone knows who Bonzo was, but John was my dad. He was a great dad. Not the beast or the animal everyone talks about."

Of course, his dad also happened to be the greatest drummer in rock. "We're all fans and that's the main thing," Bonham acknowledged. "It's been 30 years since my dad passed away, but the music, still today, sounds so fantastic." And while home movies are nice and all, music was what the fans came for. And primarily what they got. Kicking off with (what else?) the iconic snare-and-hi-hat bash of Rock and Roll, Bonham and co. cranked out a 20-song set that included signature hits, album tracks, blues workouts, bombastic epics and even a couple of deeper cuts for the hardcores.

The first thing you noticed: Singer James Dylan sounded exactly like Plant. As he oughta; he fronts the tribute band Virtual Zeppelin. The second thing you noticed: With his chrome dome, goatee and shades, he looked like he should be fronting a Judas Priest cover band. Hey, are Steel Dragon still around?

Likewise, guitarist Tony Catania sounded exactly like Page. As he oughta too; he played on Bonham's Zepset tribute album more than a decade ago. He knew every lick and solo by heart — and could even rock the Theremin on Whole Lotta Love, though he apparently drew the line at taking a bow to his sunburst Les Paul. He even had his hair pulled back in a teeny tail like Jimmy (though he really looked more like Furio from The Sopranos). Jonesy's duties, to his credit, had to be divided up between erstwhile Whitesnake bassist Michael Devin and keyboard / pedal steel / rhythm guitarist Stephen LeBlanc. Both of them filled JPJ's large shoes without stepping on anyone's toes.

As for Bonham, well, what can you say? He's a chip off the old rock. He learned to play at his father's feet. He's spent decades collecting, studying and mastering his dad's beats, fills, grooves and techniques. Sure, he cheats a little by using a second bass pedal. But hey, even if he isn't quite the force of nature that his old man was — and who is? — there's nobody more qualified for his job. He proved that conclusively and handily, thundering away behind his green Ludwig traps as the band moved through the slinky Celebration Day before slowing down with I Can't Quit You Baby, the churchy Your Time is Gonna Come and the bluesy Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. A mighty Dazed and Confused — which evolved from slogging blues to blazing rocker, though the band had to rein in the time a bit — was a smart segue into the funky Lemon Song.

But the real highlight (and literal centrepiece) of the evening was a rendition of the drum solo Moby Dick, with Jason recreating the original solo and then duetting with his father's 1970 Royal Albert Hall performance on video. "This is something that hasn't been tried — since yesterday," he cracked. "And it almost didn't work then." Though the video was glitchy, it held together on this night, with both Bonhams thrashing away in unison like a herd of stampeding water buffalo. Jason even snapped a drumstick during the proceedings, but carried on without a hitch. Even better: It only lasted about six minutes, instead of the half-hour solos Bonzo dished up in the '70s. In any case, I suspect the massive cheers that followed weren't for Bonham's brevity but his bravery in attempting the feat — and pulling it off.

After a well-deserved 20-minute intermission, the second act opened with more home movies. First, young Jason drummed to Dr. John's Right Place, Wrong Time while his dad slapped a conga. Then John played along with Ike and Tina's Nutbush City Limits while Jason clowned. Then came the piece de resistance — a hilarious clip of Jason shaking his groove thang to Gary Glitter's Leader of the Gang. "What was I thinking?" he laughed before counting the band into Good Times Bad Times. It took me a minute to notice that now he was playing an orange Vistalite kit identical to the one in the video. Nice touch.

A slow-burning Since I've Been Loving You came next, followed by a Black Dog that felt a little rushed, but earned Bonham technical points for mastering its shifting, syncopated time signature. But even he can't do it all — he laid off during When the Levee Breaks, letting the band rock out to a loop of Bonzo's original low-slung groove. The only problem: It didn't change for the refrains, which sounded kinda amateurish. But the audience, now mostly on their feet, had no complaints about The Ocean — which flowed well from funk to shuffle — and the majestic Over the Hills and Far Away. The left-field choice I'm Gonna Crawl came next, followed by a few clips from the Zeppelin reunion show in 2007. Then it was hitsville in the home stretch: Stairway (with Catania on double-neck SG) brought out the lighters. It was chased by the massively grooving Kashmir (with kaleidoscopic Middle Eastern visuals) and an encore of Immigrant Song and (what else?) Whole Lotta Love, with the latter earning all that and more from the rapturous fans.

