Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

Another fantastic show Monday night at the Best Buy. I must be the luckiest person on the planet. The morning of the show I figured

I'd hop on Ebay to see what they have for tix even though I had uppers. I was able to score two tix row CC on the right side for only $120.00.

When I got there they wound up being second row! Another night of incredible music, laughs, cries and jblze blowing the roof off the place.

Everything was pretty much the same as the other two shows I've seen except no song remains the same. I, once again, was able to get alot of video

from the very front. At this show security stood there and watched everyone take video. That's pretty rare these days. I've even been evicted at one

venue from videoing and here in NYC where I figured they'd be really tight they were really lax. Gotta love it!

After the show I went right to the front jumped up on stage and grabbed the setlist. I couldn't get one at

the other shows so I figured why not go for it. After the show I also hung around and saw Tony Catania the lead

guitarist and he hooked me up with the meet and greet. He remembered me from Poughkeepsie meet/greet.

Got to meet the whole band again. Scored autographs of all bandmembers on my ticket stubs. SWEET!

These guys are so happy to be doing this show. It is obvious onstage that they truly enjoy themselves and it shows before, during

and after. Tony was very happy that ticketmaster announced that they sold more tix this week than any other show and all reviews

are good.

Jason also mentioned onstage that he thinks that this will continue. I will have to find it in my video so that I can quote it accurately.

Another fantastic show Monday night at the Best Buy. I must be the luckiest person on the planet. The morning of the show I figured

I'd hop on Ebay to see what they have for tix even though I had uppers. I was able to score two tix row CC on the right side for only $120.00.

When I got there they wound up being second row! Another night of incredible music, laughs, cries and jblze blowing the roof off the place.

Everything was pretty much the same as the other two shows I've seen except no song remains the same. I, once again, was able to get alot of video

from the very front. At this show security stood there and watched everyone take video. That's pretty rare these days. I've even been evicted at one

venue from videoing and here in NYC where I figured they'd be really tight they were really lax. Gotta love it!

After the show I went right to the front jumped up on stage and grabbed the setlist. I couldn't get one at

the other shows so I figured why not go for it. After the show I also hung around and saw Tony Catania the lead

guitarist and he hooked me up with the meet and greet. He remembered me from Poughkeepsie meet/greet.

Got to meet the whole band again. Scored autographs of all bandmembers on my ticket stubs. SWEET!

These guys are so happy to be doing this show. It is obvious onstage that they truly enjoy themselves and it shows before, during

and after. Tony was very happy that ticketmaster announced that they sold more tix this week than any other show and all reviews

are good.

Jason also mentioned onstage that he thinks that this will continue. I will have to find it in my video so that I can quote it accurately.

Hello bigzepfan!

Great recap of the concert. Thanks for sharing. I found this on you tube about Jason saying this will continue....two days and counting for me :-)

Hello bigzepfan!

Great recap of the concert. Thanks for sharing. I found this on you tube about Jason saying this will continue....two days and counting for me :-)

You are going to absolutely love it.

I felt is was really welldone between the video, the storytelling and the music of our heroes.

I agree with Superdave that there should have been more from the later albums. It seems most cover

bands focus on II, but any and all zeppeliin is good.

Also, go in early. The shows I saw started just minutes after 8. I actually missed the beginninng of the first show.(shame on me)

assuming they wouldn't start until 830. Not a chance, they were already on their their third or fourth song. Lucky for me I was able

to see more than one show so I was able to see the whole thing.

Enjoy it, Safe Travels and Rock On!!!

The show in NYC didn't start until 8:30, but every venue is different. Security was announcing this outside when the show would be starting, so that was a big plus.

You're right. Looking at the times on my vid NY was spot on 830.

Poughkeepsie was 701.

Here's the clip of Jason saying: "I'm going to keep doing it as long as

you keep coming as it's a part of my life as much as it is you"

It's around 2:00-2:20

Edited by bigzepfan

You are going to absolutely love it.

I felt is was really welldone between the video, the storytelling and the music of our heroes.

I agree with Superdave that there should have been more from the later albums. It seems most cover

bands focus on II, but any and all zeppeliin is good.

