Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

I just checked the Ticketmaster website and so far Merrillville, IN is the only date listed. Tickets go on sale Saturday for public, but there is an internet presale that starts tomorrow. Not sure what credentials you must have to take part in the presale. Whether it's an Amex card holder and so on. Tickets are $48-$58. Looking forward to some shows in the NYC area.

Anyone know who will be playing with Jason?

More than likely, we'll see a bunch of dates added within the next two weeks as most concerts/tickets go on sale 2 to 3 months in advance (unless they are late adds).

R B)

Edited by reids

On a different topic but still Bonham related, this is in today's Toronto Sun.

Plant, Bonham kept apart by wife

Robert Plant was once banned from hanging out with wildman John Bonham because the drummer's wife thought the singer was a bad influence.

The late Bonham's wife Pat didn't care for Plant and tried to stop her husband from spending time with him.

The Led Zeppelin rocker recalls, "His wife Pat had banned me from being anywhere near John, because it meant financial doom and distress on all levels.

"In her Black Country brogue, Pat would say, 'Don't go near Planty, it's all gonna go t**s up'."

I just checked the Ticketmaster website and so far Merrillville, IN is the only date listed. Tickets go on sale Saturday for public, but there is an internet presale that starts tomorrow. Not sure what credentials you must have to take part in the presale. Whether it's an Amex card holder and so on. Tickets are $48-$58. Looking forward to some shows in the NYC area.

Anyone know who will be playing with Jason?

The pre-sale code was emailed out members of the online club of the radio station that is sponsoring the show. I joined their online club on Tuesday just for the presale code and didn't get the email that was supposed to have been sent out Wed. I did email the radio station this morning and got a reply. They sent me the email with the presale code in it. Presale starts today, 8/6/10 at Noon Central Time and runs till 11:00am Sat. Central Time 8/7/10. If anyone wants the presale code PM me.

Jason will be on the Mark and Brian show on 95.5 KLOS tomarrow 8/10. Not sure what time though, that was not in the promo. Their show runs from 5-10 pst but they usually have special guests around 8:30 or 9:00. I listen to their show at work but I think they stream it on the internet if anyone has a chance to tune in. It was also not clear wether it would be a in studio or phone interview. Tomarrow will tell.

I dont think i would be interested in seeing a tour of people playing zeppelin songs, the ticket prices will be too high as opposed to the many zeppelin tribute bands out there, I would imagine that because this is headed of by Jason, and no disrespect to him, but the tie in with original zeppelin is so tightly stretched you can almost see through it, and it gives the excuse to put ticket prices up.

how can you get across the story of zeppelin to a new audience and have it done in a credible manner with session musicians standing in the place of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones?

Lets be brutally honest here, for a zeppelin fan, second best just doesnt cut it.

Jason would be better of employing his talents in a totally new group, and break some new ground as his father did in the past.

The show is a tribute to his dad. Tour dates are to be announced on August the 16th. Shows in Riverside and Temecula were mentioned ,so if they are not too terribly expensive I might check it out.

The studio interview was at 8:15 for about 15 minutes. Nice to hear him talk about his dad and the upcoming shows. He also talked about the Black Country project which is suppose to come out in Sept.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Well I doubt I'll get to see this as it looks like a US only tour , that said hopefully will definitely catch Black Country Communion if/when there's a tour.

I think this Led Zeppelin Experience tour will be great, the tribute CD Jason did called In The Name Of My Father was awsome.

Edited by Hand_Of_Omega_91