And why not? Sure, you could be a purist and whine that they're just a glorified tribute band, and Jason is cashing in on his father's name, and his so-called Experience really is just a few old videos that don't reveal much about his father, his life or his career. But I'll tell you this: I saw Zeppelin twice, in 1977 and 2007. And while this was no substitute, it was close enough for rock 'n' roll. In fact, these guys probably play Zeppelin tunes with more reverence than Zeppelin did in later years. Catania's solos were cleaner than some of the ones I've heard come out of Page's fingers. And Dylan can hit the high notes in Immigrant Song, which is more than you can say for Plant these days.

So who cares if they're a Zep tribute band? They might just be the best one on the planet. After all, one of them has actually played with Zeppelin. And if you closed your eyes and listened very hard on Sunday, the tune would come to you at last. You could easily forget you were an old IT guy and imagine you were still a young hippie, savouring the real thing back in the day.

No wonder that dude was rocking out.

darryl.sterdan@sunmedia.ca

Set List — Act I:

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

I Can't Quit You Baby

Your Time is Gonna Come

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

Dazed and Confused

The Lemon Song

Thank You

Moby Dick

Act II:

Good Times, Bad Times

Since I've Been Loving You

Black Dog

When the Levee Breaks

The Ocean

Over the Hills and Far Away

I'm Gonna Crawl

Stairway to Heaven

Kashmir

Encore:

Immigrant Song

Whole Lotta Love

Your Comments

pmd, October 18th 2010, 7:06pm

Great show last night. First off, all players were great. But the guitarist was outstanding. He clearly stole the show. A virtuoso player - great stuff - i have a new appreciation for Jimmy's playing capacity and invention - terrific sounds. Jason is a very good drummer, but i would add that he not only used a 2nd bass drum pedal, but he also electronicaly enhanced his sound to make it much larger than it should have been. That is, he used delay to beef up the sound during the solo. Which is ok, it sounds great, but it also covers up a lot a stuff that might otherwise shine through. I think he's good enough to play as his dad would have - with just 2 sticks. Cutting the double bass drum pedal and electronics would make it better.

angie atkinson, October 18th 2010, 1:17pm

I enjoyed it so much - I would see them again if they came back to Winnipeg, I've been to alot of concerts in my day, and have never witnessed the massive talent I did at the Bonham concert !! way to go guys :)

j.kubik, October 18th 2010, 12:40pm

Went to see Jason Bonham last night with my 19 year old son. We really enjoyed them nice to see how much he still misses his Dad after all this time. Thank-you for agreat show and lets get them back again. Since us Winnipegers love there ROCK&ROLL.

P.S. where are the photos in the NEWSPAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!! lets make them color!

Raoul, October 18th 2010, 10:44am

Great show last night! Jason and the lads excellently captured the unique groove of Led Zeppelins' music without trying to be them. No lookalikes...Just heavy, hard-hitting Zep tunes done by a crack band. It was good seeing a lot of the younger generation being blown away by the music as well. My only complaint...Why do those pirates running the MTS Center charge over $7.00 for a bub? Criminal. And Darryl: The guitarist did use a bow, on Dazed and Confused, just like Jimmy always did. Perhaps you were out for a "lettuce break" during this tune? LOL

BMB, October 18th 2010, 10:30am

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised how good they sounded. I didn't know what to expect, but if you closed your eyes, you could have been fooled. The sound techs did a great job in keeping the vocals out front as well as the guitar. I thought the bass was muddy, but that seems to be the case at the MTS center for all shows. (except for the most recent Van Morrison show, where the bass was clear). I brought my 20 yr old son to the show and he actually enjoyed it. Jason Bonham was quite good, but for sure not as good as his dad. Kashmir was really good!

Rick, October 18th 2010, 9:25am

The shows was more than I expected,every kick,every riff,and every note from the lead singer was spot on.Baby Bonzo too had no problem channeling the old man on every tune.To see them blown away by the crowd was great they really seem to be very much inspired .The only thing missing was my hair flowing to the beat.

neil, October 18th 2010, 8:59am

The guy one section down in my row WAS having a seizure...but seized by the ghost of Bonzo was the real story. Walking back to the car with my 10 year old (yes he's a drummer) and seeing him wearing the concert Tshirt with pride was the topper. GREAT SHOW!! and...the killer version of Kashmir in the encore was worth the price right there.