Also, go in early. The shows I saw started just minutes after 8. I actually missed the beginninng of the first show.(shame on me)

assuming they wouldn't start until 830. Not a chance, they were already on their their third or fourth song. Lucky for me I was able

to see more than one show so I was able to see the whole thing.

Enjoy it, Safe Travels and Rock On!!!

We made it to Jacksonville! Off to get dressed and get to the venue a little early. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Hello All!

I hope to share my journey of November 13th. Woke up at 5:30AM to begin my adventure. Picked up Reid and his two friends Alex and Leslie, (great people). We drove 450 miles from Atlanta to Jacksonville. It was like the days of road trips and the excitement of heading to something that you know is going to be a memory forever. We talked Led Zeppelin and music the entire trip, of course listening to nothing but Led Zeppelin in the CD player. Get to Jacksonville, check in to the hotel, rest a little and get ready to head out for the night. We arrive at The Florida Theatre just after 6PM. Park and here we are passing one of the tour buses.

JBLZETourBus1.jpg

We pass the bus and approach the theatre

JBLZETheatre.jpg

Reid, Alex, Leslie and myself are standing at the doors waiting for the venue to open. A young man walks up to the glass front door with his little neck loaded down with laminate tags... if you purchased one you received a ticket for a chance to meet and greet with the band as well as helping a charity. This young man was tapping on the glass door as though he were playing drums and through the glass door I stated "when are you going to play drums?". He steps outside the door with this angelic face and smiled. he asked us if we wanted to purchase one, just then he responds to a woman by saying he got them all signed by his Dad by bugging him:-). Low and behold it was Jager, Bonzo's grandson! He talked with us for a little while then went back into the theatre. As we stood outside a photographer walked up and took this photo below (link), I shared my JP album with this young lady and her daughter as I held The Jason Bonham album:

http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=32703254&event=1117148&CategoryID=57820

Finally the doors open at 7PM, we walk in and Jager is now working the entrance of the theatre, letting everyone know about purchasing these for charity and the chance to meet his Father and the band. A young entrepreneur in the making!

They have now taken the ropes down and off we go...we purchase our tshirts and these:

JBLZEsetlistsignedsticksdrum.jpg

^^ The set list (I'll get to how I got that later)...and my ticket.

Then we set off to the doors of the theatre, a man lets us in and we are literally the first members of the audience to take a seat. The Florida Theatre is beautiful. We sat there for almost 20 minutes before anyone else enters. By now our excitement and aticipation is so high!! As I sat there I took a moment and thought about our Charles (Dzldoc) and had a little piece of him there in my heart. I looked at the stage and took a picture of the stage wiating for the musicians to take it over (see photo below). I started thinking about why we are there and I get a lump in my throat, yet at the same time the adreneline is so high as I had waited for this night that felt like it took forever to get here. I just couldn't believe that a little over a half an hour I was going to experience this! People start coming in by now and Jager is now going up and down the walkways still taking care of his task. I know his father must be so proud. The theatre is now full and here we go!!!! The stage lights up and the crowd goes crazy with a loud welcome. The band starts out with "Rock N Roll" and we did. The set list was as follows: Rock N Roll, Celebration, Black Dog, (Video Interlude), Your Time Is Gonna Come, Babe Im Gonna Leave You, dazed and Confused, What Is and What Should Never Be, The Lemon Song, Thank You and MOBY DICK!!! (Intermission), (Video Interlude), Good Times Bad Times, How Many More Times, Since I've Been Loving You, When The Levee Breaks, The Ocean, Over The Hills and Far Away, I'm Gonna Crawl, (Video Interlude) Stairway To Heaven, Kashmir and finally Whole Lotta Love. Every song was getting a huge, loud standing ovation. We all stood over half the time!!

As Jason takes the stage I can feel my eyes start to fill and my tears had no place to go except down my cheeks. You could just feel how much love Jason has for his father. And we let him know that we were beyond happy to share this with him.

The band was beyond amazing, you could not sit still, you just had to move around. The emotions went from grabbing your heart and soul to jumping around with sheer joy. I still cannot believe I am here and right in front of me this magnificent tribute was taking place. As Jason begins Moby Dick with the images of his father behind him on the big screens I am again at a place of such an emotional feeling that I know that this night will be forever in my memory.

