Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

I saw the show in San Jose, two nights ago with my sons, Jake and Tanner (22 and 19) I'm 56. and we had an awesome time. When

Jason would talk to the audience in between most of the songs, I felt like we were all in a big living room and he was just chatting with friends.

He is so sincere, kind and so NOT a rock star. Sharing the fact that he has 14 years of sobriety, still misses his dad, was the sort 

of thing you discuss with good friends. I wish Jason and his band all the best and if they are here next year, I know where I will be.

Airship Pilot (John)

Hi John!

Sounds like you had a great time! I have seen him twice and then again with Heart. All great shows.

I fell out laughing at JPJ and Bonzo with the sword story while Led Zeppelin was in Tokyo. Classic!!!  I wished Jason was coming back to this area :peace:

• 3 months later...

Be interesting to know why this project has always been confined to gigs the US and a few in Canada ? It would certainly be popular in the UK and Europe. I wonder if there is some agreement that Jason will only do this venture in N.America?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, henrybonzo said:

would like to see this show but Jason and the crew have forgotten where the UK is ;)

You have a pic with Jimmy Page...you're never gonna get sympathy from me! ;):P 

I am so excited that Jason is coming to my area, will see him on June 4.   I really didn't expect to see him here but looking forward to it.  I do wonder why he doesn't tour in the UK.  

19 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

You have a pic with Jimmy Page...you're never gonna get sympathy from me! ;):P 

I am so excited that Jason is coming to my area, will see him on June 4.   I really didn't expect to see him here but looking forward to it.  I do wonder why he doesn't tour in the UK.  

haha, yeah i guess i should be happy with that, nothing will ever beat that encounter!

i've messaged JBLZE a few years back and apparently UK dates were in the works, nothing yet, i think he's playing the Jimmy Promise game 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am officially jealous luvlz2. Seen him 3 times? Cool.  I have been close, but something always came up. What Killed me last time is Jason was in my town the same night I already had tickets to see, um, the Kills! Since the Kills are one of my favorite bands touring now (they really rock out live and are so fun to watch) it was a very tough call. I have rarely wanted to be in two places at the same time as that night.

A Whole Lotta Love for JBLZE in Biloxi tonight!! :) 

Jason Bonham is not only a great drummer, he is a fantastic performer.  Sure, he has the greatest material anyone could ask for, but I applaud him and the other talented musicians for playing their hearts out and getting the audience fired up.  They had everyone on their feet tonight, and it got LOUD!

There were so many special moments, from his fun stories, home videos, wiping tears during Thank You, and a fantastic set list (all the fan favorites, and to my delight, SIBLY, The Ocean, and The Wanton Song).  I could have listened to them all night long!

Thank you, Jason, for keeping the music alive, and thank you to Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham for giving us the best music ever made.

p.s.  Near the venue is a street named Percy.  I hope Jason saw it. ;) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No drumsticks were thrown, so this was my souvenir for the night.

• 2 weeks later...
On June 13, 2016 at 0:00 AM, luvlz2 said:

^^^Cool souvenir Ddladner!

Oh my! Thanks for posting, luvlz2, this made my day!! :) This is the one song he did not perform the night I saw JBLZE that I thought for certain he would play.  No complaints, though, we saw a terrific show.  However, I do regret not seeing the home movies that were played at the end of his song, how cool is that!! I thought that during MD, Bonzo starts playing on the screen behind him.  I couldn't tell from this clip if that happened (except that at the end of the song it does appear that Bonzo was on the big screen).  I would loved to have seen this live!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...