Robert Plant 2010 Tour

Oh. I didnt know that. In Rochester, NY he only did Misty Mountain Hop. Unless I was too messed up to remember the others. But I think not.

No way! He was doing 4 to 6 Zeppelin tunes a night on that tour. In the Evening, Black Country Woman, Trampled, Communication Breakdown, Nobody's Fault, among others were all in the rotation along with Misty.

Actually, 'Misty' was the last of the Zep songs that night....but it doesn't matter. I strongly suspect you had a great time that night!!

I'm thinking the same thing. :blink:

In the Evening was the first (I'll never forget that), then BCW, then Trampled, and then Misty was usually the closer, with maybe Communication Breakdown for the encore. Though he closed with 'Back in the USSR' when I saw him in Indianapolis.

No way! He was doing 4 to 6 Zeppelin tunes a night on that tour. In the Evening, Black Country Woman, Trampled, Communication Breakdown, Nobody's Fault, among others were all in the rotation along with Misty.

As the tour rolled on he did play up to 5-6 Zeppelin songs each night.

Oh. I didnt know that. In Rochester, NY he only did Misty Mountain Hop. Unless I was too messed up to remember the others. But I think not.

The setlist from the gig prior to Rochester:

May 10th 1988 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Maple Leaf Gardens

Helen Of Troy

Other Arms

Heaven Knows

In The Evening

In The Mood

Black Country Woman

Ship Of Fools

Little By Little

Dimples

Trampled Underfoot

Billy's Revenge

Misty Mountain Hop

----------Encore 1-----------

Tall Cool One

----------Encore 2-----------

Big Log

Break On Through (To The Other Side)

Note 1: Lyrical reference to Since I've Been Loving You during Heaven Knows.

Note 2: Guitar chord reference to Baby Please Don't Go during Billy's Revenge.

Note 3: Lyrical reference to When The Levee Breaks during Billy's Revenge.

Note 4: Reference to Heartbreaker during Dimples.

Note 5: Guitar chord reference to Dazed And Confused at the conclusion of Dimples.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many Led Zeppelin songs are featured on this tour. Most of those that would compliment Americana music have already been reworked many times over so I'd prefer he not do any but he will.

I meant the first Zeppelin song he did. But it was long ago and I do have a better memory of seeing Led Zeppelin on May 30th 1977 in Landover, MD than of the song list of Robert in the 80s. The Firm concert I also saw. Stevie Ray was great that night too.

I seriously doubt you went to any of these shows.

28 days and counting til I see one our three favorite "Legends" and "Icons", Mr. Robert Anthony Plant, sing in a prestigious Symphony Hall in Dallas, Texas. From what I have seen from the Dallas Meyerson Symphony Hall seating chart, I have a very prime seat. Obviously I am very excited, so I may make another announcement or two as the these 28 days draws closer to that date of July 23, 2010.

By the way, I am not one to brag, but I know that if someone else on this forum could say the things that I am saying, knowing that I do not have a chance to see Robert in the near future, I would be extremely jealous and also very proud and Happy for that person(s) because we all know that they (I) only wish the best to all Robert Plant and, of course, Led Zeppelin fans everywhere around in the World.

any UK dates?

One London date which you can buy tickets for if you preorder Plant's new album from HMV online. No news on venue or date though although its rumoured to be at the HMV Forum in July. Seeing its a HMV deal I should think it will eather be the HMV Forum in Kentish Town or the HMV Apollo in Hammersmith.

he did nobodys fault in manic nirvana tour, do not remember him doing that on any of now and zen shows. Also my dad took me to shows since i was a baby, eventually to help him distriute weed etc :( but my point is, I saw zep, sabbath, floyd, stones and many others in thier prime, but the manic nirvana show in miami is still the best show I ever saw.

I still giggle, cause the sound system was amazing as hell but we could not hear for a few dyas....but not the music, but rahter the crowd was by far the loudest crowd ever for me to hear, maybe set some records decibal wise.

even after the show we all sang zep songs, I means thousands of us as we were crammed in the exit spirals. Lots of amazing vibes that night. which made me promise next time I saw him I would do something special which i did. forget the mile high club, there is no better sex then at a live plant show!

if you are crafty enough to find the vip balcony or some such place I highly recommend it :)

we snuck in 6 hours early and hid in the after party room! leads to balcony which almost sat on stage! omfg. we were kind enough to not steal any of the expensive food and drink but what an amazing time!

17 Days and counting. Robert Plant in Dallas, Texas. Although I really have no exact songlist to expect, I know that I am in for an unforgettable "Evening". Just to be able to see Robert almost as Up Close and Personal as I could be (which I know is pretty close), this is a Thrill that exceeds words. I only hope that most of You Robert Plant fans can get to see and enjoy something that has not even happened yet.

Hi PhxHorn,

Don't forget to say G'day,I am in the 13 ( next to you) at Dodge Theater, I am flying in from Australia specially to see the show, Can't wait, will be awesome. I'll be the one goin' crazy !!!!

See you there

Zeppatic.

17 Days and counting. Robert Plant in Dallas, Texas. Although I really have no exact songlist to expect, I know that I am in for an unforgettable "Evening". Just to be able to see Robert almost as Up Close and Personal as I could be (which I know is pretty close), this is a Thrill that exceeds words. I only hope that most of You Robert Plant fans can get to see and enjoy something that has not even happened yet.

I'll be there as well if all goes according to plan. His Dallas '83 gig is one of my favorite solo concert recordings and the venue for this gig seems to be a superb one.

http://www.youtube.c...!v=nsBmUOCmOWQ&

he did nobodys fault in manic nirvana tour, do not remember him doing that on any of now and zen shows. Also my dad took me to shows since i was a baby, eventually to help him distriute weed etc sad.gif but my point is, I saw zep, sabbath, floyd, stones and many others in thier prime, but the manic nirvana show in miami is still the best show I ever saw.

I still giggle, cause the sound system was amazing as hell but we could not hear for a few dyas....but not the music, but rahter the crowd was by far the loudest crowd ever for me to hear, maybe set some records decibal wise.

even after the show we all sang zep songs, I means thousands of us as we were crammed in the exit spirals. Lots of amazing vibes that night. which made me promise next time I saw him I would do something special which i did. forget the mile high club, there is no better sex then at a live plant show!

if you are crafty enough to find the vip balcony or some such place I highly recommend it smile.gif

we snuck in 6 hours early and hid in the after party room! leads to balcony which almost sat on stage! omfg. we were kind enough to not steal any of the expensive food and drink but what an amazing time!

I think your correct ! At least, I don't remember him playing NFBM on the 88 tour. Mind you, I have no way of confirming all of the tour. That's not meant as a knock to PH and I hope he doesn't take it as such. He did play it on the 91 tour. BTW, somebody mentioned that he played Back In The USSR as an encore...well, he played that in Vancouver and the place erupted when he did ! Cool...Cool...Cool smile.gif

I think your correct ! At least, I don't remember him playing NFBM on the 88 tour. Mind you, I have no way of confirming all of the tour.

NBFM was performed throughout the second North American leg of the tour (Oct-Dec 1988).

There's some nice rehearsal footage of it from MTV's "Return of the Tall Cool One" special.

Yes indeed, from the 2nd leg tour rehearsals held at the Starplex Amphitheatre in Dallas Oct 3 & 4 1988. On the footage

when NFBM concludes he turns from the mic and declares the band's initial attempt as "sloppy!" It's really quite funny

but unfortunately I don't see it on You Tube so I cannot provide a link. Anyway, it's getting a bit off topic.

20 days & counting until Austin, TX!!!!!

14 Days and counting until Robert's concert in Dallas, Texas. I mentioned this a few posts back, I plan to take a pen and paper and write down the setlist as I know and hear it as it happens and post it here a day or so later here in this topic for all to read and wonder. Of course I can foresee some circumstances that could happen to where my list may not be completely accurate and beyond my control to stay true to the actual setlist that night.

1. The main reason would be that Robert is gonna sing some songs off of his new album (yet to be released) that I will not have ever heard yet. So, unless he says the title of an unknown song before or after, I may just end up putting a ? mark in lieu of an actual title.

2. If Robert happens to do a "medley" of songs during his performance, unless I can concentrate and list and write down every song this may prove somewhat difficult.

3. Of course when (and if) Robert sings a song like "Big Log", "Sea of Love", "Little by Little", "Heaven Knows", "Big Love", "Calling to You", or any other Robert Plant "Trademark" songs, I know that I will be overtly thrilled and I hope in My Happiness I will not forget to write down those songs and any of the other dozens of other Robert Plant solo songs we all Know and Love.

4. I realize that I may have to stay somewhat Sober in order to do this and do this to the Best of my Ability. That is gonna take some hard restraint on my part, but I do plan on drinking a few Budweisers before and during this very highly and very anticipated ROBERT PLANT AND THE BAND OF JOY "Evening".

Again, there will probably be some other "unforeseen events" that will hinder my chances of getting a full and accurate setlist together. I am sure most of You can and will understand.

14 Days and counting until Robert's concert in Dallas, Texas. I mentioned this a few posts back, I plan to take a pen and paper and write down the setlist as I know and hear it as it happens and post it here a day or so later here in this topic for all to read and wonder. Of course I can foresee some circumstances that could happen to where my list may not be completely accurate and beyond my control to stay true to the actual setlist that night.

1. The main reason would be that Robert is gonna sing some songs off of his new album (yet to be released) that I will not have ever heard yet. So, unless he says the title of an unknown song before or after, I may just end up putting a ? mark in lieu of an actual title.

2. If Robert happens to do a "medley" of songs during his performance, unless I can concentrate and list and write down every song this may prove somewhat difficult.

3. Of course when (and if) Robert sings a song like "Big Log", "Sea of Love", "Little by Little", "Heaven Knows", "Big Love", "Calling to You", or any other Robert Plant "Trademark" songs, I know that I will be overtly thrilled and I hope in My Happiness I will not forget to write down those songs and any of the other dozens of other Robert Plant solo songs we all Know and Love.

4. I realize that I may have to stay somewhat Sober in order to do this and do this to the Best of my Ability. That is gonna take some hard restraint on my part, but I do plan on drinking a few Budweisers before and during this very highly and very anticipated ROBERT PLANT AND THE BAND OF JOY "Evening".

Again, there will probably be some other "unforeseen events" that will hinder my chances of getting a full and accurate setlist together. I am sure most of You can and will understand.

I will be jotting the setlist and have a review of the Tulsa show on July 16th. I don't drink so I am reliable for the job on that show.

Archived