We are all standing and cheering loudly and Jason looks directly at me for a few seconds with a huge smile and while on stage sitting behind his drums he says "Hello Deborah"..honest and Reid was there to witness this. I don't know how this happened or how Jason knew who I was, but I felt 100 feet tall. I wished I could express to all of you just how wonderfully touching and emotional this was. As I stated earlier by now we are standing for the most part and the energy was everywhere. We were here to pay tribute to the greatest drummer that has walked this earth through his son's eyes. What an honor to be there.

As someone who was so very privledged to see his father in all his glory and the music that we all love from the greatest band all I can say is GO AND SEE THIS if you can!!

The show ends with an encore of "Whole Lotta Love" and this place was overflowing with it. At intermission I asked the security man if I could get a set list and at the end of the show he had it for me. Then thanks to Reid we met Tony after the show and he talked with us for almost 20 minutes. What a kind man he is. I will post a few photos and I hope you enjoy. Thank you all for allowing me to share this magnificent night with you. Thank you Jason, Tony, Michael, Stephen and James for playing this music and keeping it as close as it can get to the original. Thank you John Henry Bonham for sharing your gift with us.

Edited by Deborah J

Wow, Deborah! What a great review. I felt like I was there with you. That's so cool that Jason said hello and that you met his son! Now, I'm really excited to see the show on Tuesday night here in Houston. I can't wait! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Thanks for that great review, Deborah! What a great experience!

How awesome that Jason said hello to you!

I would have been thinking of Charles, too, in the more quiet moments before the concert started. He is part of my Led Zeppelin Experience due to this forum, and I will always think of him when I hear Led Zeppelin music.

We are all standing and cheering loudly and Jason looks directly at me for a few seconds with a huge smile and while on stage sitting behind his drums he says "Hello Deborah"..honest and Reid was there to witness this. I don't know how this happened or how Jason knew who I was, but I felt 100 feet tall.

I've been waiting all day for you to post. That is so sweet. He probably reads the forum.

Wow, Deborah! What a great review. I felt like I was there with you. That's so cool that Jason said hello and that you met his son! Now, I'm really excited to see the show on Tuesday night here in Houston. I can't wait! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Gigi!

Thank you!! Get ready because it is simply amazing. I have almost no voice from cheering :yay:

Thanks for that great review, Deborah! What a great experience!

How awesome that Jason said hello to you!

I would have been thinking of Charles, too, in the more quiet moments before the concert started. He is part of my Led Zeppelin Experience due to this forum, and I will always think of him when I hear Led Zeppelin music.

Hello 'BUCK'EYE DOC'!!

I am thrilled to share this. It is amazing how this music has brought so many of us together.

Charles if your listening I had you there with us my wonderful friend.

Edited by Deborah J

Deborah, thanks for sharing your precious journey to experience Led Zeppelin again...regardless of time, any journey that includes Led Zeppelin is beyond incredible

today, tomorrow, yesterday.......

Hi PlanetPage!!

You are welcome! So well stated. I'm still pinching myself. Next to seeing Led Zeppelin live this was the best event I have ever attended. :yesnod:

I've been waiting all day for you to post. That is so sweet. He probably reads the forum.

Hello grasphinx!!

Thank you for the kind words. It has been my pleasure to share this. I hope everyone gets a chance to witness this live. I will be looking for any videos from you tube of the night. And I hope Jason does put an official DVD together so that the people that weren't able to attend an event will be able to enjoy it in that format. It was simply a wonderful journey.

:notworthy:

Edited by Deborah J

Hi Deborah...I had been waiting all day for your review and it sounds that you had an awsome time. Thank you so much for sharing. My show is just one week away and now I can't wait.

I too will think of Charles at the show.

He ledzepfvr :-)

Get your tissues ready. The emotions of this event are unbelievable. I have almost no voice. It was amazing to see people from 10 years old to 70 having such a great time together. Looking forward to all attending sharing your night!! I am ready to go again. It truly was one of the best nights of my life. :drumz: