Diferrences between original Led Zeppelin cd's and Remastered

zafreth

Hello friends, here Alberto

I have a question and that rises about yesterday i went to a music record shop to buy some remaster Jeff Beck firsto two albums.

I saw some Led Zepp titles, with a "Remastered" in the inner sleeve, so, mi question is about is a new remaster or the 1994 remasters?

Also i have the first press cd of the albums.

And also saw the box set named The Complete Recordings, and those records in the box are remasters?

How many times did led zepp remaster his entire catalog?

Hope someone hel me, thanks.

JAMF

The first Led Zeppelin CDs came out in 1986-87. The first Physical Graffiti CD did not have that studio chatter at the end of "In My Time Of Dying", but was reissued just weeks later with the problem corrected. The first Houses Of The Holy CD has "The Crunge" lead right into " Dancing Days" with barely a space between (which I think sounds great).

The entire Led Zeppelin catalog except for the sound track to The Song Remains The Same was remaster in 1993 and that is when that box set of The Complete Studio Recordings first appeared. The Coda CD in the box set has "Baby Come On Home", "Traveling Riverside Blues", "White Summer / Black Mountain Side", and "Hey Hey What Can I Do" on it as well, but those songs are not on the individual Coda.

I'm sure there are more details to the differences than this, but that's sort of the condensed answer to your question.

For the most part, as time passes and the equipment (technology) for digital reproduction becomes better, with higher resolution's and so on. A lot of time's the labels and/or band's will want to have there old recording's remastered or completely remixed and remastered with this new gear interfaced with the old gear.

This will make thing's sound some-what different, for the good, or, for the bad, depending on the individual consumer's listening taste and the abilities of there home/car sound system.

Hello friends, here Alberto

I have a question and that rises about yesterday i went to a music record shop to buy some remaster Jeff Beck firsto two albums.

I saw some Led Zepp titles, with a "Remastered" in the inner sleeve, so, mi question is about is a new remaster or the 1994 remasters?

Also i have the first press cd of the albums.

And also saw the box set named The Complete Recordings, and those records in the box are remasters?

How many times did led zepp remaster his entire catalog?

Hope someone hel me, thanks.

JAMF

Led Zeppelin tracks were remastered once for cd back in the early 1990s by Jimmy Page and selections of songs were released in a 4 cd box set. Then a second box containing two cds represented the songs ommitted from the first. Then, all the individual cds were released along with a box containing each individual lp.

If you want the best sounding Zep cds, I recommend the Led Zeppelin SHM-CDs from Japan. The SHM-CDs are a special plastic which improves the audio over standard cds. I own all versions and the SHM-CDs are the best out there.

It's really too bad SACD/DVD-A never took off. I remember reading that Page was really excited by it, and the 5.1 surround possiblities that he worked with on "HTWWW." It would be a great treat to hear the studio albums re-worked for 5.1.

Archived