ERG, October 18th 2010, 7:39am

Yes indeed it was a very cool show, was lucky enough to have seen it from the third row, took my thirteen year old daughter and the dude next to me brought along what looked like his eight year old son, one thing for sure is they're gonna be Zeppelin fans for the rest of there lives now! Yes Jason and the rest of the experience sure did not dissapoint! And yes Winnipeg fans gave em a very good response, which in my opinion just gave a little confidence boost for the rest of there tour, but because of the fans in Winnipeg they just seem to of been a little more relaxed and more confident in the second half of the gig. Excellent show, My daughter and myself sure ain't sorry we went!

http://www.winnipegs...8/15728271.html

Edited by SteveAJones

Stairway to Led Zeppelin

Jason Bonham talks about growing up Zep and his tribute to his dad's band

By Ross Raihala

Updated: 10/18/2010 10:06:28 PM CDT

Growing up in England, it took a while for Jason Bonham to fully understand the fame of his father, Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham.

"Not to be harsh about it, but nobody in England really gave a s—-," Bonham said with a laugh. "It's true. In England, they were just guys. My dad would go down to the local pub with the farmers and locals and they'd say, 'There's the long-haired guy again. He's a drummer in a rock band. Make a living out of that, can you?' I can see why they never could have lived in America. They could never have normal lives here, but they could go home and be normal people."

For most of the '70s, Led Zeppelin ruled the hearts of American teenagers. But tragedy stopped the band in its tracks. On Sept. 24, 1980, the elder Bonham started the day with four quadruple vodkas and continued drinking throughout the afternoon. That evening, he died in his sleep. He was 32 years old. Jason was just 14.

Jason Bonham went on to pursue the drums himself and joined the surviving members of Led Zeppelin for a one-off 2007 concert paying tribute to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. The show sparked talk of an LZ reunion that never panned out, nor did plans for Bonham to join guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones with a new vocalist. Instead, Bonham put together a tribute group, dubbed John Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, and a multi-media show that hits the State Theatre tonight. We spoke to Bonham last week and here's what he had to say about his father and his current tour.

ON TAKING UP THE FAMILY BUSINESS:

"My dad was the one who put the drumsticks in my hands at a very early age. But I got very heavily into motocross when I was 10. I saw a motorcycle when we were on vacation in the south of France and fell in love. The first time I ever noticed we were a little different was when we turned up to my first race with my bike attached to the hitch of a Rolls Royce. But after dad's death, I wanted to carry on the family tradition and I have ever since."

ON THE SHOW'S MULTI-MEDIA ASPECTS:

"I center the concert around archival footage. Some of it shows dad as a child, where we're from, what our home life was like. My mom went through all this footage. She has tons and tons of stuff that she's never let out before. I hadn't seen some of this stuff myself. You see my dad as a prankster and a joker. The fans love it. And at one point, I play 'Moby Dick' with my dad. We split the screens and we play together. It's a bit strange. Now, I'm the 44-year-old playing with my 20-year-old dad."

ON LIVING WITH HIS FATHER'S LEGACY:

"It is hard to have your own identity when your dad is John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, but I accept and love the fact of who my dad is. I understand that my dad is the greatest, I just try to play to the best of my ability."

ON THE POSSIBILITY OF PLAYING WITH LED ZEPPELIN AGAIN:

"If you had asked me in 2005, when I had just joined Foreigner, that I would leave the band in 2007 to play with Led Zeppelin, I would have said you're nuts. When Ahmet passed away, I had a feeling they were going to do something and they did. I don't know if it will happen again. I had a great time with them. It was one of the greatest feelings in the world to be in that seat."

ON THE MOMENT BONHAM FINALLY DID FIGURE OUT THE SCALE OF HIS FATHER'S SUCCESS:

"I went to the 1977 show in Tampa, where there were 86,000 people there. I looked at him and said 'Who else is playing? Are the Stones here?' But it was just them. That was a moment to remember."

Ross Raihala can be reached at 651-228-5553.

What: Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, a tribute concert and multi-media show

When: 7:30 p.m. today

Where: State Theatre, 805 Hennepin Ave. S., Minneapolis

Tickets: $52-$42 Call: 800-982-2787

http://www.twincitie...&nclick_check=1

Edited by SteveAJones

PlanetPage, what a great and memorable night for you! I can't imagine when I hear Moby Dick after seeing his father do this in 73 and 75. I can't even watch the one on you tube without getting emotional!!

