Robert Plant 2010 Tour

9 days left until he's here in Phoenix, I'm psyched! Of all the times he has come to Phoenix since his solo career began, I've seen him here on every tour except 1 or maybe 2 of them. I might have missed the tour before the "Fate of Nations" tour, and maybe/maybe not the one before that. So I have seen him nearly every time he has come to Phoenix. I also seen him in Vegas for the "Dreamland" tour.

9 days left until he's here in Phoenix, I'm psyched! Of all the times he has come to Phoenix since his solo career began, I've seen him here on every tour except 1 or maybe 2 of them. I might have missed the tour before the "Fate of Nations" tour, and maybe/maybe not the one before that. So I have seen him nearly every time he has come to Phoenix. I also seen him in Vegas for the "Dreamland" tour.

4 days till Tulsa!!!!!!! for me!

my friend donnie vick and i(steve cowart) have tickets for the july 30th ruth eckerd hall show in clearwater,florida,cant wait,hopefully we will get another picture with him like we did in sept. of 93 when he played the jacksonville civic auditoriumsmile.gif -GOOD TIMES

my friend donnie vick and i(steve cowart) have tickets for the july 30th ruth eckerd hall show in clearwater,florida,cant wait,hopefully we will get another picture with him like we did in sept. of 93 when he played the jacksonville civic auditoriumsmile.gif -GOOD TIMES

That's cool! Have fun man! I remember when Plant came here to Phoenix in 93' for the "Fate Of Nations" tour, that was a good tour. It was the only time I seen him play in an outdoor venue(the Mesa Ampitheater). It was great, I'll never forget it. I am most interested in the reviews that will be coming out for Plant's first date in Memphis, TN. tomorrow. smile.gif

I was at that Mesa Amphitheater show in '93, too. It was great. He sang a bit of Light My Fire during Mood. My girlfriend was overwhelmed by the pot smoke in the audience and I had to practically carry her to the car after the show!

I was at that Mesa Amphitheater show in '93, too. It was great. He sang a bit of Light My Fire during Mood. My girlfriend was overwhelmed by the pot smoke in the audience and I had to practically carry her to the car after the show!

I was there also that was a great show. Cool venue and Robert was awesome!

I am on the other side of the PITI PhxHorn from your seats next week.

Looking forward to the show.

I expect to see a review of opening night within a matter of hours!!

By the way, I just noticed that he's playing Tucson the day after Phoenix. That's only a 90-minute drive. Hmmmmm....rolleyes.gif

A friend of mine here in town is doing that. I was originally planning to go with her, but decided against it. I should not have decided against it I'm thinking...

Damn, I love the internets! Interesting that Rock and Roll is in E instead of the original A, or G as at O2. I guess it doesn't make sense to have him shrieking at the top of his range for rockabilly, though.

OK, I'm getting psyched enough to seriously consider a Tucson ticket for the night after Phoenix. There are a ton of reserved seats left--the venue appears to have only sold about 2/3 of the reserved seats.

Found this:

FIRST LIVE REPORT: Robert Plant and The Band Of Joy – The Orpheum Theatre, Memphis, TN

Set List:

Down To The Sea, Angel Dance, Please Read The Letter, House Of Cards, Misty Mountain Hop, Monkey, Oh What A Beautiful City/Wader In The Water/In My Time OF Dying Medley, Rich Woman. Gone Gone Gone, All The Kings Horses, Nobodys Fault But Mine, Satan Your Kingdom Must Go, Central Two O Nine, Houses Of The Holy, Tall Cool One, Harms Swift Way, Gallows Pole.

Encores: Thank You, Rock And Roll.

First reports filtering across the Atlantic from Roberts Memphis gig last night shows a varying set list covering all corners of the singer career. Kicking off with Down To The Sea from Fate Of Nations before the first single from the forthcoming Band Of Joy album Angel Dance. Next is the Page/Plant number Please Read The Letter returning back to the original rather than the Robert/ Alison version. House Of Cards follows before dipping into Led Zepp 4 for a slower tempo version of Misty Mountain Hop. Lows Monkey follows before a three song medley of Oh What A Beautiful City/Wader In The Water/In My Time OF Dying Medley in a traditional gospel setting. Two songs from his successful Raising Sands album follow, Rich Woman and Gone Gone Gone. All The Kings Horses from Mighty Rearranger follow before Patty leads use through a version of Nobody’s Fault But Mine. Next up is Satan Your Kingdom Must Go and Central Two O Nine from the Band Of Joy album, the latter featuring Robert on wash-board (?). Houses Of The Holy is premiered in Memphis tonight and gets the crowd up on it feet before a rocking Tall Cool One. After Robert introduces the band it’s into Townes Van Zandt song “Harm’s Swift Way.” Before a rollicking version of Gallows Pole. The band return to the stage for an encore of Thank You before a swing intro to a song, what it is isn’t obvious until the first line: “Been a long time since I rock ‘n’ rolled.” Rock And Roll closes the first night of the first tour by Robert Plant and The Band Of Joy.

Very special thanks to Steve Sauer at www.ledzeppelinnews.com for his on the spot facebook reports.

That's cool! Have fun man! I remember when Plant came here to Phoenix in 93' for the "Fate Of Nations" tour, that was a good tour. It was the only time I seen him play in an outdoor venue(the Mesa Ampitheater). It was great, I'll never forget it. I am most interested in the reviews that will be coming out for Plant's first date in Memphis, TN. tomorrow. smile.gif

man fate of nations is such a deep and moving album,even though he didnt write" if i was a carpenter" plant sings it with such feeling and emotion that it brings tears to my eyes,i have met and hung out with plant during the fate of nations rehersals in lakeland florida in sept. of 93 and he is the most down to earth and coolest rock stars i have ever met,if anyone should have an attitude it it should be him be he is a good person inside and is a true spirit of heart and desrves to be where he is at.i have never met page but can only imagine he is the same way,very gentlemen like,thank you for your reply.

man fate of nations is such a deep and moving album,even though he didnt write" if i was a carpenter" plant sings it with such feeling and emotion that it brings tears to my eyes,i have met and hung out with plant during the fate of nations rehersals in lakeland florida in sept. of 93 and he is the most down to earth and coolest rock stars i have ever met,if anyone should have an attitude it it should be him be he is a good person inside and is a true spirit of heart and desrves to be where he is at.i have never met page but can only imagine he is the same way,very gentlemen like,thank you for your reply.

Fate of Nations is my favorite album along with Mighty Rearranger. It's just so hauntingly beautiful and the tour was stellar.

Agreed, it looks to die for. I've always wanted to see him do Thank You. I'm glad he appears to be rocking it up. Can't wait until September now for London. It's too far away!

I've seen him do Thank You with Strange Sensation - wonderful. September will be here before you know it! Looking forward to your review afterwards :D

The set list does look awesome! I'm getting really excited about the show. :yay:

I'm looking forward to all the Zeppelin songs, but I cannot wait to hear the new stuff as well.

Thanks all for the links, videos and photos. Robert looks and sounds great!

Archived