Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience (Tour)

SteveAJones

Jason will be on the Mark and Brian show on 95.5 KLOS tomarrow 8/10. Not sure what time though, that was not in the promo. Their show runs from 5-10 pst but they usually have special guests around 8:30 or 9:00. I listen to their show at work but I think they stream it on the internet if anyone has a chance to tune in. It was also not clear wether it would be a in studio or phone interview. Tomarrow will tell.

Here's a link to an audio player that you can listen to the interview with, Jason comes on at 8 minutes and 30 seconds, he talks about the 02 reunion, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, Black Country Communion, etc: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144359

I saw Jason Bonham a couple of nights ago on the late night FOX news channel show "Red Eye". His brief interview was about 5 or so minutes long. He said that he was doing 30 shows in 30 days. The number 30 being very significant because 2010 marks the 30th anniversary of the death of his Father (RIP JOHN HENRY 'BONZO' BONHAM). The host asked him who else was playing in what Jason Bonham called the "Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience" (jblze.com). He said that he was not revealing names yet and that he was keeping it close to his vest (cheast?).

Right after I saw this I went to the jblze.com site and under the "tour" tab it says that "Official tour dates will be released Monday, August 16th". Only a few days from today. I just saw Robert Plant on July 23, 2010 in Dallas, Texas and I am sure that I will see Jason Bonham sometime in the next month or so somewhere in Dallas.

I happened to have seen the Jason Bonham band play a very small bar in Illinios, just across the Mississippi river from St. Louis about 10 years ago. I was literally up front (there were no seats) and I was buying Budwiesers and giving Marlboros to the guitarist Ian Hatton. From what I remember there were no more than 100 - 150 people at this gig.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I am ready to see the Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience no matter what the price or the musicians involved. Anything that is Led Zeppelin or Related is always Good enough for me and That satisfies my interest.

I saw Jason Bonham a couple of nights ago on the late night FOX news channel show "Red Eye". His brief interview was about 5 or so minutes long. He said that he was doing 30 shows in 30 days. The number 30 being very significant because 2010 marks the 30th anniversary of the death of his Father (RIP JOHN HENRY 'BONZO' BONHAM). The host asked him who else was playing in what Jason Bonham called the "Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience" (jblze.com). He said that he was not revealing names yet and that he was keeping it close to his vest (cheast?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kWRk7WvDCM

Two other dates have now been added on ticketmaster:

Jason Bonham's Led Zepplin Experience

BERGEN PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

Englewood, NJ Thu, 11/04/10

08:00 PM More Info

on sale:Thu, 08/12/10

11:00 AM

Jason Bonham

Fox Performing Arts Center

RIVERSIDE, CA Sun, 11/21/10

12:00 PM

Tickets still available for the IN show so I am waiting a bit before buying them, want to know who else is playing with him in the band.

Appreciate you posting this- thanks! I might have missed it otherwise... I went ahead and got my tickets this morning and am looking forward to checking this out. Should be a fun night in tribute to Bonzo.

Edited by TonyV

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I am ready to see the Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience no matter what the price or the musicians involved. Anything that is Led Zeppelin or Related is always Good enough for me and That satisfies my interest.

:beer:

Jason Bonham

Fox Performing Arts Center

RIVERSIDE, CA Sun, 11/21/10

12:00 PM

I noted Ticketmaster's mis-spelling of Led Zeppelin in the title of the event.

The added shows at Ticketmaster are NOT listed under Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience.

But, instead are being listed under Jason Bonham, where all of the 3 shows appear.

For anyone that wants to check back with Ticketmaster, I guess checking both listing names will get any new additions for now, until the official release of dates on Aug. 16th.

I just want good seats where I will get the best sound, wherever in the hall that might end up being.

Thesmaller halls are intiamte, so any seat would be good, but in the larger halls, I would want to be not in the top row of the top balcony.... The Star Plaza Theater in IN. seats 3,400. The Fox PAC seats 1,600. The Bergen PACl in NJ seats around 1,300.