I still like long hair...LOL and love to see audience reactions. Thank you for sharing a great overview of some highlights. I am counting the days.....

Reids, Tony Catania sounds great!!

kiss of fire- that article from the Winnipeg Sun was beyond a great read. Thank you for posting it.

Thanks to all contributing to this. Looking forward to reading/listening to a lot more ;)

Can't wait to see this concert event!!! :D

Thanks, Deb. Great video as a sneak preview beforehand.

R B)

Jason Bonham.MPG-Regina 10/16--I am speechless..this is so amazing!!

Deborah - I have to agree with you... That is an awesome clip! :goodpost: I hope you don't mind but I added it to the home page on my website at Bonzo Bros. Drums. Your enthusiasm for Zeppelin is appreciated and quite contageous! I hope you have a night to remember at the JBLZE show!! Take care...

The Jason Bonham Led-Zeppelin Experience Fundraiser

Every night on the tour Jason will be raising money for various local and national children's charities.

Volunteers will be selling special laminates for $20. $5 from EVERY laminate sold will go to that evenings featured charity. Every laminate is sold with a ticket which enters you into a drawing for the winner and ONE guest to meet Jason Bonham after the show and receive a signed drum head.

Tickets is drawn from the merch stand IMMEDIATELY after the show.

Winner MUST BE PRESENT to win.

Every laminate also contains a special code, which enters you into a drawing to win Jason's CUSTOM LUDWIG VISTALITE KIT. The winning code will be posted on www.jblze.com at the end of the tour.

ludwiglam.png

http://www.jblze.com...php?page=Ludwig

Edited by SteveAJones

TONIGHT IN MILWAUKEE

** SPECIAL VIP MEET AND GREET **

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience

Wednesday, October 20 • 06:30PM: Rock Bottom Brewery

A VERY LIMITED AMOUNT OF TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT – ACT QUICKLY! VIP TICKETS DO NOT INCLUDE TICKETS TO THE SHOW!

ALL GUESTS RECEIVE:

• A meet and greet, photo and autograph session with Jason Bonham & Led Zeppelin Experience Band

• A SIGNED Jason Bonham Drum Head

• Complimentary Rock Bottom Brewery Appetizers

http://www.pabsttheater.org/

The Jason Bonham Led-Zeppelin Experience Fundraiser

Every night on the tour Jason will be raising money for various local and national children's charities.

Volunteers will be selling special laminates for $20. $5 from EVERY laminate sold will go to that evenings featured charity. Every laminate is sold with a ticket which enters you into a drawing for the winner and ONE guest to meet Jason Bonham after the show and receive a signed drum head.

Tickets is drawn from the merch stand IMMEDIATELY after the show.

Winner MUST BE PRESENT to win.

Every laminate also contains a special code, which enters you into a drawing to win Jason's CUSTOM LUDWIG VISTALITE KIT. The winning code will be posted on www.jblze.com at the end of the tour.

ludwiglam.png

http://www.jblze.com...php?page=Ludwig

Very cool. Thanks for sharing, Steve. :)

R B)

My review. It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. I hope Jason comes out with a CD/MP3/DVD of this tour. I hate the song Thank you. Somehow when I head it with the clips. I teared up. I am not a crier by any stretch. I thought that the song selection was excellent. Jason took the Mystical aspects of Zeppelin and created a set list that was awesome.

I went to that concert on 3 hrs sleep and had to work nights at the hospital. I sucked in every moment of it. I liked that fact that Jason had some class and was not swearing his head off like Motley Crew.

As it stands now. Zep is my favorite band of all time. Only rivaled by James Brown. I wish that Jason would continue this as a regular thing. I would go every year. I hope he mixes up the set list.

highlights for me were. When the Levee breaks. The Lemon song. Babe IGLY. Immigrant song. Even Stairway was done great. I am surpised that Zep did not play WTLB. Jason did a great job with that one.

25 pages is a lot to wade through!

My twopenneth - it's a tribute band. A tribute band made more special by the inclusion of Bonham Jnr.

From what I've seen so far on clips and so on, it looks & sounds great.

If this show was to make it over the pond to Europe, I would happily go along & enjoy every bloody minute of it.

I guess the bottom line is that if hurts you to see Jason & band playing tribute to his father & his band, then stop moaning or don't go. Simples!

...here is one video from Winnipeg so far...my son was really enjoying the show with me...so little shakey

...Jason very intimate with the audience....

http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/planetPage_bucket/?action=view&current=MVI_8747.mp4&newest=1

.....I can't Quit you Babe...just a little snippet...but I am sure I have more videos.....

http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/planetPage_bucket/?action=view&current=MVI_8748.mp4

Edited by PlanetPage

From RollingStone.com:

Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience Does the Band Proud

Zep’s magic was in effect at the opening of John Bonham’s son’s tour

223775_bonham.jpg

By Ritchie Yorke

Oct 20, 2010

Led Zeppelin's magic was in effect October 15th in Dawson Creek, British Columbia as Jason Bonham, the 44-year-old son of late Zeppelin drummer John "Bonzo" Bonham, led his five-man Led Zeppelin Experience through a rousing two-hour-plus set of classics from the Zep canon at the EnCana Events Centre. This was much more than just another tribute band: the Bonham bloodline carries its own responsibilities. With state-of-the-art lighting and effects, dazzling video treatments and a crisp, thundering sound, the JBLZE offered a set of Led Zep gems that were strikingly faithful to the originals. The band tore through a set that included "I Can't Quit You Baby," "Dazed and Confused," "Kashmir," "The Lemon Song," "When the Levee Breaks," "Moby Dick" (which featured a video of father and son pounding out the drum solo) and, of course, "Stairway to Heaven." The encore of "Whole Lotta Love" coupled with "Rock and Roll" earned a standing ovation.

With the home-movie segments and heartfelt voiceovers honoring the 30th anniversary of the elder Bonham's death, Jason portrayed the story of what it was like to be the son of rock's heaviest drummers. Robert Plant had rejected a reported $200 million offer for Zep to undertake a world reunion tour, but Jason has occupied the drum stool for a revived Zeppelin several times, including the acclaimed one-off reunion concert at London's O2 Arena in December of 2007. JBLZE's lineup also includes guitarist Tony Catania, vocalist James Dylan, bassist Michael Devin and keyboardist/pedal-steel guitarist Stephen LeBlanc.

The band plans some 30 shows in the US and Canada over the next two months — for dates and other details, see www.jasonbonham.net.

I don`t mean to burst everyones bubble but I DIDN`T think it was as great as everyone is saying. I was there for the Kamloops show. Don`t get me wrong I enjoyed the whole show and listening to some Zeppelin music for a couple hours is a good thing but....Jason Bonham being blood and all isn`t capable of playing as good as his dad. I was there, I heard it, there`s probably a lot of other drummers that can play just as good as Jason. Jason himself said he can`t play as good as his old man.

The singer was good...but just like Robert Plant today, he couldn`t hit the high notes.

The lead guitar player was pretty good I`ll say. His intro to Since I`ve been... was troubled and not spot on though.

Their set list could have been better I thought. Isn`t Achilles Last Stand one of Bonzos favorites? Didn`t play it. At Knebworth 1979 the intro to "In the evening" with Bonzo lighting up the drums I thought would have been so cool to hear live from Jason. Instead they played "I`m gonna crawl" from in through the out door.(although they did do a great job on this one) It was so cool they played "For your life" at the O2 but sorry not here. Nothing off of Presence was even played. Robert Plant doesn`t sing Stairway on any of his solo tours but Jason did.

I'm wondering what this has to do with the price of eggs in China? You're equating Plant's solo career with Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience?

The guitar player started with an acoustic then went to electric...Thats not the way Jimmy does it.

After all my bashing I will say this...They nailed Dazed and Confused! When the Levee Breaks was awesome! Listening to Jason and John during Moby Dick was wicked and some unseen footage of the greatest drummer of all time was worth the price of admission.

Not a perfect show but then again it wasn`t actually Led Zeppelin...who are perfect.

Sounds like you went in expecting Led Zeppelin and a exact replication thereof. Ain't going happen short of summoning Bonzo back from the great hereafter.

....I can't locate this on my camera from MTS but here is another performance ....... Moby D...........!!! More later...

well, what can be said!!!

update...

I have found my video Mody D from MTS...it's too big...I will try to post it...

Edited by PlanetPage