Meet Richard Cole Online (Led Zeppelin ) (May 7th)

SteveAJones

If Richard Cole's purpose in staging an online fan meeting is to promote his book (or himself) it might have been more effective if he responded right on his FB fan page rather than via individual emails to each fan who posed a question.

I don't think there was any self-promotion involved, rather it was a favor to the group but the haphazard nature of the Q&A was disappointing.

now stop stalking my posts trying to cause trouble, it's getting really tiresome.

Oh come on. Don't make me sound so sinister. Geez, what am I, Otto? He's the one who's always trying to rile you up, not me.

I bet if someone they respect - like a Cameron Crowe - came to the boys with a great script and some talented actors to play them, they'd warm to the idea. They've changed their minds before.

Love,

Billy

Oh come on. Don't make me sound so sinister. Geez, what am I, Otto? He's the one who's always trying to rile you up, not me.

I bet if someone they respect - like a Cameron Crowe - came to the boys with a great script and some talented actors to play them, they'd warm to the idea. They've changed their minds before.

Love,

Billy

Cameron Crowe would be a brilliant director/writer. :o IDEA! Maybe if Crowe did a film based on his experiences when he toured with the band interspersed with clips of the band live and some other stuff.

I think the boys largely gave in to Crowe's demand for music, not only because it was Crowe, but because Almost Famous is sort of semi-biographical in a way that pleases them without having to go into all the backstage, after hours nonsense that would overshadow any Zeppelin bio-pic. I see a bio-pic about them being made without Crowe over one with Crowe's involvement.

I think the boys largely gave in to Crowe's demand for music, not only because it was Crowe, but because Almost Famous is sort of semi-biographical in a way that pleases them without having to go into all the backstage, after hours nonsense that would overshadow any Zeppelin bio-pic. I see a bio-pic about them being made without Crowe over one with Crowe's involvement.

Backstage after hours nonsense? Another blowhard who doesn't get it. That "nonsense" as you put it is a HUGE part of the Zep story. No other band made their audience wait for hours so they could do mountains of blow and feast on women backstage before they were "ready" to bring the hammer of the gods. Zeppelin hosted the greatest parties ever known to man. Like Satyricon. Or Caligula. Jimmy loved that stuff, and loves their reputation for it. "We were flying the flag of hedonism!" No movie about Zep would be valid without it. It's hardly nonsense, expert.

Love,

Billy

Backstage after hours nonsense? Another blowhard who doesn't get it. That "nonsense" as you put it is a HUGE part of the Zep story. No other band made their audience wait for hours so they could do mountains of blow and feast on women backstage before they were "ready" to bring the hammer of the gods. Zeppelin hosted the greatest parties ever known to man. Like Satyricon. Or Caligula. Jimmy loved that stuff, and loves their reputation for it. "We were flying the flag of hedonism!" No movie about Zep would be valid without it. It's hardly nonsense, expert.

Love,

Billy

Hate to burst your inflating head but I do get it. The mystique of the band, along with the music is why they are so popular. But that doesn't mean any of them want to see people portray them in situations they would rather see fade into lore. Denial with half a smile is the way they've always played it and the way they will most likely continue doing so until they pass on. Hence why we may be stuck with Almost Famous as a pseudo-bio for now.

Edited by bigstickbonzo

• 2 weeks later...

This from Sean Atkinson of The Richard Cole Appreciation Society:

Hello all.

Richard Cole will be repeating his recent question and answer session this coming Friday, May 28th, at 7pm (London time). Please join in and ask Richard that question that you always wanted to ask. All questions will be asked and answered via the wall so that all answers can be seen by members.

http://www.facebook....gid=42640399682

Edited by SteveAJones

This from Sean Atkinson of The Richard Cole Appreciation Society:

Hello all.

Richard Cole will be repeating his recent question and answer session this coming Friday, May 28th, at 7pm (London time). Please join in and ask Richard that question that you always wanted to ask. All questions will be asked and answered via the wall so that all answers can be seen by members.

http://www.facebook....gid=42640399682

Reminder, if anyone is interested, this is today:-)

I got 2 emails back

one was an answer to, where was the smallest venue and/or audience, this is what he replied

"perhaps Klooks Kleek Hampstead,or the Whisky Los Angeles"

I asked what was the bands favorite city and/or venue...and this was the response:-)

"perhaps New Orleans,always so much fun and good music"

• 7 months later...

This update from Sean Atkinson of The Richard Cole Appreciation Society:

Richard will be doing his 3rd question & answer session this coming Friday, January 14th at 7.00pm (London time). This will be done on the group page; please ask your question and give Richard time to answer. I hope this goes smoothly and I want to thank Richard for taking his personal time to do this. Lastly, I hope you all have fun and maybe get the "Led Zeppelin" (or some other group/singer that Richard has worked with) question you've always had answered by him:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=42640399682

Hi Steve!

I got the notice as well. I am in Florida at a meeting during this time tomorrow. Would you be so kind as to ask the folllowing question/questions :)

1.) Was he (Richard) there the day that they knew they had made it and what was the discussion about?

2.) As there was a lot of negative press about them in the beginning what was the one thing that was stated that made them the most upset and did they have a response or discussion?

I understand if your not able to, but would appreciate it

:thanku:

Hi Steve!

I got the notice as well. I am in Florida at a meeting during this time tomorrow. Would you be so kind as to ask the folllowing question/questions :)

1.) Was he (Richard) there the day that they knew they had made it and what was the discussion about?

2.) As there was a lot of negative press about them in the beginning what was the one thing that was stated that made them the most upset and did they have a response or discussion?

I understand if your not able to, but would appreciate it

:thanku:

Both questions have been put forward to Richard Cole for his consideration.

THANK YOU :) ...any response yet?

Richard Cole was aware on whom's behalf I was asking (Deborah J. of the Led Zeppelin.com Forum) when he answered both of your questions:

Question 1. Was he (Richard) there the day that they knew they had made it (broke the Beatles attendance record) and what was the discussion about?

they were quite excited, but they had already been voted the world's top band some years before.

Question 2. As there was a lot of negative press about them in the beginning what was the one thing that was stated that made them the most upset and did they have a response or discussion?

very little press