I'm not sure where in Dallas Bonham might play.... The Dallas Symphony Hall (2,062 seats), or the Dallas Opera Hall (2,300 seats) would both fit within the hall size announced so far. I checked those sites calendar's and there's no listing (yet) of the Bonham show.

I believe I will go, to pay tribute to Jason's Father, the Greatest Rock'n'Roll Drummer the World has ever known.

SPOILER ALERT - this posting reveals the bass player. This is not official.

By going to the lemon squeezings site and then following a link to another link i just found out

who the bass player is going to be. Of course it's not official so I certainly can't say there's any accuracy

here.

He's from TLM.

:Thinking: :Thinking:

:drumz:

:drumz:

The Lynch Mob

And the answer is:

MIchael Devin

:bravo: :bravo:

saw this on facebook today.

sopposed to be a quote from jason, but i am a bit puzzled by what he says .... i thought it was a tribute to his father, but he says he is ( also? ) doing it to attract jp, rp and jpj to join him onstage. :unsure: i mean, of course i can understand him wanting that ( most of us do too! ), but he says "that's what i'm doing this for " :o

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/jason-bonham-definitely-moving-forward-on-this-who/43326/

"I'm not going to hide it from them," Bonham, who filled his late father John "Bonzo" Bonham's spot and played with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones at the 2007 Zep reunion concert at London's O2 arena, tells Billboard.com. "I will invite them to every show I can, because my goal and dream is, 'Wouldn't it be cool if I did something that they thought was cool and they would get up and play with me?' That's what I'm doing (this) for. I'd love it."

sopposed to be a quote from jason, but i am a bit puzzled by what he says .... i thought it was a tribute to his father, but he says he is ( also? ) doing it to attract jp, rp and jpj to join him onstage. :unsure: i mean, of course i can understand him wanting that ( most of us do too! ), but he says "that's what i'm doing this for " :o

http://www.prefixmag...this-who/43326/

"I'm not going to hide it from them," Bonham, who filled his late father John "Bonzo" Bonham's spot and played with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones at the 2007 Zep reunion concert at London's O2 arena, tells Billboard.com. "I will invite them to every show I can, because my goal and dream is, 'Wouldn't it be cool if I did something that they thought was cool and they would get up and play with me?' That's what I'm doing (this) for. I'd love it."

Initially I also found this comment to be perplexing, but come to think of it yes, it be cool indeed if they all did join Jason one night along the way on Four Sticks, for example, to pay tribute to his father, John Bonham. However, this is highly unlikely.

Edited by SteveAJones

This is interesting...I just checked Ticketmaster and the CA JBLZE date has been pulled off their site and you can't buy tickets for that gig now. Weird!

Very strange indeed. I don't recall ever seeing a show go onsale and then disappear like that.

Anyone???

Very strange indeed. I don't recall ever seeing a show go onsale and then disappear like that.

Anyone???

I've been checking the venues here and the shows are not listed yet. I would think that the tickets would not be offered for sale until the tour dates are officially announced on Monday. Maybe Ticketmaster jumped the gun on that.

Just my take.

sopposed to be a quote from jason, but i am a bit puzzled by what he says .... i thought it was a tribute to his father, but he says he is ( also? ) doing it to attract  jp, rp and jpj to join him onstage.  :unsure:  i mean, of course i can understand him wanting that ( most of us do too! ), but he says "that's what i'm doing this for "  :o

http://www.prefixmag...this-who/43326/

Uh oh. Zeppelin disappointments don't feel good. Hope his emotional steel is up to strength. Jimmy can talk to Robert through the press when they are out of phase, but can Jason talk to the lads? I haven't forgotten about Black Country, even though, just like I was afraid of, Dream Theater has come to call. That's what happens when you jam with Joe Satriani.

November 29th, 2010 | The Centre PAC

Vancouver, BC

November 27th, 2010 | WaMu Theater

Seattle, WA

November 26th, 2010 | Schnitzer Concert Hall

Portland, OR

November 24th, 2010 | Regency Ballroom

San Francisco, CA

November 23rd, 2010 | Pantages Theater

Los Angeles, CA

November 21st, 2010 | Fox PAC

Riverside, CA